Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lgvincent

I began taking insulin 52 years ago today.

lgvincent

After leaving the hospital after diagnosis, the vial of insulin I can home with had a date of February 29, 1958 so I believe that was the first day I began taking insulin.  I do remember being in the hospital for several days before I started taking insulin and I went in on February 26 so I believe the 29th is probably when I did take my first injection.  I remember I couldn't eat before I began taking insulin but once that started I couldn't get enough to eat.  

lgvincent

I did overhear some doctors discussing my case one day before coming into my room and one of them said I'd probably live about 20 years so I never expected to live over the age of 30.  As much as I've screwed my life up, I don't think I would mind having died at that age.  

lgvincent
On 3/1/2020 at 10:59 PM, adiantum said:

I hope the next 20 years are kind to you  & make up for the past.

I thank you for your kindness.  I'd be satisfied if I could just find a job that will pay enough to allow me to support myself but at the age of 62 I seriously doubt that's going to happen.  Sadly at this point, about the only thing that stop this never ending depression of mine is my own death.  

adiantum

Lets work on a way to lift that depression . Spring is just around the corner so those dreary winter days are almost over.

Concentrate on the simple things that give you pleasure, even try sharing them with us if you like.

Getting a job when past 50yrs just sucks. Do you have a particular skill or interest that you could make a few $'s doing casually?

When  I was going through difficult times I did gardening .

A friend took up walking dogs & then she did daily dog care which became a good industry to get into.

Her husband started washing windows. They advertised on stores notice boards.

Others might have better ideas.

stay with us...we make damned good friends.

Lee

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.