Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

meyery2k

Oh yeah, I am out of the "increased vigilance" period for my COVID exposure.  It really isn't too different for me because I try to do all the things they ask anyway but it is a mental relief.  I have surely been exposed or will be exposed but ignorance is less stressful lol...

adiantum

All my hopes are for you Irina.

Glad your out of your 'sus' time Mike & hope your infected neighbour is OK.

janice21475
On 10/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, IrinaHarr said:

young puppy has already dug a big hole in my new bulbs bed... ouch!!

Some day you will be able to look at 'grown' pup and forgive him. It certainly was done in a fit of joy, not spite. The plants will spread and fill in the hole. Sending a hug for both of you.

adiantum

Its seems the dogs park provides me also with interesting events.

A Magpie couldnt wait for me to get out of the car with food, so it took it from my hand... what a hard beak it has.

Their two new chicks are out of the nest & learning which car delivers their food.

saw an object that was out of place under the trees.. a crack pipe!!

Ive not seen one before & was impressed with such an ornate yet delicate glass object.

One could be tempted to put it on display on the nik nak shelf, but its in the bin.

Congrats Ricos on the negative result.

crack-pipes1200-1280x720.jpg

Edited by adiantum

IrinaHarr
9 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Some day you will be able to look at 'grown' pup and forgive him. It certainly was done in a fit of joy, not spite. The plants will spread and fill in the hole. Sending a hug for both of you.

Thank you, Janice! I confined the puppy so that I myself could calm down, I knew she was just having great time and it was not personal but for about 40 min it felt personal and my face was hot. When I came back inside pup was still sweet and innocent and licked my face a lot :)

Edited by IrinaHarr

IrinaHarr

124 today, still no results on my thyroid; doctor's nurse returned my call and said ultrasound results will be sent to them on Friday (today) or even Monday and my physician will call me when he had a chance to review that. Meanwhile I am "self de-medicating" based on reading all Trulicity warnings on CVS paperwork, it says "warning" and then a whole paragraph about thyroid tumors and even cancers, etc. Anyway, I am tightening my low carb diet and after thinking about this situation decided NOT to inject next dose of Trulicity (Thursday was my injection day). I think after losing so much weight and fasting 3 days a week I can control my BG levels with diet and metformin, maintain a1c around 6.0 or better. Nothing like a health scare to motivate one's better behaviour and better eating discipline :) 🥦 🥚 🍆 🧀

janice21475
4 hours ago, IrinaHarr said:

124 today, still no results on my thyroid; doctor's nurse returned my call and said ultrasound results will be sent to them on Friday (today) or even Monday and my physician will call me when he had a chance to review that. Meanwhile I am "self de-medicating" based on reading all Trulicity warnings on CVS paperwork, it says "warning" and then a whole paragraph about thyroid tumors and even cancers, etc. Anyway, I am tightening my low carb diet and after thinking about this situation decided NOT to inject next dose of Trulicity (Thursday was my injection day). I think after losing so much weight and fasting 3 days a week I can control my BG levels with diet and metformin, maintain a1c around 6.0 or better. Nothing like a health scare to motivate one's better behaviour and better eating discipline :) 🥦 🥚 🍆 🧀

I am very proud of your choices. I believe the less pharmaceuticals I ingest the simpler it will be for my body to handle. Of course, I just recently learned the antihistamine/allergy tablet I have been using for the last 40+ years works contrary to the blood pressure med I am taking. One almost needs a college degree to get through a normal day. Hope you have a nice day.  Here is a ((hug)) to use as you wish.

meyery2k

93 this morning.  Summer is stubbornly hanging on.  Was 90 yesterday.  With the humidity, the heat index was 95.

adiantum

Heavy rain  is approaching so theres no park visit for us. 

Ive been wondering why others dont see park litter like the crack pipe & tiny bags of white stuff.

I'm convinced its because I do so many jigsaws that I see shapes & colours that dont fit into that section.

IrinaHarr

119 today, doctor called and I am in the clear - a nodule in my thyroid area is not a tumor! :thrasher:

I celebrated with a long dog walk and shopping for steam-in-a-bag vegetables in the frozen isle. It was a light frost last night and snow in the forecast on Sunday night, I am going to my friend's place today to plant some tulip bulbs for her (the timing is perfect). Snow coming record early apparently, gotta make some hearty cock-a-leekie soup 🌦️

FunDad62

Three days of rain.  Looking forward to a sunny day today hopefully.  One of my sisters and her friend are visiting mom and they're all going to drive the hour here and spend the day with me and my youngest daughter.

meyery2k

93.  Some interesting cloud photos from yesterday.

The first photo, I can't explain what caught my attention, it was just interesting to me.

122272152_10214043043309812_6036215656524528224_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=NYa3B654AFQAX8ZGkqk&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=4cf7449038b89527395df9c8642652db&oe=5FB70108

122807825_10214044871395513_8247752064038531595_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=CLkc3dl6fa4AX8Cbkd9&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=0ead19942cb08bf8793349bf0a626fb3&oe=5FB96CD1