Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Loren S

Question about potentially being diabetic?

Loren S

Hi everyone I'm new here. Alittle bit me...I'm 43yrs old in great physical shape and do weightlifting 4 days per week. Here is where it gets Alittle dicey. I am a competitive eater for a living, meaning 1 day per week i do huge calorie challenges(10,000 plus calories) for that one whole day. Last a1c(friday) is a 4.9. My fbg & post prenatal range anywhere from 80's to 120's but the day I have contests post prenatals get as high as 185 and the next day fbg testing is in the 110-120ish range. From what I understand these readings are prediabetic-diabetic numbers. My question is this just because the amount of processed food consumed for that one day?

adiantum

Hi Loren, I dont have the answer for you I just thought I'd say a quick hi so you dont feel as if talking to a wall.

Others will be along later.

I think it's good that your getting that A1c checked although it just takes an average of what's been happening over the past 3 months.

I think you mean post prandials which means after a meal.

C an you check your glucose for the next 3 days after such feasting instead of just the following day?

Loren S

Yes I can & will. Thanks for the reply!!!!

meyery2k

@Loren S - I would test over several days.  Test fasting.  Test before eating.  Test 2 hours after eating.  Log results.  Measuring on a contest day is a one of a kind event.  It would be better for you to see what the overall trend would be. ~ Mike