Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

janice21475
On 9/19/2020 at 5:31 PM, adiantum said:

The jigsaw takes about 20mins to complete. 

Puzzling puzzle! Again, Mike, what is this cone thing?

Lee, I played it at 144 pieces, took me 32+ min. Beautiful picture. Thanks for the game, Lee.

janice21475
On 9/19/2020 at 11:27 PM, ran23 said:

NO picture of the puzzle to go by first?   

Ran, At the bottom, in the dark strip where the time displays, click on the icon on the far left. At any time during the game you can get a view of the picture. There are several configurations for the image size. You mostly have to fidget with things until you learn what they do. These puzzles are amazingly full of things you can tweak and modify (number of pieces, shape of pieces are only the tip of the iceberg). I play at least 10 a day. Have my browser configured to open two windows, one for puzzles and one for browsing news, etc. Usually have 5-6 unplayed puzzles selected and waiting for me.  I am totally addicted to that site. I sent in a donation and had the ads removed, too. Well worth it. Have fun.

meyery2k
8 hours ago, adiantum said:

Its a good day to do jigsaws. Yesterdays was from Hilo & is of a huge white cone. Mike what is it?

Lee - It is a visitor center to promote astronomy and Native Hawaiian culture.  There is a small planetarium on site that is used to teach star navigation to budding voyagers.   According to Google, Imiloa translates to exploration driven by a sense of wonder and imagination.  The tie-in being that Polynesian voyagers used astronomy as part of an elaborate navigation system.  There is a great restaurant there as well.  It is located on the University of Hawaii Hilo campus.  Janice - The cone is titanium clad and the design architect, Russ Oda, was a friend of mine (he passed away in 2018 at the age of 89) that designed many interesting buildings in the state.  There are actually 3 titanium clad cones on the campus which represent the volcanoes, Mauna Kea, Mauna Loa, and Hualalai.

93 today.  Today is a rest day so this was a picture from the last ride for summer 2020.

119672181_10213889997683767_896279967694414168_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=3wF5r_tZwH4AX9HkmEw&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=53bdd3db5c2fa025c09b34b10e12214f&oe=5F8CD393

adiantum

D'oh..........of course it's shaped like a volcano. I kept wondering about that ,even noticed one of the buildings without a tip..didnt think volcano.

My brain mustve been out free ranging . Theres a few puzzles listed as Hilo. some of food,some views like those Mike has posted & a lovely one of Bromiliads in the Botanical Gardens.

Irina, theres many people scammed over puppies but thats the first Ive heard of stolen ID.

The latest scam is over rented premises. People hoping to rent dont visit the property because of covid-19 & just keep sending bond money for a property thats not available.

Its sad that we can no longer trust people.

IrinaHarr

132 today, was watering garden noticed a strange grey bean on my hyacinth vine - recognize anyone? Do not be fooled by hand holding real bean, its just for the scale of it :)

20200921_080056.jpg

FunDad62
3 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

My  reading this morning was 147 at 3 AM. 

Parts of the state overnight had frost ushering the first day of fall. 

Getting any rain from Teddy?

adiantum

Great photo Irina.

Last night I watched the movie " Parasite " that had deservedly won the award for  best picture .

It was really funny ,yet violent.

IrinaHarr

131 today. It is just right here in Eastern Nebraska to sleep with window open at night. Although with all the traffic I prefer window closed, especially on the weekend. We have young couple neighbors and they could have friends at the bonfire till late on the weekend with car doors open/closed like at 3 am. I like them, so I just turn AC on and close the window - they are young and can have late nights and still look good in the morning :)

janice21475
On 9/22/2020 at 7:55 AM, FunDad62 said:

Slept with my window open last night for the first time in 6 months.  Welcome to Fall, y'all.  In Florida anyway.

My AC has been turned off for 2-3 days now, I'm loving it! It is 10am and 70 degrees. I will enjoy it while it lasts. :star:Wish I could share it with you all.

adiantum

I just opened an email from paypal saying my a/c information has been confirmed.

We were able to verify the information you provided, and your account setup is now complete.

Thanks for taking the time to verify your information and helping to keep your account secure.

It must be 12 months or more since I contacted them apart from buying. 

The email looks genuine even says not to reply. Now I have to address this but it will have to wait until Ive had coffee & my phones charged.

Diana_CT

I am up at the Cape until Monday with some friends from Long Island and we went out to eat at a restaurant here in Wellfleet. Since we were really early I drove to the Cape Cod National Seashore Marconi Station (The actual Marconi station was located a 100 yards (91m) out in the ocean because of beach erosion) for the sunset. The surf was unbelievable! With hurricane Teddy a hundred miles off the coast, the surf was over ten feet high (3m)!

IMG_20200923_184835-4.JPG

Taken with my Nokia smartphone

For supper I had Taste of the Mediterranean with prosciutto, garlic, feta, basil, fire roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and Halibut. Delicious!