Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT

My reading was 134 this morning.

DSC_5059_60_61_Enhancer-1-denoise-1.JPG

We had dinner at Max on the Pier in Wellfleet last night at sunset sitting out on the beach. They have picnic table where you can eat.

It was a great end for the weekend with friends

adiantum

After 12 years & 10 months of using the same finger tip,  the skin has toughened & wont allow the lancer to break skin.

I really dislike change!

Also, I will have to find a new dog park on Saturdays as I seem to make the drug dealers nervous. A young man without a lovely aura was standing beside his car & asked if I feed the birds every day...no other discussion. I was jovial in reply but I felt very uneasy about him. The other dealer I've chatted with once before seemed a nice person but this one was creepy.

It will make the birds forage for their own food & not depend on me.

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) today.  I've finally found a way to lose weight, and so far, I have lost 15 pounds, which for me, is unheard of.  My new method?....It's called starvation....well, almost starvation.  Now I just eat my three hard boiled eggs for breakfast.  If I get the munchies later on, I'll eat a slice of Swiss Cheese here and there, with an occasional small handful of cashews....no lunch or dinner.  The strange thing is that, if I get hungry, I'm not very hungry and a slice of Swiss Cheese will satisfy me.  So far, I don't feel tired or run down, like I did in the past when I ate very little food, so hopefully I won't eventually feel that way on this "diet".  Time will tell....

adiantum

6.8 with 86 days until christmas. 

I ususally have my salad vegetable garden ready by now but Ive disassembled  the raised garden bed.

Congrats on the weight loss Hammer.

IrinaHarr

125 this morning

@Hammer - its called Intermittent Fasting these days. I started January 3, 2020 and lots 42 lb to date. Over time I got into one full day fasting, then 2 days a week and now 3 days a week - got used to it, miss it when skip fasting day during holiday weekend... eat anything I want on all other days...

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 140

We got much needed rain overnight here in Connecticut  but it looks like that the Cape didn't get much rain. 

IrinaHarr

136 today. No rain here at all recently, a little mist we've got last week does not count. Farmers must be happy, no particular expense drying harvested corn 🌽