Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

IrinaHarr

146 today, had midnight snack. Friday night was cold enough to kill most annuals, I was cleaning up flower beds, now  have a pile of debri to bag - zinnias and marigolds were quite large plants. Still have to cover shrub roses, despite the plant label saying "hardy in zone 5" they do need some cover.   It feels like saying good bye to all growing things till April.

FunDad62

Fun day yesterday.  Went to lunch with mom, my sister and her friend.  Nice restaurant on the water.  Strolled around town and hit a few shops.  Then went and sat on the beach for a couple of hours before they headed home.

meyery2k

96 today.  The weather was quite variable as these 2 photos taken 30 minutes apart would show.  Still managed a little over 100km as the weather was more good than bad.  The squalls appeared more threatening than they were.

122723410_10214048837054652_4652517436089953097_o.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=G6G2PrrVk18AX-vkiJa&_nc_oc=AQnAEzAS2EAG6DzUUohG6qJUe3CKb_KL4qVUizea2WGBu4RNy8eI4BWzF0PSDaIG2vM&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=d98d347d9ede570b7f3a4098554eb594&oe=5FB95702

122500179_10214048839774720_5158305239620178365_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=rbEtG3nytD4AX8exiTt&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=5886b802351045d91ca1a23c1092cb64&oe=5FB9B5DF

adiantum

6.7  Winter has returned.

I had to unpack a blanket last night. Today the wind is howling , heavy rain & 15C / 59F.

Irina, my heart cries for your loss of flowers..losing Zinnias was the worst..I Love those flowers & often do Zinnia jigsaws.

ran23

Not sure where to post this,  How long is the ReliOn Prime good for?  It was acting up and I replaced the 2032 battery.  Or I may just get a new one. 

Diana_CT

I forgot to bring my meter with me to the Cape this weekend.

I had a broken water pipe while I was there and I came back early since the plumber couldn't come out until today. And I just thought as I was writing this that I should have have turned off the hot water heater since the water might have drained out of it, the heating elements might burn out. 

Another thing I just thought of, my electric bill is probably going to be sky high with the water pump running continuously for a couple of days. 

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

126 today, we have 4 inch fluffy snow this morning. Our new puppy was ecstatic - she discovered fluffy fun stuff to zoom around in circles till her paws got really cold and she wanted momma to hold her on my lap to warm up and get little snowballs off her fur :) 

janice21475
37 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

Our new puppy was ecstatic - she discovered fluffy fun stuff to zoom around in circles till her paws got really cold and she wanted momma to hold her on my lap to warm up and get little snowballs off her fur :) 

Very glad you got this puppy, she certainly needed you. I do not remember her name. 😧 Thanks for sharing such a sweet moment.

Ricros

125 this morning.  Woke up to 36 deg F in Oklahoma in October.  It is never this cold here at this time of year.  Supposed to have snow and Ice west. 

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  Ran, there is no set time that a meter will last.  Each meter will vary.  I've never had a meter go bad, but when my mail order pharmacy stopped carrying my meter's brand of test strips, I had to get a newer meter (I actually got two different ones) and I found that my old meter was reading low.

adiantum

Just read the good news & the bad news.That  Cairn puppy even had me laughing at her  antics .

Ouch Diana... hindsight ..

Ive just recovered from my water bills. One was $500 & I thought I mustve left a tap running. 

The next was $700 & I remembered letting the washing machine overflow a few times.

Then 3 months later when the next bill hit $970.. I called a plumber.

The last bill was $300 pheww.

Hammer

Lee, what did the plumber do to correct the water problem that you had that resulted in those high water bills?  I don't have a water bill, since I have a well.  I only pay for the electricity that the pump uses to pump the water into my house.  The downside to having a well is that, if I lose power, I have no water, and that can be a serious problem.

Edited by Hammer

ran23

Sometimes when I put in a strip, I didn't see that it powered down.  after a new battery, it is better.  Old batt was down to 3.025, not really bad.  these are new strips.   thanks, I will keep testing.  

Edited by ran23
additions

adiantum

Ran , I sometimes have to re present that strip assuming it was a bad connection to have failed.

Its always connected the second time.

Hammer, the plumber  re-directed  the  pipes away from the leak. Its just a tempory measure as most of the pipes need replacing.

I still intend selling here so  a temp job suits me fine.

Ive not heard of anyone here having a well. This country is a harsh climate with only the Murray & Darling Rivers that provide fresh water.

Golf clubs etc often connect to bore water as do many houses   in outback . Its not good drinking water &  it stains walls etc brown.

Wasting town water with rusted pipes is certainly frowned upon. 

IrinaHarr

129 this morning (went to bed with 101). Couple more chilly days, then warmer with 59F for Halloween. I am bagging candy in sandwich bags to make sure we give it all away, last year we had about 35 trick-o-treaters and I am counting on the same number (although covid cases are on the rise and parents might decide against going door to door; cannot be worse than at school though can it?) Anyway, if we still have ton of candy left I hope library will accept our leftovers 🍬 

IrinaHarr
13 hours ago, ran23 said:

Sometimes when I put in a strip, I didn't see that it powered down.  after a new battery, it is better.  Old batt was down to 3.025, not really bad.  these are new strips.   thanks, I will keep testing.  

My meter is just blinking little sign when battery is low, I used to test with last one in the box and then with one from the new box to know the difference between batches of stips. My meter is 15 years old and pharmacy does not sell strips any more (I am buying from Amazon). Did not like ReliOn much, it was less accurate than my old one, which also has +- deviation but I learned that it is just to keep an eye on approx BG. How it is acting - up, down, too high, too low etc. It is quite helpful at the moment while I am changing to much lower carbohydrate consumption and dropped one of my expensive meds. Gives me peace of mind knowing BG before meals being better than before.