Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 139.

Storms to the left of me, storms to right of me, and stuck in the middle again. 

Yesterday they had severe weather warnings up for the state for a line of thunderstorms with 2 to 3 inches of rain and high winds moving through. Weather radar showed a line of purple, reds, and oranges coming down from the west. 

This could be some much needed rain to put a dent into the drought. 

The wind started picking up and gusts of 45 mph (72 kph)  reported in town and I could hear distant thunder, I turned on the local television station and as I watched all the bright colors on the radar turned to green. We ended up with a couple of tenths of rain.

The meteorologist explained that the line of thunderstorms sucked in cold air from the ocean choking off the warm moist air that the storms needed. In about 20 minutes the storms went from raging thunderstorms with hail and downpours to showers. Those 45 mph winds were the cool ocean air being sucked in from 25 miles (40 km) away. 

So it was another bust. The city from where we get our water just placed a water ban on.

adiantum

We are  supposed to have a wet Summer so I assume our water restrictions will be eased.

FunDad, the sultana cake is like a regular heavy  xmas or  fruit cake, but having just sultanas as the fruit.

Its too carby for us but ideal for keeping in the pantry for guests as it has a long shelf life.

I mustve been influenced by my aunt who always provided a feast for anyone that visited.* lovely memories * 

I only serve sultana cake or cheese & crackers.

4991100-th.jpg

Diana_CT

I'm up at my brother's condo in Maine for today and tomorrow, they live on the coastal town were the Bush's have their summer estate. Once in a while they see them in church or around town,  once when they were dinning out at a seafood restaurant the Bushes and the Clintons came in. 

popquiz.jpg

This is the Bush compound. When I stopped to take this photo I didn't notice the signs saying no stopping or taking photos and then I noticed a big SUV with two guys in it taking pictures of me.

Surprisingly the leaves hasn't changed that much here, most of the leaves are still green. There was more muted colors in Connecticut where the drought is than here in southern coastal Maine 

Ricros

116 this morning.

Took my son to hockey practice last night but the Zamboni was broken down on the ice.  Full of shaved ice.  These guys had to get it out and place it on the ice so it would melt then spread the water across the ice.

1631396056_BrokenZam.thumb.jpg.dfbc9efd6482d4df3364562ceb6ed6fc.jpg

adiantum

6.2 @ 4am

woken by the dog barking at possums crossing the roof. My heart should slow down soon.

3 great photos with interesting stories. That paper bark tree really impressed me.

I just checked the webcams at Michigan Tech..trees are starting to colour there.

The only decidious trees here are those planted in private gardens.

Diana_CT

134 this morning. 

I'm heading home after spending a couple of days up at my brother's and sister-in-law's condo in Maine. 

Yesterday I went walking with my brother on a old trolley path in one of the National Rachel Carson's Wildlife Refuge areas in Kennebunk. The main refuge is in Wells but they have been adding land to the refuge as land has donated.

adiantum

Thanks Diana for that link..I learnt a new word ..boreal

We dont have those forests here, ours are mostly schlerophyllous .

Knowing conifers grow above 40degN, thats how I describe the images . Now I'll be able to think..boreal .