Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Hammer

Coronavirus

ran23

Trader Joe's this morning was limiting to 30 inside.  Wipes on the cart handles.  Offering gloves.   In the wine section, a man was filling a case with assorted wines.  I asked 'is this your stay at home kit?'  we laughed so hard. 

Liposomal Vit-C is one step down from Intravenous.  Goes pass the blood barrier.    Up to 4000 mg now.    

Hammer

Here's a wild conspiracy theory about the coronavirus.  Is it possible that China purposely developed the coronavirus, infected it's people with it, knowing that it would spread around the globe?  Why would China do this?  Well, the Chinese economy was dropping drastically, and the American economy was booming.  If China could cause the American economy to suffer, then China's economy might be able to regain a foothold, and pull itself back up to where it once was.  Seeing that the economy here in the US is now suffering...businesses are closed for an indeterminate amount of time, people are out of work for that same period of time, so that equates into high unemployment, huge drops in the stock market, and all of the other indications of a recession.

While this might sound implausible, remember, we are talking about China here....a country that doesn't care about it's citizens like non-communist countries do.  Heck, China tried to hide the coronavirus when it first appeared, denying that it even existed.  If it wasn't for one doctor, who sent a sample of the virus to a doctor in Shanghai to analyze (the doctor who sent the sample mysteriously died...gee, I wonder how THAT happened?), the world wouldn't have known about the virus for many months.  By then, it would have reached epidemic proportions.

Just look at the economic impact that this virus is having on the world.  Do you think this might have been a planned epidemic for the sake of improving one country's economy?  Maybe and maybe not, but it is a possibility worth considering.

ran23

Well let's add this into the mix.    Months ago the 3 big telecom Chinese companies started installing everything in a test city---Wuhan, and fired up 5G service.   Soon after, the virus.   

meyery2k

Much of the genetic evidence would seem to point to a zoonotic source (pangolins).  I love a good conspiracy theory as much as anyone but I am, for now, siding with the natural cause theory.

To play theories, Japan, Russia, India, and many other countries could also gain much from starting an epidemic in China.  Let the 2 "giants" go down and then pick up the pieces.

adiantum

Come on guys.. this is not the place to deliver your racism on  a paranoia platter .

This is our  fellow humans dying & by the looks of the  stats  there will be many more on that sad journey.

Last week there was 50%  recovered & thats slipped to just 30%

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

buddy7

I take nothing away from your post-Hammer, if one may say so a brilliant implausible conspiracy theory, ranks with paranoia. (Sorry). I’ve somewhat detained my thoughts to the human factor, as per ‘Lee’s post’

adiantum    Posted 3 hours ago

Come on guys.. this is not the place to deliver your racism on  a paranoia platter .

This is our  fellow humans dying & by the looks of the  stats  there will be many more on that sad journey.

dowling gram
10 hours ago, Hammer said:

Here's a wild conspiracy theory about the coronavirus.  Is it possible that China purposely developed the coronavirus, infected it's people with it, knowing that it would spread around the globe?  Why would China do this?  Well, the Chinese economy was dropping drastically, and the American economy was booming.  If China could cause the American economy to suffer, then China's economy might be able to regain a foothold, and pull itself back up to where it once was.  Seeing that the economy here in the US is now suffering...businesses are closed for an indeterminate amount of time, people are out of work for that same period of time, so that equates into high unemployment, huge drops in the stock market, and all of the other indications of a recession.

While this might sound implausible, remember, we are talking about China here....a country that doesn't care about it's citizens like non-communist countries do.  Heck, China tried to hide the coronavirus when it first appeared, denying that it even existed.  If it wasn't for one doctor, who sent a sample of the virus to a doctor in Shanghai to analyze (the doctor who sent the sample mysteriously died...gee, I wonder how THAT happened?), the world wouldn't have known about the virus for many months.  By then, it would have reached epidemic proportions.

Just look at the economic impact that this virus is having on the world.  Do you think this might have been a planned epidemic for the sake of improving one country's economy?  Maybe and maybe not, but it is a possibility worth considering.

That is Trump's theory and no one else's. He's very good at the blame game.  China's economy was doing just fine. They export to lots of countries besides the USA so Trump's effort to discredit them holds no weight with the rest of the world.

If China wanted to infect the USA they could find a better way than shutting down their own economy. To give them credit they did everything in their power to contain this virus including shutting down cities and factories and ordering people and whole cities to stay in their homes so they wouldn't be infected.

The insidious thing about this virus is that some people, especially the young, get it so lightly that they don't know they have it and they can infect others who are not so lucky. That is why it is so important to isolate yourself. Many young people especially don't get this message. Think of the guilt if you know that you are responsible for the death of your parents or grandparents.

Edited by dowling gram

TX_Clint
6 hours ago, dowling gram said:

That is Trump's theory and no one else's. He's very good at the blame game.  China's economy was doing just fine. They export to lots of countries besides the USA so Trump's effort to discredit them holds no weight with the rest of the world.

If China wanted to infect the USA they could find a better way than shutting down their own economy. To give them credit they did everything in their power to contain this virus including shutting down cities and factories and ordering people and whole cities to stay in their homes so they wouldn't be infected.

The insidious thing about this virus is that some people, especially the young, get it so lightly that they don't know they have it and they can infect others who are not so lucky. That is why it is so important to isolate yourself. Many young people especially don't get this message. Think of the guilt if you know that you are responsible for the death of your parents or grandparents.

Your TDS is showing DG. Trump just called it the Chinese Virus because it originated in China and the press blew it all out of proportion. It is possible however that Chinese from Wuhan are responsible for the severity of the outbreak in Italy. It seems China had a development agreement with Italy and were doing a large construction project in Lombardy Italy where their outbreak seems to have begun. A large number of the workers were from Wuhan and were traveling to and from. I'm certainly not thinking it was deliberate but that would explain why Italy was hit so soon and so hard with the virus.

dowling gram
6 hours ago, TX_Clint said:

Your TDS is showing DG. Trump just called it the Chinese Virus because it originated in China and the press blew it all out of proportion. It is possible however that Chinese from Wuhan are responsible for the severity of the outbreak in Italy. It seems China had a development agreement with Italy and were doing a large construction project in Lombardy Italy where their outbreak seems to have begun. A large number of the workers were from Wuhan and were traveling to and from. I'm certainly not thinking it was deliberate but that would explain why Italy was hit so soon and so hard with the virus.

I only know what is reported in the news and I'm not a US citizen. I don't know what TDS is but I assure you I have no bias, I just can't see blaming a country that tried so hard to contain this virus.

You could be right about Italy but if that was the case it was probably done unknowingly. Some people only get a light case of the virus and some show no symptoms but they are carriers and can pass it on to others. That's why it is so important to stay away from other people.

don1942

The Administration believes the Chinese Government tried to cover up the initial outbreak to avoid economic distress so the Administration feels China’s delay resulted in an unwarranted spread of the virus that could have been avoided. By calling it the “Chinese “ virus, the Administration is showing their contempt for the Chinese action.

it is also interesting that the family of the Chinese doctor who originally leaked out information on the original outbreak is reporting that he has disappeared and can not be located.

dowling gram
18 minutes ago, don1942 said:

The Administration believes the Chinese Government tried to cover up the initial outbreak to avoid economic distress so the Administration feels China’s delay resulted in an unwarranted spread of the virus that could have been avoided. By calling it the “Chinese “ virus, the Administration is showing their contempt for the Chinese action.

it is also interesting that the family of the Chinese doctor who originally leaked out information on the original outbreak is reporting that he has disappeared and can not be located.

The fact that china covered up the initial outbreak is well known by the death of the doctor who first sounded the alarm. His death was reported  a while back if you can believe the news thatt comes out of China. China being a dictatorship did try to suppress the info and consequently paid the price. However the rest of the world had since January to prepare for what was sure to come. They were warned by doctors that it would spread. Many countries ignored this advice. It just goes to show that politicians are not the best judge of a medical crisis. Most countries are scrambling for medical equipment.

TX_Clint
32 minutes ago, don1942 said:

By calling it the “Chinese “ virus, the Administration is showing their contempt for the Chinese action.

No as I said they called it the Chinese virus because it originated in China. No different than many other past virus's.

Dr. Li Wenliang died of the virus. Get informed. https://www.dw.com/en/china-doctor-who-raised-alarm-on-coronavirus-dies-of-disease/a-52284685 But yes he was accused of spreading "illegal and false information" about the virus.

39 minutes ago, don1942 said:

Administration feels China’s delay resulted in an unwarranted spread of the virus that could have been avoided

That is partly why the Administration feels there is evidence China delayed action.

Diana_CT

We knew that there would be a pandemic coming but we didn't now when.

Here is a 2015 TED talk by Bill Gates about pandemics...

Diana_CT

So are you bored?

Watch the exciting world of marble racing!

Excitement pack racing!

Will White Widow take the lead?

ran23

Head cold last night (or the high tree pollen) shared by the wife and I.   Never have I paid attention to the symptoms all night.  Zinc, essentials oils and 1/2 bottle of Merlot.   Feeling good this morning.  

adiantum

Alcohol is the new toilet paper crisis and there's not a cake of soap to be found in any store.

adiantum

Perhaps theyve been flushing baby wipes or hand towels  & that blocked their toilets & now Kitty has been told to move over?

Ive not been in a store for a few years but it seems I'll have to soon.

The major supermarkets have just been approved to trade 24/7  so that will stop the stampede & allow the shelves to be stocked.

Trucks are now allowed  extended hours to deliver supplies.

Diana_CT

Where I live in a suburb in the center of Connecticut it is not too bad, but the cities are getting hammered. We went from less than a half a dozen two weeks ago to 875 cases and many of the hospitals’ ICU are full and the National Guard have been putting up mobile field hospitals at the impacted hospitals. So far there have been 19 deaths.

Most of the cases are in Fairfield county and many of those cases can be traced back to a fortieth birthday party in Westport that had 40 guest and one of them was from South Africa who came down with COVID-19 on the flight back home.

Connecticut party of 50 guests became coronavirus 'super-spreading event,' report says

Looking at a map the virus seems to be concentrated in metropolitan areas, in the rural areas it seems like the virus doesn’t have enough of a population to let the virus spread. But in the cities it is spreading easily and one problem that western Connecticut is having is people fleeing New York City to their summer homes in Connecticut and bring the virus with them.

I’ve been hunkering down, just going out to the grocery store or to the post office (the bills have to be paid). My meeting have either been canceled or changed to a conference call. 

Edited by Diana_CT
grammer

Diana_CT

New York City has reported more than 17,800 COVID-19 cases and nearly 280 deaths since its first case was confirmed on March 1.

In Louisiana the virus has another foot hold with 1,795 have been infected and at least 65 had died and they believe Mardi Gras helped spread the virus.

Hammer

Maybe someone who knows about things like this but, seeing that the food stores are sold out of paper products, like toilet paper and paper towels, why haven't the manufacturers of these products increased production of these products....like maybe working around the clock to produce more?  Don't they want to make money?  The makers of masks have increased their production of masks, so why not the paper products manufacturers?