Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

FunDad made a post about the recall but dg replied it was just the brand made in India.

If thats so, then India make up many brands.

This link gives batch descriptions of recalled met.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/search-list-recalled-metformin-products

This August update recomend continuing taking met until advised by doctor or pharmacist.

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-updates-and-press-announcements-ndma-metformin

I doubt theres a link to " guess what I forgot " :rofl:  but I wonder if it was to have been the best reading youve had in years.

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 129.

We actually are supposed to get a soaking rain today and tomorrow. It will not break the drought but it is supposed to put a dent in it. 

meyery2k

92 this morning.  Every year, my daughter and I have a contest to see whose mini pumpkin will last the longest.  On year, I had one make it into June.

Image may contain: text that says '5:41 Dad You can pickup your mini aகa 10%15.10 The contest begins Indeed. Mfavo the odds be in your May'

adiantum

The pumpkin competition sounds fun.

Many people here grow pumpkins if they have at least 1/4 acre block & childhood memories are of shed roofs  proudly storing a few pumpkins.

I've got 6 sitting on an iron lace table in the garden & had better get more in the freezer before I lose them. Theyre great in a summer salad with fetta & pine nuts. Ive found it expensive at xmas time & not always just ripe, so stock up early.

FunDad62

Love the pumpkin contest with your daughter.  I call that "making memories".

Loving these no-humidity mornings on my porch.

IrinaHarr

124 today, need to finish prepping new bed for the spring bulbs (just got notification they were shipped) 🥀

@adiantum - what do you need pupkin for christmas for? Bake it like a turkey with bread stuffing??

Edited by IrinaHarr

adiantum

I find christmas is too hot here to be baking pumpkins especially not having air con so salads are my way.

My pumpkin salad is of baked pumpkin mash,fetta cheese, toasted pinenuts & lemon juice.

I'll include avacado if its to share but I dont like avacado. 

Most leave the pumpkin in small pieces which looks nice, but I freeze it so it looks like mash

FunDad62

Last day of the work week for me.  Taking Thursday and Friday off.  Going to pick up mom tomorrow and bring her back here for a few days.

So....TGIW everyone!

IrinaHarr

136 today, had a tiny piece of halloween candy yesterday 👻

Digging flower beds is not something I like, after bulbs are planted I am gonna try creating "no dig" flower borders - put cardboard and newspapers down, top with compost and mulch. "No dig" guru from UK swears by it, that all will decompose and "earthworms will carry compost into lower layers of soil" etc. I might try smaller plants first year, if it does not work I can always spade the area later.

Edited by IrinaHarr