Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

adiantum

Yay the supermarket truck is here so the birds can be fed soon.I've had  Magpies poking their heads through the window already waiting to be fed.

Irina that will work, Ive done it many years ago. Ive also used shredded paper from the office but have to water it down so it doesnt blow away before I put the lawn mower clippings over it.

How lovely to see that turtle up close.

Ricros

I had a 149 this morning sort of weird.  And my last post I posted in someone else's thread.  it has been a weird week and a half for me.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 131

Well we are finally getting some much needed rain. Wednesday we received close to 2 inches of rain (5 cm) and today we are supposed to get about an inch but less on the Cape.

IrinaHarr

124 yesterday, 140 today. Wow 38F this morning, home garden can continue for couple more weeks. 

Hammer

An 86 (4.78) today.  It's going down to 36°F (2°C) tonight, which is my kind of weather.  I'm hoping that these cool nights will stop the grass from growing.  I also hope that it stays cool so that I can take the window air conditioners out of the windows, so that the cold outside air doesn't blow in.  I go in for an MRI of my left elbow on the 29th of this month, and the surgeon will get back to me to schedule the surgery for my elbow, which I would assume will be sometime in November.  That will give me time to remove the window air conditioners, as well as time to swap out my garden tractor's mowing deck for the snow blower attachment.  Once I have the surgery, I won't be able to do those things for at least 4-6 weeks, so I'm hoping to get them done before the surgery.

adiantum

Yay for Diana's  rain !!

Magpies chicks mustve hatched as their dads are becoming protective.

I've never been "swooped" nor believe those I treat swoop others,   but theres a few instances where people have had their eyes attacked.

Magpie.jpg

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 135

At 4 in the morning as I write this the rain has begun on the Cape. We were supposed to get over an inch starting this afternoon and ending late Saturday morning. But as the day progressed they pushed back the times and now it is only a couple of tenths.

But back in Connecticut we got over an inch.

We don't have any Magpies around here just aggressive seagulls who will steal anything that they think they can eat.

adiantum

6.2  which pleases me.

We also have seaguls & yes theyre aggressive. Theres one with an amputated foot & its the most aggressive bird of all. 

Last week there was a turf war between Magpies & Seaguls.. the Magpies won. Mother Maggie has chicks to feed & she's not allowing seaguls to rob them.

She flew at them with incredible speed , attacking in mid air. The seaguls retreated to the lake but not without being vocal about it. So the last few days Ive been able to feed magpies & butcherbirds without the seaguls. Theyre one of the softest things Ive handled. One was underwater caught up in abandoned fishing lines off the jetty. My son dived in & rescued it, while I was bitten the entire time it took to remove the line.

Diana_CT

@adiantum I once caught a seagull fishing.

I was fishing with minnows in the discharge canal at a power plant (the water doesn't freeze and the fish love the warm water) when I cast the line didn't land in the water but was going up.

Hun?

A seagull caught the minnow, the seagull put up a good fight as I reeled him in. I made a bargain with him, he could have the minnow if he gave back my line and hook.

After that I side casted, not overhand and covered the minnow pail, the seagulls were eyeing it and walking around trying to figure out how to at the minnows..

IrinaHarr

120 yesterdayz 124 today. Planted 140 bulbs yesterday, just in time for cold unpleasant rain and snow mix today