Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

Ouch Diana, that was a journey through heIl &  threatens you with a lot of wasted time & stress throughout the recovery period.

Spellcheck is draconian so I  replace one "l " with a capital " i ".

I keep garden secateus in the car that can fix almost anything from hammering,screwing or cutting.

Hammer those lighthouse images are amazing. I doubt the construction workers were highly paid & on danger money.

I'd hate to climb those stairs of the first one but I imagine that sign half way up reads....

" Did you lock your car " :rofl: because theres no going back.

Stay safe from those winds Ran.

Hammer

An 80 (4.44) today.  Diana, hearing of your tale of woe, reminded me of the old adage, "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's an electrical problem."  Oh, and if you want to spell "HƐLL", use the character map in Windows and select the Ɛ symbol....or the Ƹ symbol....or the Ʃ symbol.

Edited by Hammer

Hammer
12 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

@Hammer That lighthouse on top of that rock, I would like to stay there for a week or two.

It makes me wonder....considering how high that rock is, how did they get electricity up the rock to power the light in the light house?...not to mention how they got electricity over to the rock in the first place?  Maybe they just had generators outside of the light house that powered it...?  Can you imagine the peace and quiet that you'd experience there if you lived in those light houses year round?  I wonder if there is a McDonald's there?:rofl:  

FunDad62

Fell asleep without taking any meds or insulin.

Us motorcycle riders have a saying.  You only need to carry two things.  Duct tape and WD40.  If it doesn't move and it's supposed to, use the WD40.  If it moves and it's not supposed to, use the duct tape!

IrinaHarr

Still waiting for my test strips to arrive,  long awaited rain has arrived with addition of cold weather. I got rained on on the parking lot yesterday and it was icy cold! It is 49 today and colder at night, which is 20 degrees too low for September. Sunday is back to 80F :)

janice21475
13 hours ago, Hammer said:

It makes me wonder....considering how high that rock is, how did they get electricity up the rock to power the light in the light house?

There were lighthouses 'before' the electricity. :)

Ricros

I was 119 today.  Diana sorry to hear of your journey yesterday, but great job on getting it done.

Hammer thanks for the Lighthouse pictures.  Have you ever watched the ghost hunter shows when they investigate a old light house?

FunDad strangely enough when I was in the Army as a helicopter mechanic we had the same saying.

Last night I had another visitor at the house this time.  A Preying Mantis just sitting under the porch light waiting for dinner.  Then I came by and a did a photo shoot on it.

Mantis Face.jpg

Mantis What.jpg

adiantum

The navy says..........if it moves oil it, if it stays still...paint it.

Beautiful mantis Ricros.

Yesterday I had to complete a survey yesterday on how the seniors are adapting to the covid isolation.

If it wasnt for observing nature I wouldve omitted a complete section.

It made me realise how self sufficient I am.I'd be in my glory living in a lighthouse as long as I had the internet.

So, covid-19 hasnt made  much of a difference to me.

Hammer

A 69 (3.83) today.

Janice, yes, I did know that they had lighthouses before they had electricity, but since a lot of them are now automated, they would need electricity.  Some of those light houses were built centuries ago, and that's what made me wonder how they got the building materials up those steep cliffs without the benefit of helicopters?  I can imagine what it would be like to live in one of those de-commissioned light houses, and have a telescope to look at the starts, when it would be so dark that you couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

Diana_CT

@Hammer A friend was in the Coast Guard during the Vietnam era and was stationed at lighthouses in the Gulf Coast. He was a radio operator at the lighthouses (and also a ham). He was a lifer, he retired after 20 years in the service (and of course then went to work at the post office).

Before electricity they powered the lights with either kerosene or calcium carbide to make acetylene, now they are all solar and wind powered (you can see the windmill in the photo of the Race Point lighthouse). At many of the lighthouse in New England you see booms with block and tackle to host supplies up to the lighthouse.

In this photo of the Goat Island Lighthouse in Kennebunkport the Secret Service were stationed there to protect president Bush whose summer home which is right the shore from the lighthouse.

My brother and sister-in-law live nearby and see the Bushes in church and around town. One time when they were dinning out at a seafood restaurant the Bushes and the Clintons came in for dinner. 

DRL_20131009_0910-web.jpg

My reading was 125 this morning and yesterday my reading was 133

So yesterday the appraiser came out to look at my car and he had a long list of items needing repair. He also said that my car was unsafe to drive, he said that the impact tore the fender from the frame and was only being held on by the duct tape and the torn metal.

After he left I drove it to the auto repair shop and left with a rental.

adiantum

5.5 Tra la la la la

Dinner was a bowl of green veges then slept 9 hours.

Lots of upper arm exercise which will be repeated today.

Ever get a ball of twine & undo it from the wrong end.. then try the other end?

I bought 100yards of garden hose & have untangled about 40yds.

It is good to see you online ran... those fires have been on our news.

The survivors of Paradise must be traumatized as they remember their fires.

Edited by adiantum