Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
Eurotoff

Onset infection due to Diabetes

Eurotoff

If you had encounter symptoms of infection which you think it is related to your diabetes, do you think it is safe to go to the hospital now even you know that COVID 19 is everywhere? What do you usually do with it. Any thoughts?

Dowling

What kind of infection? You didn't give much to go on. If It was an infected cut I'd try soaking it in salt water or Epsom salt. If It was a bladder infection I'd take cranberry pills or juice. I eat a low carb diet so I won't get complications from diabetes.

If you have an infection that you think is diabetes related and it's serious you must have it treated before it turns to Gangrene. See if you can get a hold of your doctor. If you can't do that put on your mask, grab your hand sanitizer and go to the hospital. Stay far away from anyone there and you'll minimize your chances of getting Covid

Arnolduz

Hi Eurotoff,

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency?" Beside this question being classically the first one asked to you had you reported to sickbay, ofcourse it's the first line of investigation by the medical hologram in the Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine series. Regrettably irl the hologram doctor exists not or nowhere what so ever, so please go see your own / local PhD today if possible.

Your docter will want a bloods- and urinesample taken from you. Not only to measure traces of bacteria, but also to try to grow certain spiecie

You probrably will be given a general purpose antibiotic, and as soon as your bacteria are known, the treatment wil be finetuned in order to get you healthy  again.

Don't worry about Covid-19, if you are too worried to visit your doctor at his practice, you should be able to request the samples being taken from you at your house.

It's important that the microbe or microbes that are the cause of your supposed infections, get determined quickly. Because the sooner these little vandals are gone, the better. Infections can also destabilise your bloodsugar levels, making it difficult  for you to administer the right dose of insuline.

All the best,   get well soon.  At least make a phonecall to your doctor, he knows what's best and also what's safe...

Greetings, Arnold / The Hague

meyery2k

Hospitals take COVID 19 protocols.  Does your PCP offer online consultation?  My concern is that if I am thinking (for my own self) is this serious enough to go to the hospital, then I probably should.  Let us know how you get on. ~ Mike

Eurotoff
On 10/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Arnolduz said:

Hi Eurotoff,

"Please state the nature of your medical emergency?" Beside this question being classically the first one asked to you had you reported to sickbay, ofcourse it's the first line of investigation by the medical hologram in the Star Trek Voyager and Deep Space Nine series. Regrettably irl the hologram doctor exists not or nowhere what so ever, so please go see your own / local PhD today if possible.

Your docter will want a bloods- and urinesample taken from you. Not only to measure traces of bacteria, but also to try to grow certain spiecie

You probrably will be given a general purpose antibiotic, and as soon as your bacteria are known, the treatment wil be finetuned in order to get you healthy  again.

Don't worry about Covid-19, if you are too worried to visit your doctor at his practice, you should be able to request the samples being taken from you at your house.

It's important that the microbe or microbes that are the cause of your supposed infections, get determined quickly. Because the sooner these little vandals are gone, the better. Infections can also destabilise your bloodsugar levels, making it difficult  for you to administer the right dose of insuline.

All the best,   get well soon.  At least make a phonecall to your doctor, he knows what's best and also what's safe...

Greetings, Arnold / The Hague

Thanks to you I wish you well and hope you keep safe as well. I am just actually looking for some hand sanitizer that wont dry up my hands too much! haha do you have suggestion?

Eurotoff
On 10/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, meyery2k said:

Hospitals take COVID 19 protocols.  Does your PCP offer online consultation?  My concern is that if I am thinking (for my own self) is this serious enough to go to the hospital, then I probably should.  Let us know how you get on. ~ Mike

Yes I agree, that appointments with doctors today is very scarce! You are just luck to get live online chat with doctors for consultations. have you experience it?