Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

janice21475
On 8/27/2020 at 1:22 PM, IrinaHarr said:

out of breath chasing 14 week old puppy :)

What a joy that must be, Can't think of anything as joyful as a puppy. Please send pictures of the terror.

janice21475
On 8/27/2020 at 6:03 PM, adiantum said:

Todays fashions & casual lifestyles make it hard to determine who's having a hard time or who is just trendy .:D

You just said a mouthful! :)

meyery2k

88 today.

One of my usual rest stops is here.  The dogs will come out barking furiously.  Eventually, the goat shows up with the attitude of, "Why haven't you gotten rid of the humans yet?".  I sometimes think that the true conspiracy is that goats run the world...

118498215_10213782084265999_7166059274983653121_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=HzKpUVFp8U8AX8C5tjn&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=819904397c63e85301f5770ed5367007&oe=5F714C16

adiantum

7.4 on the last day of Winter..woohoo

Goats are interesting critters.. I relayed a fencing hint to a friend about a suitable fence for  her goats.

Build  the fence & then throw a buket of water at it..If the water gets through , then so will a goat.

She agreed.. the wind blew a tree down on a fence . The horses looked at it & moved on.

The goats looked, ate the foliage, trashed the branches , then climbed the trunk to get across to the next paddock.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

128 (No surprise there since I didn't eat lunch or dinner I had a couple slices of ham and cheese. I was too strung out from the accident)

Well yesterday was an interesting day, I was driving up to the cottage when WHAM BANG!

118318388_10221403341986698_704061027928

I got into an accident yesterday on the way up to the cottage in Bourne.

No injuries! The car is drivable.

When you come off of the Bourne Bridge they is a two lane traffic rotary (roundabout). She was on the inside lane and wanted to exit and struck my car. I saw her coming out of the corner of my eye, then WHAM. She was driving a great big SUV... guess which car had the most damage?

Now the paperwork!

P.S. Did I mention that I hate rotaries!!!!

Edited by Diana_CT

FunDad62

That stinks Diana.  Roundabouts work very well.  It's just that so many folks don't "get it".  I looked at that one on Google maps.  It's nice and big but why are there no lines painted on it?  Is it one or two-lane?

Diana_CT
51 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

It's nice and big but why are there no lines painted on it?  Is it one or two-lane?

Two lanes and no painted lines making it a great big free-for-all.

IrinaHarr

126 today, a little rain - not nearly enough to revive the lawn or consider garden "watered". We enjoy cooler weather though, 60s in the morning perfect for walking in the park 🏞️ 🐕

Hammer

A 76 (4.22) today.  There is a roundabout on my way to my barber shop, and I have no problem using it, but most of the other people do.  When you are about to enter the roundabout, there is a yield sign on each road that is entering the roundabout, but no one yields, they just go right through it, and almost crash into you if you are already in the roundabout....as if you are supposed to yield to them. 🙄

adiantum

6 after a 10 hour sleep. I guess I slept through the DP party.

Diana, I'm so sorry you had this issue & will be inconvenienced for some time to follow.

It's a good looking bridge.

It's a 4km.2mile trip to the dog park which includes 2 roundabouts   theres often  crash debris on them

FunDad62

There's a roundabout in my hometown that's the worst.  It's two-lane, small, and VERY busy.  It really needs to be twice the size.  I've almost been hit there countless times.

IrinaHarr

122 today.

@Janice21475 - little terror discovered paperwork :) 
The main issue is to keep an eye on her at all times, when I need to work I put her in a crate and take her out to the yard very often; after we brought her home she kicked the litter box and only goes outside. We did have one accident to learn she likes carpet as much as grass and have to watch her for signs of needing to go out. If I relax and do nothing she might learn that "potty in the house is ok".

20200831_140747.jpg

adiantum

I potted around in the garden which was neglected all through winter , so lots more work to be done.

For the dogs sake, I had spend the day in PJ pants so he could see that we were not going to the park.

Irina... that is soooo cute.

janice21475
22 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

If I relax and do nothing she might learn that "potty in the house is ok".

I remember 'potty training.' It also occurs in the cutest period of their life. My Jack Russell was the most trying. She would look you in the eye and squat. It took a whole year.  Little monster. I dearly love her. I am very grateful our big boy (86+ pounds) was trained when we got him. He, also, has never got on the bed/couch. Thanks for the picture, hide all the paperwork. Grin.

Edited by janice21475