Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Eurotoff

Food prep ideas

Eurotoff

I was wondering if anyone here does food prep for about a week in front. I have been following LCHF/intermittent fasting now for awhile and doing well, but I am getting bored with it. But I am open for new meal preparations if there is anything that you can suggest! 

adiantum

Sorry I dont prepare meals ahead but I can always have a great meal within minutes from selections of the freezer.

I cook extra & freeze some for another day.

Ive got a drawer in the freezer just of pumpkin. Its pumpkin season here & I bought heaps. I sit in the garden & cut one in half. 

The bottom half goes straight in the oven,skin included.

When baked I scoop portions from the skin & put enough for 2 meals  in freezer bags & pack them in the freezer.

That can be thawed when necessary & included with other vegetables.

The top half of the pumpkin, I peel & cut into large cubes. Half gets baked with other vegetables  & the other gets bagged & frozen.

I prepare it in the garden as I love outdoors..plus, skin & seeds can get thrown into the garden instead of over the kitchen floor.

I also keep cheese in the freezer. Theres no waste  by freezing the unused portions & its handy to have a supply of cheese.

Pine nuts are also good to freeze.

Peppe89

I pick a protein that both Mr Hotpepper and I eat, add a above ground vegetable. Like sautéed broccoli or green beans. And then a carbohydrate like rice or potatoes for the Mr.
Sometimes the vegetable is a mixed green salad with tomatoes and cucumbers. If it’s a pasta sauce I just have it with sautéed cabbage or more meat.

Dowling

I live a lot on things from  my freezer. It's easier when you are cooking for 1. I boil and then fry up sausage and freeze them in a container. I don't crowd them and put parchment paper between the layers. I buy a whole peameal bacon slab and roast it. Slice the whole thing and eat 1 meal hot and them freeze the rest in individual meal size in freezer bags. I buy a small tenderloin. Slice pound it and bread it with equal parts of vital wheat gluten and parmesan cheese and freeze it loosely in a container, again with parchment between the layers. Then fry it right from frozen. Just think of ways you can cook or freeze meat.

I cook riced cauliflower add a cheese sauce made with grated cheddar and a bit of full fat cream. Eat some and freeze the rest in meal sized portions. I buy frozen vegetables and microwave them to cook. Some veggies I buy fresh and I cook them while my meat is heating. Sometimes right in the pan with the meat. Salad dressings are not just for salads. Ranch, Caesar or Italian make a nice addition to veggies.

If you like casseroles and find a good low carb 1 make the whole casserole then divide it into meal sized portions and freeze. I make the meat portion for shepherds pie and serve it with spiralized zucchini and there are others I do this with too. I make meat chili and stew and freeze them too

The only drawback to freezing is that some things shouldn't be frozen. You can find a list on line if you look

LCD
19 hours ago, Dowling said:

I live a lot on things from  my freezer. It's easier when you are cooking for 1. I boil and then fry up sausage and freeze them in a container. I don't crowd them and put parchment paper between the layers.

I take bacon, ham, sausage and beef (like stew meat) and I cut and divide each into small pieces.  I wrap in plastic into balls,and place, the meat into the egg carton slots, where the eggs were.   I have 4 cartons (one for each type, holding 12 individual servings.  You can freeze and defrost when needed.  I  use them when I want to add a small amount to any meal, or I use 2 if I want a larger quanity.

DavG

I do that when I know there will be a lot of work and I won't be able to cook. But that happens very rarely. Usually, I don't have the imagination to cook much. Also, sometimes I can freeze food so I don't have to worry about dinner later.

Knothat

Goals for your best weight loss program

One the most important things to do when searching for the best weight loss program for you is to decide on your goals. The more specific you are with your goals, the better your chances of weight loss success become.

Be sure to set specific, realistic expectations. Meaning, don’t expect to lose 100 pounds in thirty days. The average amount of weight loss using safe and healthy means is one to five pounds per week.

When setting goals ask yourself these questions: How much weight do I want to lose? How much time am I giving myself to reach my ideal weight? (Remember be realistic!)

Lifestyle- finding the best weight loss program for your schedule

When choosing the best weight loss program for you, it’s very important to factor in the type of lifestyle you lead. This is a crucial step that many people miss.

Your lifestyle determines what type of weight loss program will work for you. If you work twelve hours a day or travel five days a week, a weight loss program that requires a lot of cooking won’t work for you so don’t even consider it.

Additionally…

You need to know your strengths and weaknesses. Are you an exercise buff who just happens to eat poorly? If so, you may need a food based weight loss program. On the other hand, are you a whiz in the kitchen but you hate working out?

Also…

What qualities in a weight loss program are necessities for you? Ask yourself these questions and be honest in your answers: How much time daily can I devote to exercise? Cooking? How many times a week must I be able to eat out?

Do I need an application for my phone or best mobile vpn to control your diet program? What kinds of exercise am I willing to do? (ex. walking, jogging, weight training, swimming, pilates, yoga, aerobics, etc.) Do I need help with my eating habits? Fitness? Both? Must I have one-on-one attention?

Do I need a plan that requires no cooking? Do I need a plan with lots of structure or one with customization and flexibility?

Money for the best weight loss program

Another thing to factor in when choosing the best weight loss program for you is the amount of money you’re willing to spend. Most online membership-based weight loss programs will cost between $15.00 - $250.00 per month while non membership-based programs have a one-time fee of anywhere between $12.00 - $ 160.00

There are a couple of things you need to be aware of when deciding on your weight loss budget. As is true with just about everything in today’s society, you usually get what you pay for so when deciding on the right budget treat this like you would something that is very important to you.

If you’re willing to spend sixty bucks on that new hair cut and color or that great outfit, shouldn’t you be willing to spend that much on reaching your desired weight? Having said that, there are plenty of good weight loss programs to choose from at reasonable prices. The key point to remember here is that the more customization you require, the more the price of the weight loss program will rise.

For example…

You may be able to get a weight loss program for $19.95 but don’t expect it to be customized to fit your individual needs. Don’t expect a lot of intricate details in this program and definitely don’t expect ongoing personal support.

With that said…

If you’re focused on your weight loss goal, you have the necessary will power to stay on track, you can follow a pre-packaged plan, and all you need is a simple, effective weight loss plan of action, you may be able to succeed with a low cost weight loss program.

However, if you’re frustrated from past failures but determined to succeed, you might want to shell out a few extra bucks for customized, one-on-one support.

Safety

The next and most important issue you need to consider is the safety of the weight loss program you’re interested in. The first thing you should always do is discuss the weight loss program with your doctor.

The general rule of thumb I use when giving nutritional advice is if the program consists of losing weight solely through eating healthier and exercise, then it’s usually safe to try. I never recommend using supplements because many of them (even herbal ones) can be harmful but even if they’re not they are unnecessary.

You can lose weight safely, quickly, and effectively without them so why waste extra money buying supplements you really don’t need?

Having said that, it’s still your choice as to whether you want to try supplements or not. Just always get your doctor’s approval first and if a supplement makes you feel strange or causes any side effects stop taking it immediately.

Now get going towards the best weight loss program!

Now it’s time to get started on your weight loss plan of action. Get a sheet of paper and jot down answers to all of the questions in each subtitle. Visit best-weight-loss-program-info.com , read our reviews, and determine if any of the programs have the qualities you need in order to have weight loss success. If not, move on to other programs but use the same checklist.

This weight loss plan of action should save you time and money and help you to find the best weight loss program for you the first time around.

Dowling
16 hours ago, Knothat said:

Goals for your best weight loss program

One the most important things to do when searching for the best weight loss program for you is to decide on your goals. The more specific you are with your goals, the better your chances of weight loss success become.

Be sure to set specific, realistic expectations. Meaning, don’t expect to lose 100 pounds in thirty days. The average amount of weight loss using safe and healthy means is one to five pounds per week.

When setting goals ask yourself these questions: How much weight do I want to lose? How much time am I giving myself to reach my ideal weight? (Remember be realistic!)

Lifestyle- finding the best weight loss program for your schedule

When choosing the best weight loss program for you, it’s very important to factor in the type of lifestyle you lead. This is a crucial step that many people miss.

Your lifestyle determines what type of weight loss program will work for you. If you work twelve hours a day or travel five days a week, a weight loss program that requires a lot of cooking won’t work for you so don’t even consider it.

Additionally…

You need to know your strengths and weaknesses. Are you an exercise buff who just happens to eat poorly? If so, you may need a food based weight loss program. On the other hand, are you a whiz in the kitchen but you hate working out?

Also…

What qualities in a weight loss program are necessities for you? Ask yourself these questions and be honest in your answers: How much time daily can I devote to exercise? Cooking? How many times a week must I be able to eat out?

Do I need an application for my phone or best mobile vpn to control your diet program? What kinds of exercise am I willing to do? (ex. walking, jogging, weight training, swimming, pilates, yoga, aerobics, etc.) Do I need help with my eating habits? Fitness? Both? Must I have one-on-one attention?

Do I need a plan that requires no cooking? Do I need a plan with lots of structure or one with customization and flexibility?

Money for the best weight loss program

Another thing to factor in when choosing the best weight loss program for you is the amount of money you’re willing to spend. Most online membership-based weight loss programs will cost between $15.00 - $250.00 per month while non membership-based programs have a one-time fee of anywhere between $12.00 - $ 160.00

There are a couple of things you need to be aware of when deciding on your weight loss budget. As is true with just about everything in today’s society, you usually get what you pay for so when deciding on the right budget treat this like you would something that is very important to you.

If you’re willing to spend sixty bucks on that new hair cut and color or that great outfit, shouldn’t you be willing to spend that much on reaching your desired weight? Having said that, there are plenty of good weight loss programs to choose from at reasonable prices. The key point to remember here is that the more customization you require, the more the price of the weight loss program will rise.

For example…

You may be able to get a weight loss program for $19.95 but don’t expect it to be customized to fit your individual needs. Don’t expect a lot of intricate details in this program and definitely don’t expect ongoing personal support.

With that said…

If you’re focused on your weight loss goal, you have the necessary will power to stay on track, you can follow a pre-packaged plan, and all you need is a simple, effective weight loss plan of action, you may be able to succeed with a low cost weight loss program.

However, if you’re frustrated from past failures but determined to succeed, you might want to shell out a few extra bucks for customized, one-on-one support.

Safety

The next and most important issue you need to consider is the safety of the weight loss program you’re interested in. The first thing you should always do is discuss the weight loss program with your doctor.

The general rule of thumb I use when giving nutritional advice is if the program consists of losing weight solely through eating healthier and exercise, then it’s usually safe to try. I never recommend using supplements because many of them (even herbal ones) can be harmful but even if they’re not they are unnecessary.

You can lose weight safely, quickly, and effectively without them so why waste extra money buying supplements you really don’t need?

Having said that, it’s still your choice as to whether you want to try supplements or not. Just always get your doctor’s approval first and if a supplement makes you feel strange or causes any side effects stop taking it immediately.

Now get going towards the best weight loss program!

Now it’s time to get started on your weight loss plan of action. Get a sheet of paper and jot down answers to all of the questions in each subtitle. Visit best-weight-loss-program-info.com , read our reviews, and determine if any of the programs have the qualities you need in order to have weight loss success. If not, move on to other programs but use the same checklist.

This weight loss plan of action should save you time and money and help you to find the best weight loss program for you the first time around.

I don't care what weight loss program any one is on or what goals are set-- DIETS DO NOT WORK. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to make a complete life style change that you can keep for life. That means finding a sustainable diet that is low in carbs. You may lose weight on a fad diet but it will come right back once you resume the same old diet that made you fat in the first place and the more you diet the harder it is to lose weight. Your body is conditioned to hold on to fat to live. That trait is handed down from our ancestors who didn't have the access to food that we do today and often had periods when food was not available and had to survive on the bodies stored fat until they could find food.