Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
tjaniselliot

Tinola Recipe

DavG

Both me and my family, love chicken dishes. I often make cheese soup with chicken, but it's getting a little boring. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Share your experience, how did you make it, maybe there are complications?

Dowling
On 8/12/2020 at 1:55 AM, tjaniselliot said:

Found a nice tinola recipe somewhere. You can check it here: https://www.ajinomoto.com.ph/blog/tinola-101-choosing-chicken-meat/ 

OK I checked it. Everything else in the recipe is good for a diabetic diet except papaya. Papaya is high in natural sugars. There are 12 net carbs in 1 cup of Papaya. That is subtracting 2.5 grams of fiber from the total carb count. Whether or not it would be Ok for you depends on the amount of Papaya used and the number of servings and your carb tolerance. I'll leave it to you to do the math. 

It wouldn't be something I'd try but if you decide to try it please use your meter to check your blood glucose by testing before you eat and again 2 hours after eating. Your after numbers should be close to your before numbers. if not Then papaya is not for you.

adiantum

Keep in mind the Philippines  use green papaya when cooking , so that might fit in with your carb budget.

1 cup of green papaya has 9g carbs  of which  includes 1.7 gr fiber

In that dish, you'd only get  1/2 cup  per serve