Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
zeeshanmoroo

Vacuum Cleaner

zeeshanmoroo

As you can see there are many things to consider when doing a search for good vacuum cleaner information that will help you in your decision making processes. Prior to making your search you should take the time set up a simple comparison chart on a piece of paper will make your comparisons a great deal easier and clearer. Remember the better job you do in gathering your vacuum cleaner information the better chance you will be purchase the best vacuum cleaner for your home or office.

Dowling

I don't have to search or do comparisons I know who makes the best vacuums--Shark. I wouldn't trade mine for anything. They are every bit as good as Dyson at half the price

Hammer

I have a friend who took her vacuum in to a repair shop to have it serviced, and she asked the repair guy if she should just get a new vacuum instead of having her old vacuum repaired.  She said that she was looking at the Dyson vacuums, and she asked the guy if they were any good.  He told her, "I'll take in the back to my repair shop, and you'll see the wall lined with Dyson vacuums that need to be repaired.  He said that they break down so often that he is never worried about now having enough business.

For some reason, Dyson thinks that they need to re-invent the mouse trap, so-to-speak.  Their designs aren't any better than anyone else's, and they don't seem to last that long, since their designs haven't been tested for long periods of time.  Heck, that "fan" that they offer that doesn't have any spinning blades, is nothing more than an air knife, which we used at the factory where I worked.  Instead of having fan blades that spin, an air knife needs to have a compressor to send pressurized air to the air knife, in order for it to push out air like a regular fan does.  How many extra moving parts does that require, as opposed to just having a motor spin a fan blade?  Why make something that no one asked for or needs?

I have a Sears vacuum that I bought many years ago when my brother was coming here to stay with me for a week, and my old vacuum died.  When I bought the vacuum, the clerk at the Sears store asked me if I wanted to buy the extended warranty for it.  I told her no, I didn't.  She asked, well what happens if it breaks down after the regular warranty expires?  I told her that I was going to use it to vacuum my house for the next week, and after that, I'd never use it again, since I hadn't used my old vacuum in years, so why would I need an extended warranty?...and besides, if this new vacuum broke down, and I needed a vacuum, I'd just buy another one, but it wouldn't be from Sears.😊  I still have that vacuum around here somewhere...I guess it still works....

Dowling

Hammer--I agree with you on Dyson. You pay big money for the hype when you can buy a decent vacuum for a quarter of the price. When I buy an appliance of any sort I look for simple. One that will do the job I want without all the bells and whistles. The more computer stuff something has on it or the more complex it  is the easier it is to break down. 

Extended warrantees are a good way for stores to make money and a good way for the consumer to waste money. You are usually given a years warrantee with every new appliance. If it's a lemon it will break down within that year. If it's not and you use it for a year with no trouble it will probably last for the time of the extended warrantee.

I wish I'd listened to my way of buying when I got my Husqvarna sewing machine. I had sewed for 25 years on a repossessed store brand sewing machine that I bought when money was tight. So much I simply wore it out. My cousin talked me into buying a Husqvarna machine with all the bells and whistles and I hate it. It is poorly designed and hard to thread. It sews well but I'm constantly having to look up how to do things in the manual and how to program the computer. I could have gotten a good machine that I'd like better for half the price. I'll keep it but lesson learned.

ArthurHolo

I don't even have a regular vacuum because just simply don't need it. Bought some cheap robot vacuum cleaner and happy with this thing. It cleans the house even better than my ex gf (please don't tell her :D). 

adiantum

Arthur  that is sexist speak & not acceptable in a modern society.

5 minutes ago, ArthurHolo said:

I don't even have a regular vacuum because just simply don't need it. Bought some cheap robot vacuum cleaner and happy with this thing. It cleans the house even better than my ex gf (please don't tell her :D). 

Vilifying women is the lowest form  of wit

Edited by adiantum

ArthurHolo
3 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Arthur  that is sexist speak & not acceptable in a modern society.

Vilifying women is the lowest form  of wit

I didn't vilify her. I just said how it was. This vacuum does clean better, we even tested it out. At first, we cleaned the house ourselves and then used this thing.

adiantum

Then there was no need to speak in a negative manner of a girlfriend that isnt even in your company.

That can be interpreted as social abuse which is a form of domestic violence.

It wouldve been a positive post if you had just described your pleasure with your vacuum.

ArthurHolo
4 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Then there was no need to speak in a negative manner of a girlfriend that isnt even in your company.

That can be interpreted as social abuse which is a form of domestic violence.

It wouldve been a positive post if you had just described your pleasure with your vacuum.

It wasn't a negative manner. I didn't mean to offend anyone. We always joked with her about this and never talked about it in a negative way

Hammer

Unless, like me, you have wall to wall carpeting.  I have a regular broom, like in the picture, that I bought a few years ago, but I haven't had a need to use it yet.  There isn't really anything in my house where a broom like this is needed, much less, the walis tambo broom that you mentioned, but thanks for the comment.  I had to look up that broom to see what it was....interesting.

71IXI3kBGEL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.705ef9d11a805020cd084e30fb302e6c.jpg

Edited by Hammer

buddy7
8 hours ago, Eurotoff said:

I dont use vaccum, "walis tambo" is always the best tool! 

Not when you have fleas in the carpets or rugs. 😀

Dowling
9 hours ago, bespawlerbison said:

What is the best vacuum cleaner to buy?

Shark--Like I told you when you first started this post.

Edited by Dowling