Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

7.7 ...it mustve been the un-health bars filled with oats & grains, & I didnt stop at one.

I thought it was comfort food but it turned uncomfortable.

A couple I see invited me to join them for a day out sailing next week.......  but I cant leave my dog home alone so had to decline.

Hey Ricos, its good to see you.

FunDad62

@adiantum - I was just thinking last night how I miss having a dog.  Had my last one put down 3 1/2 years ago (bladder cancer).  I divorced and sold my house and live in an apartment now and just don't want to get a dog while living here.  I see people at all hours of the day and night walking their pups, no matter what the weather.  And I have to admit, it's nice to be able to just pick up and leave whenever for however long I want to.  I'm planning on buying a house in 6 months.  Probably get another dog then.

IrinaHarr

144 this morning, I was up for 2 hours before I remembered to test. Ordered more strips, hope they deliver soon, today was my last strip from the batch I was using.

janice21475
18 hours ago, adiantum said:

A couple I see invited me to join them for a day out sailing next week.......  but I cant leave my dog home alone so had to decline.

Perhaps you need to find a Doggie Day Care. :rolleyes: Or, get another dog for company.

adiantum

6.9 I guess my dog enjoys my company as much as I enjoy his. Ive never lived alone so not sure how I'd cope.

He used to be ok at being left locked in the house, but it seems intruders knew how to get in & since then he's afraid of children & many men.

Since then, Ive installed barriers along the side boundary fence & changed locks on the house, but he's not to know that he should be safe now.

Its good to see him approach the occasional man in the park but he's still afraid of all children.

Thanks @janice21475,Ive looked into doggie day care but I'd rather just use that in an emergency & I'm still looking for a compatible dog .

Yesterday was a perfect 30C/ 86F day & it stayed warm all night. Is the foliage colouring up there for Fall?

Edited by adiantum

Ricros

This morning I was at 100 much better than yesterday. 

Thank you adiantum,  it is glad to be seen again.

IrinaHarr
6 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Perhaps you need to find a Doggie Day Care. :rolleyes: Or, get another dog for company.

Janice, one is enough - our girl is now sneaking to the bathroom every chance she gets. Hubby says she is fighting Kling Ons:)

20200903_162336.jpg

janice21475
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

Is the foliage colouring up there for Fall? 

Dearest Lee, Only if you consider bright green and dripping wet from a daily rain to be Fall-like, we are still in the deep dregs of summer. I have patience, it has always come - eventually. :)

janice21475
5 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

Janice, one is enough - our girl is now sneaking to the bathroom every chance she gets. Hubby says she is fighting Kling Ons:)

I like that 'Kling On's." She is a beautiful little thing. I believe God made puppies & kittens so cute so they would have a chance of growing up. She is at least containing the 'crumbs' in a cluster and not spreading them all over. Soon you will be missing this behavior.

Hammer

A 72 (4.0) today.  It's been raining here since Tuesday, and the grass is growing like crazy.  I'm hoping that it will be dry enough for me to mow it on Saturday.

Diana_CT

I have company at the cottage and they brought all types of bad things like apple cider donuts, apple cider, and candy... hard to resist.

I have been taken them around to the tourist things on the Cape and taken photos...

DSC_4832_3_4_Painterly-denoise-2-2.JPG

In my crash on Sunday, the other driver admitted responsibility and I mailed off the last of the paperwork. 

FunDad62

Depends on what part of the country you're in here Lee.  I'm sure the colors are changing up in Diana's area.  Down here in the south, not for another several weeks.

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, FunDad62 said:

Depends on what part of the country you're in here Lee.  I'm sure the colors are changing up in Diana's area.  Down here in the south, not for another several weeks.

Not yet.

Mostly at the middle of October they change here. Vermont and northern New England starts mid-September and the color move south.

However, ever they say that the color is going to be drab this year because of the drought..

Ricros

I was at 110 this morning.  This was after one of the children let the dog out late and went back to bed.  I was woken at 3 am to the dog barking to get back in.  Usually when this happens My fasting is over 130.  then on the way to work I had a unexpected passenger.  A little grasshopper rode on the dashboard all the way t work with me.  Just sat at the windshield looking out.  I released him when I arrived.  So it was a good start to the day.

adiantum

It amused me wondering what that grasshopper was thinking..travelling at great speed after one single leap : ))

I checked the webcams of Houghton Mi & its still green up & out  there..Ive never seen Summer images there before.. wow that place gets very green.

Their Fall & Winter images fascinate me & once I even saw the great northen lights. Watching Winter images is a pleasure when experiencing a brutal summer here.