Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

2020 Morning FBG readings

FunDad62

Still reaching temps in the 80's here.

@adiantum - A dozen years ago I owned an investment home that no one was living in at the time.  The city called me one day and said they just wanted to let me know the water bill for that house was over $1,000 and they thought I must have a slab leak or something.  I went and checked and saw no sign of water anywhere.  They insisted I would have to pay the bill but the next day recanted and said the device the meter reader uses to read the meters wirelessly was not calibrated right and gave a false reading.  I was very relieved.

Diana_CT

That broken pipe at the cottage turned out to be more than just a pipe. It was the water line coming into the cottage from the pump, so now I am looking for a contractor who can replace the waterline on an emergency basis.

meyery2k

100 today.  In our county the Department of Water Supply will allow for a leak adjustment if you show there was a leak and it was repaired.  We are allowed one every 3 years.  That might be something to ask about since you would have a copy of a work order for the plumber.

Yesterday was raining so I was fooling around with the macro settings.  I need to work on focus but I liked how the framing turned out.

The anthuriums were put into a larger pot over the weekend.  Hopefully, they will make it.

123064044_10214058221569259_5521251200062504861_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=D66vu02xuisAX-fsWIy&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=221a33341e158feb7972f462db5ad4e5&oe=5FBCB0DA

122919153_10214058224049321_1970726277551357545_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=18fudYnC0acAX8Y6F4t&_nc_ht=scontent.fhnl3-1.fna&oh=3f7472b906ac3534da960b85fbda6636&oe=5FBE5CEC

adiantum

The plumber said I could get a refund  of his service but after looking it up online it wasnt worth claiming. 

If I got him to do a complete replacement I wouldve claimed. Its also  a one off so I'd rather leave it for now.

Just saw a large vehicle with flashing lights stop out the front, so had to go & investigate. Its still dark at 5am  so those lights lit the street up.

There was a man checking all the garbage bins out on the footpath for collection. I couldnt see which bin he was checking..recycled or green waste.

Ive never seen that before. My green waste bin is chockers thanks to the storm damage on my trees.

Beautiful pics Mike.

Ricros

168 this morning.   I woke up at 2 am and it spiked up to 200 then.  I was at 120 at bedtime.  It went back down and when my alarm went off it went back to my fasting number.

Still cold in Oklahoma 36 F here and still raining we had ice on the car this morning.  Warming up tomorrow it supposed to be in the mid 40's.

adiantum

A drive down the street at 9am & noticed a couple of recycle bins are wearing a fluro sticker reading " Contaminated Waste"  & a roll of literature tied to the handle.

6 of the 10 million $ apartments are wearing the same sticker.

Those residents wont do that again!!

I blame covid-19 for making this my news of the week.. garbage made my day. Theres not much fun in isolation.

Reminds me of when people used to dress up in formal wear to put the bins out.. it was their only outing of the week, so made a big deal of it.

7 hours ago, adiantum said:

Just saw a large vehicle with flashing lights stop out the front, so had to go & investigate. Its still dark at 5am  so those lights lit the street up.

There was a man checking all the garbage bins out on the footpath for collection. I couldnt see which bin he was checking..recycled or green waste.

Ive never seen that before. My green waste bin is chockers thanks to the storm damage on my trees

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

Rough night.  Didn't sleep well.  Woke up feeling my glucose was really low but didn't check and just ate five glucose tablets.  Woke up an hour or so later and still felt low and checked this time and was 69 (after all those tablets).  Drank some juice and was 89 when the alarm went off.

IrinaHarr

136 today. As the snow melted I was noticing little white objects on the lawn - the puppy did get 3 tulip bulbs out right before snowfall, I noticed dirt and covered up the hole but did not realize she got that deep. My fault, I forgot to put "repellant" on top of mulch - when I pick my yard I put couple pieces with pooper scooper on top of new beds and she avoids that area. Nothing else works, not lemon peel, not any other repellants and she seems to be attracted to find out what this new smell is...

meyery2k

92 today.  Fooling around some more with manual shooting in macro.  Getting better with practice...

Image may contain: cat

adiantum

7.4.. that'd be the two Minties I had last night.

"It's momemts like these you need Minties"

My dogs have never been diggers although the Doberwoman loved to dig in the sand at the beach.

Snow already... wow

IrinaHarr

133 today. Our snow usually begins a month later, Sunday snow was record early courtesy of cold front from Canada. It all melted, temp was 58F and very nice outside yesterday; I was cutting down frozen annuals from the rest of the garden. Found two more tulip bulbs, they roll when thrown in the air and I am sure puppy found it extra amusing especially so because she procured them herself :)

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr -  And we've had record high temps here for a week.  Supposed to be 88 today but finally cool off tonight and tomorrow's high is only 73.  My a/c has been running a lot.

Ricros

149 this morning lower but not great, then jumped up again.  Guess I need to go to the doctor. 

It has been raining since Sunday cold and wet dark need sunlight soon.  Not just rain but cold rain.   At least it will be around 50 today.

adiantum

I had a day out yesterday.. to the post office to collect a parcel. I was impressed with the disclipine practiced throughout to prevent covid-19.

A sign on the door stipulating no more then 8 customers in the store at one time.

The floor was marked in 2m distances  for customers to wait on  when in line for the counter.

As I had to sign receipt of the parcel, the clerk withheld the parcel until I sanitized my hands before touching the pen.

I then braved it by going to an op-shop to make donations ...& bought heaps of christmas decorations .

Oh I do miss @Ahnanimus ... I'd tell her of the 12 huge gold baubles that resembled those on trees in shopping plazas.

Theyre still in the car  until I can find a place for them.

Hammer

An 87 (4.83) today.  I went to have an MRI of my elbow this evening, and as is typical for me, I woke up today with my elbow in pain.  It's been fine all week, but today, it was in pain, meaning that I had limited mobility with it.  When they tried to place my elbow in a brace on the MRI table, the brace was trying to stretch my arm in positions that it wouldn't go without extreme pain.  I finally asked if I could hold my arm up over my head, and they said that was what they were going to try next, so they got a different type of brace, and strapped my arm in that, and that was okay.  I do wonder though...they place headphones on your ears so that they can communicate with you while you're in the MRI machine.  They ask you what type of music you prefer to listen to while in the MRI machine.  I told her 1960's music, so that's what they piped in (they have Sirius XM satellite radio, so they can get any type of music that you want).  The thing is, the MRI makes so much noise, that you can't hear the music, so I wondered why they bother to play music at all?  For example, if they were playing, "Somewhere Over The Rainbow", you'd hear, "Some where___"...BANG!...BANG!....BANG!..."rainbow"....BANG!....BANG!....BANG! "___land that I___"BANG!....BANG!....BANG!..."in a lullaby___"....BANG!....BANG!....BANG!😃

Oh, and just to add, when I got home, I had some bags of groceries to unload, and after unloading them, my arm is fine again...no pain.  Murphy's Law strikes me again...

Diana_CT

I bought a ripe cantaloupe yesterday and I knew that probably wasn't a good idea, but I finished it off this morning so my FBG should drop tomorrow. 

We are getting our first snow of the season today. Up in the Berkshire hills they are supposed to get 3 to 4 inches, here where I live in central Connecticut we're supposed to get less than an inch. 

FunDad62

Wow!  It was 90 degrees yesterday and this morning it's 55!  Talk about weather shock!  I'm chilly sitting out here on my porch this morning in a flannel shirt!  I love it!