Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

What a relief the computer turned on this morning.

It was like going to the doctors after the symptoms had cleared up.

I'd even changed power points.

Hammer

A 96 (5.33) this 20°F (-6.7°C) morning.  I just got back from the food store, and the cold breeze outside felt really nice.  The wind chill is 6°F (-14.4°C).  When I am awake, I like to go to the food store between 1 am and 5 am on a weekday, since the Wal-Mart is open 24/7....no crowds or traffic, plus I know a lot of the cashiers that work there, so I can have a chat with them as there are no other people waiting in line behind me.  It's the only chance I get to talk to another human being in person all week.😊

Ahnanimus

86 on this Chooseday.  Today I  choose to be happy 😂🤗 despite the pain  which has taken up residence in my big toe for the past week . 

Hammer
46 minutes ago, Ahnanimus said:

86 on this Chooseday.  Today I  choose to be happy 😂🤗 despite the pain  which has taken up residence in my big toe for the past week . 

Ahnanimus, do you think that the pain is gout?  If it is gout, then there are two things that you can do to stop the pain.  The first is to drink lots of water.  If your pain is from a bout of the gout, drinking water will help to break up the uric acid crystals that cause gout.  The second thing, is to buy a jar of cherries (the type that you put on top of an ice cream sundae), and drink the juice from them.  The problem with doing that, is that there are a lot of carbs in that cherry juice, but it does help with gout.

meyery2k

My Spidey Sense must have been acting up or I felt a disturbance in "the force".  97 today.  Not 5 minutes later, Kala calls me to inform me she was in a fender bender.  She was rear-ended.  So far, only some wounded pride and a dinged bumper.  Hopefully that is all since I know being rear-ended can sometimes mess you up.

Ahnanimus
5 hours ago, Hammer said:

Ahnanimus, do you think that the pain is gout?  If it is gout, then there are two things that you can do to stop the pain.  The first is to drink lots of water.  If your pain is from a bout of the gout, drinking water will help to break up the uric acid crystals that cause gout.  The second thing, is to buy a jar of cherries (the type that you put on top of an ice cream sundae), and drink the juice from them.  The problem with doing that, is that there are a lot of carbs in that cherry juice, but it does help with gout.

I  think it is, so I'm boosting my water intake and also  having a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water 3 times a day. I haven't tried the cherries because those that are available  are in some sort of syrupy liquid .

Edited by Ahnanimus

adiantum

7.5 with no idea where that came from. I over slept & still feel like a zombie

Gout really knows how to hurt.

I couldnt tolerate the pain the bedclothes caused my big toe .so I  made up a tent of pillows to keep them off my toe.

I hope it clears up soon Ahnanimus.

Hammer
6 hours ago, Ahnanimus said:

I  think it is, so I'm boosting my water intake and also  having a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water 3 times a day. I haven't tried the cherries because those that are available  are in some sort of syrupy liquid .

Ahnanimus, while I didn't use cherry juice for the one time I had a mild case of the gout, my brother frequently gets gout, and his doctor told him to drink lots of water and also to drink cherry juice.  The one time I had it, it started on a Friday.  I remember my brother telling me how he treated his gout, so I just forced myself to drink lots of water, and by Sunday night, the pain was barely noticeable, and by Monday, it was completely gone.

As for the cherry juice, I don't know what brands they have where you live, but as an example, here is just one that Amazon carries, and yes, it is a bit expensive, but it is 4 bottles.  Again, as with all fruits, it does contain carbs, but I'm not sure how many.  If you can't find cherry juice, then sticking with water might be your best option.

IrinaHarr

137 today.

After fridgid -4F degrees yesterday morning we have 35F today, snow turning to freezing rain to rain to snow again overnight. It is going to be a giant skating rink. YAY!! :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

IrinaHarr
15 hours ago, adiantum said:

Gout really knows how to hurt.

I couldnt tolerate the pain the bedclothes caused my big toe .so I  made up a tent of pillows to keep them off my toe.

I hope it clears up soon Ahnanimus.

My hubby has this condition, pills called allopurinol taken every day helped - after 6 month he does not have pain or flare ups any more. Last year he had no gout pain at all while in the past it was so bad he once had to crawl on his knees to upstairs bedroom. And it is generic medicine,  so its cheap.

Edited by IrinaHarr