Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 124

There have been a number of forest fires around the state because of the drought. Unlike the fires out west these are more like brush fires. They burn the dried leaves and dead branches on the forest floor but they also burn deep into the soil. 

Firefighters contain nearly 100-acre brush fire in Windham that prompted elementary school to close

FunDad62

@Diana_CT - I was a firegighter/EMT for four years once upon a time.  I despised brush/forest fires.  Exhausting for hours.  Unlike a building fire which was usually extinguished in 30 or 40 minutes.

ran23

Early morning reading of 86?   No rain yet, but something blew out most of the smoke in the area.   May walk soon.

FunDad62

They're saying we're going to have 10 to 12 foot waves here today from hurricane Teddy which it 1,437 km from here.

Edited by FunDad62

adiantum

7.2 Rain here..lovely light rain but I dont like it on Sundays.

Thats  my dogs social day in the park where he gets to run /play with 20 friends & accept treats from all of their owners.

Its a good day to do jigsaws. Yesterdays was from Hilo & is of a huge white cone. Mike what is it?

The jigsaw takes about 20mins to complete.

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=2ee1969c3a39

adiantum

@IrinaHarr This article on puppy scams might interest you. Just this year theres been $300,000 scamed from people hoping to buy a puppy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-09-20/puppy-scams-cost-australians-1.3m-but-victims-are-fighting-back/12611646?nw=0

I posted it here not knowing if Irina reads posts in chit chat.

meyery2k

83 today.  This random road offered a great view of Mauna Kea.  Have to try to remember to go there when there is snow on top.

119791253_10213883778888301_8633699830376201711_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GuNO8BBpV0cAX_tejb8&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=2fae3aa7ac22d750ff52133d009067cb&oe=5F8DA0F1

adiantum

7.3 Congratulations Diana.

Not sure which link you referred to Hammer. The puppy scam is frequently in the news here as people are coping with covid isolation they decide to buy a puppy. I dont understand why alarm bells didnt ring for the woman in the article when the supposed buyer wanted photos. At least her story will warn others.

The  jigsaw .... The variety of puzzles in this site  is huge. You can select your preferred theme or one thats offered  which is how I came across this one.

Hilo hawaii192zatji

adiantum

I found it..it's a planetarium 

'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i
(The Mauna Kea Astronomy Education Center)

Hilo hawaii192zatji

meyery2k
7 hours ago, adiantum said:

I found it..it's a planetarium 

'Imiloa Astronomy Center of Hawai'i
(The Mauna Kea Astronomy Education Center)

Hilo hawaii192zatji

Right here in my hometown!

adiantum

Yup...I knew that ...:D

Its a good day to do jigsaws. Yesterdays was from Hilo & is of a huge white cone. Mike what is it?

The jigsaw takes about 20mins to complete.

https://www.jigsawplanet.com/?rc=play&pid=2ee1969c3a39

2 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Right here in my hometown!

•  

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 137

The battery went dead and at 4 in the morning I was digging through my junk drawer to find a new battery. As you can see, I found one. 

IrinaHarr

141 today, still nice weather this week though not a cloud in sight 10 days in a row.

IrinaHarr

@adiantum - thank you for puppy scam info, I have never heard of this before; I wouldn't send my license photo to anyone though.

There was an email and a call to my business two years ago about building website and the email owner volunteered a lot of information like budget number that normal customers do not do. Then when I heard phone call recording I realized that man's accent was nigerian - like my late farther-in-law's healthcare helper. I googled phone number for scam and BINGO! found it. My hubby did not pick up on it at all, he was all excited about potential customer with big budget. My linguistics training sure helped to recognize the accent, once in awhile the academe education pais off ;)