Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Hammer

Coronavirus

Hammer

Dowling, I didn't see the reference to the Queen Of Peace Media, but regardless of who that is, the video shows doctors and researchers, discussing exactly  what the vaccine does.  The fact that the link was to Rumble, showing the Queen of Peace Media is irrelevant, as the doctors and researchers have nothing to do with religion, they are stating facts as to what these vaccine do.

To everyone, if you would just watch the video, then give your thoughts on it, it would be much appreciated, as I am interested in what you guys have to say about what's in the video, not by who the video is brought to you by.

adiantum

But it's that video which you presented.

Hammer Ive often wondered why you search for unreliable content in youtube but youve really scraped the bottom of the barrel in looking towards that church for conspiracy theories.
What type of human would rather die of a horrible virus & take others with her , then suffer 2 weeks with bells palsy. 
Thats not just vanity, it's a serious mental health issue.

I tried to watch your video but its beyond crap, it's a sewerage outburst. 

There is, and always will be snake oil salesmen. It would be beneficial to do a check on the source from where you get your ideas from.

Not just with antivaccers  the source but the date of publication as many early  theories are  found to be inaccurate .

We here had a high profile chef that tried a get rich scheme by selling a $15,000 light that would kill the virus.
Remember the American that recommended injecting disinfectant to kill the virus.
We have an anti vaccer   politician using a former employee of a university as  the authority on the subject.
That aged  retiree hasnt worked in about 30 years & has no affiliation with the uni. 
Fortunately  there are smart people that quickly dispute their theories .
 This is why I recommend you check the sources from which you get  these details & follow up on the later  reports.

We are lucky to have access to information across the www, yet its astounding that others  want to live cocooned in lies 

Iies are not acceptable . They can  cause mischief, sadness,ill health & even death. In any community we expect those that are telling lies to be called out on, so  its just that in the www media.

Hammer

Well Lee, I guess we will find out 5-10 years from now if what that video said was lies.  I hope that the video was lies, because if it wasn't, then we will be seeing many people die or suffer from the side effects of the vaccine.  I want to hear all sides of the issue, not just the lies that the mainstream news media throws at us, since they are in bed with the elite, which includes the pharmaceutical companies.  When the mainstream news media refuses to tell us about the other side of an issue, then I can't believe anything that they say.

Again, to anyone that gets this vaccine, I wish them all the best, but if it turns out that you die from it, or get serious complications from it, well, it was YOUR decision to get an untested vaccine, that the pharmaceutical companies are telling you is safe, since they can't be sued if the vaccine hurts you (remember, they are in this to make money, and lots of it.).  I won't get the vaccine, because I don't think that I will get the virus, so I'll take my chances of avoiding getting the virus, as opposed to having some foreign substance, deliberately injected into my body, when it hasn't been tested enough.  In some people, this vaccine can alter your DNA permanently!  What are the side effects of that?  No thanks, I'll take my chances of avoiding getting the virus, as opposed to getting the vaccine.

Oh, and Lee, I didn't search out this video, a good friend of mine who is a first responder, sent this link to me.  She won't take the vaccine, and one of  the largest medical institutions in this country, the UPMC, also doesn't require their employees to take the vaccine, since they said that it hasn't been tested enough to make sure that it is safe, so why would I want to take it?  If the doctors and medical staff at a large medical institution here in the states doesn't think that their staff should take the vaccine, doesn't that tell you something?  It sure tells me something...don't take the vaccine.

adiantum

No worries Hammer & lets hope we are still  virus free in those 5 to 10 years.

I intend not to discuss  the pros & cons of vaccine  any further so to make others feel confident in posting their views without my opinion.

Dowling
On 2/12/2021 at 7:32 PM, Hammer said:

Maybe everyone should watch this video.  There are four parts to the video, but I figured that most people wouldn't want to watch that many videos, so here is just the first one.....and those of you who want to get the vaccine?...well, good luck...

OK Hammer I did go back and watch the video.

The interviewer was and is an antivaxer. He's against any vaccine not just the Covid Vaccine.

The doctor he was interviewing (Dr. Sucharit Bhakdi) was one who has repeatedly been censored for his false info. None of the other doctors had any credibility either.

Much of the beginning when they were talking with Bill Gates was just before the vaccines were approved and there was very little data. I have listened to many people on TV say their only side effect was a little sore arm that was gone in a day or 2.

They say you can die from the vaccine--In the tens of millions of people who have gotten the vaccine no one has died from getting the vaccine. They also said Vaccines don't block the Virus. Of course they don't, they make you immune to the virus but it can still be spread among those not vaccinated, Yes a handful of people have had side effects like allergy reactions . A few more got bells palsy but it is not conclusive that it was the vaccine that caused it or if it was a coincidence. My neighbour's niece had Bell's Palsy. She simply woke up one morning with it. No advance warning or any reason she should have got it. It did resolve itself in a few weeks and she was back to normal.

They discredited Moderna saying they had never developed a vaccine before. That may be true but they did not go it alone. The technology that both Moderna and Pfizer used was developed in Canada by a company called Acuitas Biotech in 1995 and that is when many companies began to work on coronavirus Vaccines. Not necessarily Covid but there had been coronaviruses before and they knew it was just a matter of time before it reared it's ugly head.

As for the danger of taking a vaccine--well it's much more dangerous not to take it. It's well documented by those who have had the virus and recovered that there are serious side effects after their bout with the virus

What about AstraZenica and Johnson and Johnson. Their vaccine is developed the way vaccines used to be. Vaccines like measels or polio and no Gene therapy. Are they supposed to be dangerous too.

All in all I write off your link as a bunch of hogwash put out by people who have no credibility what so ever.

I won't take up anymore of anyone's time on this subject.

Hammer if you are looking for an excuse not to take the vaccine don't look here. I do hope you'll get the vaccine but you have the right to refuse. I just hope that you have no regrets for your decision.

Hammer

Okay, here's the thing, I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from getting the vaccine, I'm just trying to let people know the pros and cons of taking the vaccine.  The mainstream news media won't give you the facts, they are in bed with big tech, big corporations, including the pharmaceutical companies, and the elite.  Today's "journalists" don't report the news, they create it, in an attempt to draw more viewers or readers of their newspapers, as it benefits both them, and the company they work for, financially.  I don't trust the mainstream news, and polls have shown that most people also don't trust the mainstream news.  When they say that the vaccine is safe, I don't believe them, because they want to stay on the good side of the big corporations.

If anyone wants to get the vaccine, fine, but they should know all of the facts before submitting to a vaccine that could potentially harm them.  I am not an anti-vaccine person, but this vaccine has not been proven to be completely safe, and many medical experts agree with that assessment.  Until it's been proven to not have any long term side effects, then I don't think that anyone should take it, but that's just my opinion.  That first link that I posted, if you think that was BS, then maybe check out this link from French hospitals.  There is more and more evidence coming out as to the bad side effects of this vaccine, yet no one seems to be interested, because they are all listening to the mainstream news media.  Well, I am interested, and I know of others who are also.  Take this vaccine at your own risk, because I sure as heck won't.  For those of you who do get the vaccine, please let us know if you have any bad side effects from it, or if you had no bad side effects, as that would help the rest of us determine whether or not we should get the vaccine.

Dowling

Hammer The mainstream media reports what the CDC tells them, They are not in bed with big tech, big corporations, including the pharmaceutical companies, or the elite or anyone else when it comes to reporting news about Covid.  If that was the case I wouldn't believe them either. My info comes mainly from Dr. Fauci and he is often on CNN explaining the science. He is the worlds leading scientist on infectious diseases and does not belong to any political party. He stays far away from anything that could make people think he may be biased and concentrates on the science. If he says it's safe to take a vaccine I believe him.

Do you really believe that the mainstream media wouldn't report bad side effects if there were any in the tens of millions who have taken the vaccine. They reported the allergies and bells palsy why wouldn't they report side effects that were worse and that could not be resolved with a little time and treatment.

Hammer
12 hours ago, Dowling said:

Hammer The mainstream media reports what the CDC tells them, They are not in bed with big tech, big corporations, including the pharmaceutical companies, or the elite or anyone else when it comes to reporting news about Covid.  If that was the case I wouldn't believe them either. My info comes mainly from Dr. Fauci and he is often on CNN explaining the science. He is the worlds leading scientist on infectious diseases and does not belong to any political party. He stays far away from anything that could make people think he may be biased and concentrates on the science. If he says it's safe to take a vaccine I believe him.

Do you really believe that the mainstream media wouldn't report bad side effects if there were any in the tens of millions who have taken the vaccine. They reported the allergies and bells palsy why wouldn't they report side effects that were worse and that could not be resolved with a little time and treatment.

Well, Dr. Fauci originally said that wearing masks wouldn't stop the spread of the virus.  A month after he said that, he reversed that and said that masks  would help prevent the spread of the virus.  So much for Dr. Fauci's advice.

As to the mainstream news media....they are heavily biased toward the left.  The leftist politicians used to represent the working man, but now they represent the big corporations and the elite.  Who do the corporations support?....the leftist politicians, and since the media is leftist, they support the corporations also.  Who do you think owns the TV and radio media, , as well as newspapers?  The corporations and the elite, so they are not going to mention anything that hurts the corporations in the  media, unless there are public lawsuits that can't be hidden.  Something that I don't think that most people know....pharmaceutical companies are NOT in business to make medicines to make you healthy, they are IN business to make money.  Sure their business is to make medicines, but that's not why they are IN business.  Every company is IN business to make money, otherwise they'd go out of business.  What that business is, is irrelevant...whether it's making medicines, cars, newspapers, etc.  

Okay, so these pharmaceutical companies have made millions of doses of the vaccine, and it cost them millions, maybe billions of dollars to develop them.  They are going to make billions of dollars by selling these vaccines, but what happens after 5-10 years, and making billions, maybe even trillions of dollars by selling these vaccines to the whole world, and they find out that the vaccines have long term serious side effects?  Nothing happens to the pharmaceutical companies because they are protected by law from lawsuits.  They don't care, since they've already made their billions or trillions of dollars.  It's all about the money.

To be honest, I hope that these vaccines are completely safe, and have no serious side effects, because I don't want to see anyone get serious health issues from the vaccines.  I really hope that the vaccines stop the virus, and that the world can go back to a somewhat normal existence.

Dowling
2 hours ago, Hammer said:

Well, Dr. Fauci originally said that wearing masks wouldn't stop the spread of the virus.  A month after he said that, he reversed that and said that masks  would help prevent the spread of the virus.  So much for Dr. Fauci's advice.

That statement was made in early march 2020 when little was known about the virus. Part of his reasoning then was that masks didn't prevent the 1918 virus from spreading. But his stance on masks has remained the same since he learned that they do prevent the spread of the virus. Dealing with this virus has been a learning experience for everyone him included, and anyone can change their minds when they find truth. I still think he knows more than anyone about this virus and I trust him more than any other person on earth when it comes to this vitus.

I'll be at the head of the line to get my shot when I can.

Edited by Dowling

Hammer

Dowling, I totally respect your desire to get the vaccine, and I understand why you want to get it.

As for Dr. Fauci, if he is such a knowledgeable person about viruses, then just seeing how the number of cases of the regular flu fell when masks and social distancing were implemented, and knowing that the COVID-19 was just a different strain of the coronavirus, which the flu is, then how could he say that masks didn't help at first?  Even if he wasn't sure if they helped, why not say to wear them, since they know that wearing masks prevents other forms of the coronavirus from spreading?  Even the average citizen knows that wearing a mask will prevent germs from spreading, I mean, that's why surgeons wear them in the operating room.

The reason that I am going after Dr. Fauci, is because when he said that masks didn't help, President Trump, on the advice of Fauci, told Americans that masks didn't help.  Then when Fauci reversed and said that masks do help, the news media and the Democrats blamed Trump for the misinformation...information that Fauci gave him.

Edited by Hammer

don1942

Once Fauci reversed his stance on the usefulness of masks in March, Trump continued to dismiss the usefulness of masks over the succeeding nine months and this is what the media criticized.

I agree big pharma is in business to make money; however, they can’t make money unless their products are safe.   If their products are proven to be unsafe, no one will buy them and they will loose money. Accordingly, it is in their best interest to market safe products. It is not logical to believe big pharma is out to make money irregardless of the safety of their products.

Dowling
20 hours ago, Hammer said:

As for Dr. Fauci, if he is such a knowledgeable person about viruses, then just seeing how the number of cases of the regular flu fell when masks and social distancing were implemented, and knowing that the COVID-19 was just a different strain of the coronavirus, which the flu is, then how could he say that masks didn't help at first?

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of mask wearing or social distancing with regular flu in all my life and I've lived through many flu seasons. They were worn during the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic but they were often made with gauze and did nothing to stop the spread. Masks but not social distancing are required in hospitals during flu season but that's not for regular flu but more Severe infections that can be caught in a hospital.

We didn't wear masks for SARS ( a Coronavurus) or H1N1 either

Dr. Fauci  only goes with what the scientists tell him. He is not a scientist but a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases. I respect him more for going with the science and changing his mind and not trying to cover his tracks even though Trump was giving out false information and pressuring him to go along.

Hammer
1 hour ago, don1942 said:

I agree big pharma is in business to make money; however, they can’t make money unless their products are safe.   If their products are proven to be unsafe, no one will buy them and they will loose money. Accordingly, it is in their best interest to market safe products. It is not logical to believe big pharma is out to make money irregardless of the safety of their products.

But that's what they are doing...selling a product (the vaccines) that haven't been out long enough to know if they are safe.  Once they've vaccinated hundreds of millions of people, wait 5-10 years, and then we will know how safe and effective the are.

Hammer
1 minute ago, Dowling said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong but I have never heard of mask wearing or social distancing with regular flu in all my life and I've lived through many flu seasons. They were worn during the 1918 Spanish flu epidemic but they were often made with gauze and did nothing to stop the spread. Masks but not social distancing are required in hospitals during flu season but that's not for regular flu but more Severe infections that can be caught in a hospital.

We didn't wear masks for SARS ( a Coronavurus) or H1N1 either

Dr. Fauci  only goes with what the scientists tell him. He is not a scientist but a doctor who specializes in infectious diseases. I respect him more for going with the science and changing his mind and not trying to cover his tracks even though Trump was giving out false information and pressuring him to go along.

Dowling, what I meant was that, since they have implemented the wearing of masks and social distancing for COVID-19, the cases of the regular flu have dropped 75% here in the states.  It just seems logical to me that, colds and the flu, which are a type of coronavirus, are spread in two ways, through close contact with another person, or from surfaces that the viruses came into contact with.  We've know this for many years, so why did Fauci say that masks weren't effective against COVID-19?  Not to mention that, in the period from when he said that they weren't effect, to the period when he reversed and said that they were effective, how many people caught COVID-19 because they thought that not wearing a mask was okay, based on what Fauci said?

don1942

Two of my 6th grade classmates came down with polio, one suffered with a life long paralyzed leg and the other was confined to an iron lung.  Thankfully, the polio vaccine was administered without waiting 5 to 10 years to be sure it didn’t have long term ramifications and I was spared from getting the debilitating disease. 

Dowling
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

Dowling, what I meant was that, since they have implemented the wearing of masks and social distancing for COVID-19, the cases of the regular flu have dropped 75% here in the states.  It just seems logical to me that, colds and the flu, which are a type of coronavirus, are spread in two ways, through close contact with another person, or from surfaces that the viruses came into contact with.  We've know this for many years, so why did Fauci say that masks weren't effective against COVID-19?  Not to mention that, in the period from when he said that they weren't effect, to the period when he reversed and said that they were effective, how many people caught COVID-19 because they thought that not wearing a mask was okay, based on what Fauci said?

Hammer You can dump on Dr. Fauci if you want but it won't change the facts. In that you are much like Trump but unlike the American people. In one survey I read taken in the worst of times in America he was the most trusted person in America to tell people about Covid. I just won't argue with you any more. Do what you want and listen to crockpots and don't get the Vaccine. I just hope and pray that you Don't get Covid. It will be around for a long time. Vaccines will help with cases and deaths but until everyone in the world is Immune it will be around.

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, don1942 said:

Two of my 6th grade classmates came down with polio, one suffered with a life long paralyzed leg and the other was confined to an iron lung.  Thankfully, the polio vaccine was administered without waiting 5 to 10 years to be sure it didn’t have long term ramifications and I was spared from getting the debilitating disease. 

In first grade one of my classmates got polio, she was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life, she passed away about five years ago, she was at our 50th but not at our birthday party for our 70th birthday. Another classmate disappeared in first grade, I never heard what happened to him.

I remember my parents worried every time I sneezed and then the vaccine came out and the following year was the oral vaccine. Then it was over. 

I have taken the flu vaccine since the 80s. All my vaccines are up to date, my tetanus shot and I had to get the MMR vaccine for work incase I had to go to South Korea. I  still want to get my pneumonia and shingles shots.

My second COVID-19 is scheduled for the 23rd.

Hammer

While this may not make sense to some people here, this is how I feel.  I would rather die from the coronavirus (if I ever were to get it, which I doubt that I ever will), than take the vaccine.  I am not afraid of the coronavirus, but I am afraid of the vaccine., or more accurately, the side effects of the vaccine, which to this date, no one knows what those might be.

Dowling
5 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

In first grade one of my classmates got polio, she was confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life, she passed away about five years ago, she was at our 50th but not at our birthday party for our 70th birthday. Another classmate disappeared in first grade, I never heard what happened to him.

I remember my parents worried every time I sneezed and then the vaccine came out and the following year was the oral vaccine. Then it was over. 

I have taken the flu vaccine since the 80s. All my vaccines are up to date, my tetanus shot and I had to get the MMR vaccine for work incase I had to go to South Korea. I  still want to get my pneumonia and shingles shots.

My second COVID-19 is scheduled for the 23rd.

Right on Diana. I'm a big fan of vaccines. I too remember polio and how scared everyone was that their child would get it. While I never take the flu shot all my other vaccines are up to date. I've had tetanus and Pneumonia shots. Without Vaccines our life expectancy wouldn't be what it is today and many men would be sterile from the Measles.

A small bit of trivia about Smallpox vaccine. A country doctor noticed that milkmaids who had had cowpox, a mild disease, transferred from cows. The milkmaids would often get it on their hands from milking the cows. They didn't get Smallpox even though those around them did and they were exposed. A vaccine was developed with that knowledge and the killer smallpox was eradicated.

Diana_CT

COVID-19 affected us so much that it lowered our life expectancy buy a year.

US life expectancy drops a year in pandemic, most since WWII

Life expectancy in the United States dropped a staggering one year during the first half of 2020 as the coronavirus pandemic caused its first wave of deaths, health officials are reporting.

Minorities suffered the biggest impact, with Black Americans losing nearly three years and Hispanics, nearly two years, according to preliminary estimates Thursday from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“This is a huge decline,” said Robert Anderson, who oversees the numbers for the CDC. “You have to go back to World War II, the 1940s, to find a decline like this.

Diana_CT

Connecticut just reported that all of the nursing homes, long term care facilities, and senior housing have been vaccinated. At the beginning of February there were 300 cases in these facilities and as of Wednesday there were only 10 cases.

buddy7

The UK has excess vaccines and should give them out to other developing countries.

Following a meeting of G7 leaders today, some wealthier countries have pledged to give out spare doses of vaccines to developing nations, but of course, this is not happening.

The former foreign secretary has told Sky News there are still 130 countries that have not given out a single dose of any vaccines.

From an earlier report, the UK has around 407 million doses of vaccines on ordering enough shots for its entire population several times over, with a population of 66.6 million, and the UK has 3 current vaccines on the go, with another 4 vaccines earmarked for delivery in 2022 should they make sure all surplus vaccines are adequately assigned to developing countries. I’m aware this is not a charity, and we must also be aware, that where the virus is not contained it mutates and therefore poses an ongoing risk.

And you think the US have vaccine issues? 130 countries haven’t even started vaccinating.                  

Just 10 countries have administered 75% of all Covid -19 vaccines supplied while more than 130 countries haven't even received their first doses, and according to UNICEF. That's 2.5 billion people who so far have been completely shut out of the global vaccine campaign.

Many of these low- and middle-income countries are urgently shopping for vaccines. But with just a handful of pharmaceutical manufacturers have successfully come up with vaccines, doses are incredibly scarce.

Lack of supply isn't the only issue. Now there are questions about whether the vaccines that researchers started working on a year ago will work against new variants of the virus that have emerged in the last few months.

Been reading a BBC report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-54961045

adiantum

I think I may be OK with the vaccine after  reading the ingredients of the pfizer..

Vaccine, doses and administration The following COVID-19 vaccine has been provisionally approved for use in Australia. The TGA website provides the product information. Refer also to Vaccine information section for more details. Comirnaty (generic name BNT162b2) Sponsor: Pfizer Australia Pty Ltd Approved age for use: ≥16 years

Presentation: Multi-dose vial without preservative, each vial containing 6 doses in 0.45mL. Requires dilution with 1.8mL of sterile 0.9% NaCl without preservative into each multi-dose vial. Volume/strength: 0.3mL (30µg) per dose Schedule: 2 doses at least 21 days apart Administration route: Intramuscular injection into deltoid muscle Ingredients: Each 0.3mL dose contains 30 mcg mRNA - List of excipients: o ((4-hydroxybutyl)azanediyl)bis(hexane-6,1-diyl)bis(2- hexyldecanoate) (ALC-0315) o 2-[(polyethylene glycol)-2000]-N,N-ditetradecylacetamide (ALC-0159) o Distearoylphosphatidylcholine (DSPC) o Cholesterol o Potassium chloride o Monobasic potassium phosphate o Sodium chloride o Dibasic sodium phosphate dihydrate o Sucrose o Water for injections

Diana_CT

I just got my second dose.

I got there about 15 minutes early for my second vaccination and I was just sitting down and my butt didn’t even touch the chair when they called my name. I got the shot from a student nurse from UConn and then waited the15 minutes. As I was sitting there waiting I looked around and everyone was staring at their smartphones as I was getting mine out to play solitaire. I was thinking that back in the old days we would be staring at the wall and twiddling our thumbs.
Right now I just have a sore arm and the sniffles but I canceled my dentist appointment for tomorrow and my eye doctor's appointment for Thursday just incase I run a fever.

adiantum

Vaccinations began here this week.

After all the indepth teaching courses to all the health care workers  to be involved  even dress rehearsals ,two elderly people in a Queensland aged care home have been given four times the amount of the COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine. They were injected by a doctor who has since been stood down. It was a nurse that noticed  the issue & stopped procedings . The patients , a 94 yr old woman & an 88yr old man are being monitored while showing no adverse reaction so far.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-24/coronavirus-queensland-vaccine-overdose-aged-care-brisbane/13179280