Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

meyery2k

94 today.  I am a bit envious of the cooler temperatures being observed as the northern hemisphere approaches winter.  Mornings here are high 60's/low 70's and afternoons get to the high 80's.  Since we are transitioning to the wet season, it is often humid with little wind so the heat index is often in the mid 90's.  Usually, by the end of October, a large cold front will sweep through and introduce cooler, and drier, air for a spell.  Oddly, late September and early October are the warmest months.  This is because the ocean is has warmed all summer and it lags behind the air by a month or so.  As the ocean cools, the overall temperature will trend downwards as well.

In spite of all the complaining, it was a beautiful day.  This photo well illustrates why people like to visit.  I liked the way the cirrus above the island was brushed back by the wind.  These clouds are sometimes referred to as "mare's tails" for this reason.  While they can be an indicator of bad weather coming, that is not the case here.

120560215_10213957105561422_4263636902819261040_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=Nfu1zQDnHLAAX-64ekA&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=6155a7ee98774995e7a7ceb657db7f38&oe=5FA27DDB

ran23

Awake for 45 minutes before testing --139, changed fingers-121.   (waiting on strips, getting low). 

adiantum

Yesterday was 90F/32C which had me checking windy.com watching for the cool Southerly to arrive, but it didnt arrive until 1am.

Waiting now for the groceries to be delivered which includes 4kg /9lbs ground beef for the birds.

They all seem to have chicks to feed & the insect population hasnt recovered from the  3 years of drought & fires.

ran23

112 today.  (so much for Walmart 2 day shipping, there email said Friday after ordering last Friday).

adiantum

I just played Van Halen even before coffee. I dont have the energy to relate to metal anymore.

It's such a pleasure to hear birds.

Ran, I was chatting to my parcel postman yesterday to remind him it was 80 days 'till xmas.

He said its been like xmas for the past 8 months since covid. One small village nearby had 90 parcels to be delivered yet theres only 9 streets in it. He had 250 parcels on his run. He's exhausted already.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 136.

For the last two days we had a drought busting rain! We had an amazing total of 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) of rain. For the next ten days there's no rain in the forecast. The is little hope that hurricane Delta will  bring rain most predictions bring it south of us. 

FunDad62

@adiantum - My best friend is a fleet manager at an Amazon distribution center and he said they are just getting busier and busier every month since covid.  I think he started a year ago with a dozen delivery vans and now he manages 40 every day.

IrinaHarr

147 today - very late night meal and early rise. People changed their behaviour since Covid, first it was need and now it is habits. I have not bought dog food in the store or went for face to face meeting for awhile. Tried Amazon pantry but with just two of us and fasting every other day I did not get the hang out of their stuff - donated most of the my first and only shipping (kept paper products); I guess many others like it all shipped. Last two years all xmas gifts come from Amazon, we order them with gift bags and they all get delivered to us or directly to in-laws they are intended for (our own gifts are easy to return, just one trip to the post office to ship them back for credit). Many used Zoom for the first time and liked it, many ordered food instead of shlepping to the restaurant and made it a habit. Covid 2020 quarantines will end but covid habits will still be there 📬

Ricros

99 this morning. 

I still go get groceries in the store from time to time just to get out and do something.  Always wearing the mask.  But it is a go in and find the stuff quick and then self check out.  Other than that I use the grocery pick up at the store.   Let the store gather it all and then put it in the car.  But, I have noticed an upswing in our Amazon and Walmart online shopping for other items.

Hammer

An 86 (4.78) today.  I went to an orthopaedic walk-in clinic Monday to have them check out my left elbow.  The x-rays showed what I thought was happening, so I have a consultation with an orthopaedic surgeon next Wednesday, then hopefully I can get my elbow fixed soon.

adiantum

Diana windy.com is a great site to keep an eye on the approaching rain, or lack there of.

The legend on the right offers  rain, clouds, wind etc images to the region you select.

https://www.windy.com/41.772/-70.507?41.303,-70.507,8

Online shopping seems to be the new norm but Ive noticed food prices have increased.

The ground beef I buy for the birds incresed by $1, the philly cheese by 70c & a sultana cake I like to keep on hand for guests went up $1.30.

The regular mail postie was begining to look like a tourist riding  his bike down the street without stopping, as snail  mail decreased signicantly.

The PO  has now reduced letter deliveries & has hired vans so he now deliveres small parcels, leaving the larger ones to the regular contract parcel guy.

There must be a greater demand on vans thanks to covid.