Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
diabeteslife

Any New Testing Technologies Available?

diabeteslife

Hi! I have tried Onetouch Verio and got tired of carrying around my bag of testing supplies. Then my doc put me on Libre and I have experienced a skin reaction to the sensor. Are there any other new testing technologies that you can recommend?

Sunny2020

I have not tried Libre, but I do like my new meter that my doctor told me about.  It is called Pogo.  

Sunny2020

My doctor had me order from this website:  www.presspogo.com/telemedicine 

I got a free meter with test purchase. 

This Pogo uses cartridges, not test strips.  A lot easier to test by just pressing my finger on the port. 

diabeteslife

Thanks! I looked at the Pogo website. It appears that you just press your finger on a button and that's it. Is it truely that simple? Do you like Pogo?

diabeteslife

On the webite you provided (www.presspogo.com/telemedicine), it appears I get a free meter as long as I order $32 worth of tests. Is this what you paid or did you use insurance?

Sunny2020

yes, I got the free meter, and bought 100 tests for $64.  I just used my FSA card.  My doc said it is not covered under insurance yet.

diabeteslife

TX_Clint: $32 does not seem bad for a new meter and tests... At this point, I'll try anything since my standard glucometer and Libre device have failed me. Once I receive the Pogo product, i'll post a review and let you know if it was worth the cost. 

Hammer
14 hours ago, adiantum said:

I've known people that talk to themselves but these two are surely  of the same person that posts to themselves.

It does appear that way Lee.  They both just joined at the exact same time, and they have close to the same number of posts, and they made all of their posts within minutes of each other.  I'm thinking that he/they are trying to push the Pogo meter maybe?