Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr

128 today, back to 90s today. We had no rain all August, this last 4 day soak was really beneficial and grass started growing.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Diana_CT

The remnants of hurricane Sally is expected to go south of us. A cold front is going to force it out to sea, there is no rain in the forecast for the next 7 days. 

Ricros

104 this morning.  So glad I changed jobs a few months ago.

Ran did you get a new coffee maker?  Need the wake up juice.

adiantum

Pssst FunDad, yup it's just you.all photos I see here are very clear.

Diana, do you keep a bowl of waer out for the animals? 

I have a few bowls around the garden on pedestals & at ground level.

A shallow bowl out from the kitchen window gets many visits from bees,damsel flies etc but thats when theres no dove sitting in it.

I often shoo them away to give insects a chance to drink.

FunDad62

When I got my cat I would keep a water bowl out for her.  Every morning when I would brush my teeth and shave she would jump up on the sink and drink the running water out of the faucet.  After I showered she would jump in the tub and lick the water.  To this day she will not drink out of a bowl of water.  Ever.  I Googled it once and read that it's instinct from cats in the wild who seek out the freshest water they can find.  And they don't need much.  So every morning (now that she's bigger) we push and shove each other around while she's trying to drink and i'm trying to brush my teeth and shave.  Lol.

Diana_CT

We had a beautiful sunset last night because of the west coast fire, the smoke from the fires have made its way to the east coast. We have a milky haze blocking the sun. Amazing that the smoke got this far,over 3000 miles.

adiantum

My dog also likes to drink from running water but a Doberman I used to have loved filthy putrid water.

When we visited the cemetery, she'd go all around the graves drinking stagnant water from the vases.

We used to go there often until someone tried to pick up my tiny shihtzu . She ran away pulling her butt in while looking behind & barking.

That was strange as it was just me & my two dogs there. This country village cemetery  has  5 acres of cleared land with low headstones yet my dog had to escape from someone.

I was reminded of that recently when viewing a house for sale. It is across the road from a cemetery yet lovely river along the back of the property.

Ricros

136 this morning luckily.  I say that because I was offered a couple pieces off gummie candy last night from one of my children and I ate them.  Well, according to the Libre I climbed to  350 over night then came crashing back down to below 150.  That was over the course of 3 hours.  Now I know why I was frigidity last night. I never thought to check because I have not had this reaction to one or two pieces of candy before.  Well I know what brand it was and will avoid them now or save them for around meal time when I use take meds.

IrinaHarr

108 last night, 126 this morning. Chopped up my only tomato plant today, it got so cool at nights that it was covered in black spots; collected 9 lb of red tomatoes (plant was huge, Juliet hybrid with nice size plum tomatoes). Looking forward to planting bulbs, I ordered 9 varieties of daffodils and some regale lilies I remember from childhood (grandmother had those).

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

Yesterday was 29C/84F so we walked in the shade of the forest.

Thought of one of you folk when I noticed Dianella longifolia in flower. It's nice to have little incidences to remind me of this great community.

Blueberry lily
Smooth Flax Lily- Dianella longifolia (7075154909).jpgDianella longifolia

janice21475
8 hours ago, adiantum said:
Blueberry lily
Smooth Flax Lily- Dianella longifolia (7075154909).jpgDianella longifolia

The blossom looks about the size of my fingertip. Lovely.