Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Dowling

smoothies

Dowling

Well not exactly smoothies because they are not really thick but good low carb drinks. I've just discovered you can make good drinks with cream cheese. I divide an 8 oz block of cream cheese into 5 pieces, use 1 and refrigerate the rest. When using I microwave the cream cheese for 15 seconds to soften it so it blends better.

for chocolate

cream cheese

3 heaping tablespoons of splenda or any sweetener

2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder

2 to 2 1/2 cups chocolate unsweetened almond breeze

put the sweetener and cocoa powder in the blender. Add a bit of the almond breeze and blend to mix in the cocoa powder and sweetener. Add the cream cheese and half of the remaining almond milk blend until mixed. Add the rest of the milk and blend slightly. At this point you can add crushed ice if needed but I never do.

For berries use the same ingredients as above minus the cocoa.

a handful of berries--for reference I use 4or 5 strawberries depending on size

I cut up strawberries but leave other berries whole

2 heaping tablespoons slpenda or any sweetener

1/5 of 8 oz package of cream cheese

Put berries in blender. Add sweetener and softened cream cheese and part of the vanilla unsweetened almond milk and blend until smooth. Add remaining vanilla almond milk and blend to mix

These taste a little like liquid cheesecake. I love them and have them daily as a very low carb snack

Edited by Dowling