Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT

You know some mornings I can't get any blood at all to test... this morning I had a gusher. I was dripping blood.

Those of you in Laura path be safe and take cover!

Edited by Diana_CT

FunDad62

1 hour ago, adiantum said:

Does Clint live in the path of Laura?

Yes he does.  But I just looked at some web camera views of Galveston and it looks calm.  Hopefully he's far enough away from where it made landfall.

janice21475
19 hours ago, Hammer said:

Janice, I am sorry to hear of your condition.  I will be sending you positive thoughts and hoping that you aren't going to be seeing St. Peter anytime soon.

Thank you Friend!

janice21475
18 hours ago, adiantum said:

Janice, I'm sorry you are having this experience. Be kind to yourself.

Thanks Lee. I am practicing generosity to myself. In the grocery I no longer buy the generic versions to safe money. If I want something I buy the best I can get. There is a BIG difference in fresh grated cheese and prepacked. I am learning to relish that difference. :)

I am also being more generous with homeless people and disadvantaged people I come to interact with. I may not be rich but I can't take what I have with me, either. :)

TX_Clint

I'm fine gang. There wasn't even rain here. Just a little wind but no more than a small thunderstorm would generate. I was down at the marina at about 1 am and the tide was much higher than usual. Water in the road in a few places next to the marina. Those poor folks over in Lake Charles, Louisiana are really getting it though. First the hurricane and then a plant fire that has everyone within 3 parish's sheltering in place with windows closed and cannot run the AC even if they have electricity. If you've ever been to Louisiana you know they are really suffering.

adiantum

Glad you are OK Clint. I was concerned when they named Galveston. 

Louisiana is really in trouble this time with the added devastation of the fire at a chemical plant.

Irina, Imagining that cute Cairn  causing mischief does make a girl smile, even before coffee. 

Janice , Its good that you are enjoying the delights this planet produces & good cheese is a must.

I've always given to the homeless when I see one, but dont give to the charities since being told the majority of  the homeless dont approach them for help.

Todays fashions & casual lifestyles make it hard to determine who's having a hard time or who is just trendy .:D

IrinaHarr

147 this morning, could not resist the "lemon drop" melon last night; it tastes quite unusual - sweet and tart, I have never had anything like this. 🍈

FunDad62

@TX_Clint - You are correct.  I spent two weeks every summer in New Orleans when I was growing up.  Muggy and hot.  And everything seemed to stay wet all the time.  My parents are from NOLA and my brother lives on the north side of Lake Pontchartrain. Have you ever heard of a one-horse town in TX called Sweeny?  Not far from you.  That's where my other grandparents lived and we'd spend a week there too.  I remember going over that bridge I saw in the pictures of Lake Charles on our way to Sweeny.

Diana_CT

We are supposed to get the remnants of Laura tomorrow and I got my fingers crossed that it will hit us.
What you say… you want to get hit by a hurricane?
Well it will not be a hurricane or a tropical storm just a bunch of rain… up to 3 or 4 inches and since we are in severe drought conditions in the northeast including both here in Connecticut and on Cape Cod any rain would be welcome. 

meyery2k

92 today.

The other day, I was riding laps around the park near my home.  There is a dog park there.  I saw someone carrying a King Charles Spaniel.  On my next lap, the dog was walking in the park on a leash, next lap the dog was being carried back to the car.

adiantum

Mike, what a difference in dogs. when the car stops my boy is " on your start".. I unclick him from his seat belt.. he must hear " get ready"

I open the car door & that must mean "go"  as  I have pull my feet in fast  so he car get past & out the door.

Of course I first check that the ranger isnt there ,or he'd have to go on a leash to go from the carpark into the park.

May lots of rain come your way Diana. Our dams have filled to 80% since recent rains here & one so full that water had to be released. 

The de-salinator is still in operation & it takes too much energy to restart it if its turned off.. so we waste fresh water.

I'd not heard of lemon drop melon before... I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Diana_CT

It is lightly raining the heavy rain is passing by to the south of us we are on the fringe of the Laura, we might get get some heavy rain tonight.

FunDad62

I've never seen a dog in a seat belt before.  Smart idea though.  Supposed to rain here all weekend.  I can't wait for cooler weather.

adiantum

It's a $200 fine here if caught with an unrestrained  dog in the car, although I occasionally  see a dog on the drivers lap.

I'd rather him travel in the back seat but he doesnt like to. He wears a harness to take pressure on his chest & not his neck should I brake hard.

This strap clicks into the seat belt attatchment & the other end clicks onto a ring on the back of the harness.

I also pay extra for road service to cover the dog should I have car trouble enroute .

https://www.mynrma.com.au/cars-and-driving/roadside-assistance/pet-plus

42830368-1-f.jpg

Diana_CT

That is the lowest my reading has been in months! 

Well the rain from topical storm  Laura passed south of us. We only got about 0.2 inches rain yesterday and in the evening a weather front moved through that brought thunderstorms through the state but those were hit or miss. We only light rain and the drought continues, we have a 10 inch (25 cm) rain deficit since the first of the year. 

I'm off to the Cape for the week.