Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  
ran23

0 carb wrap

ran23

Egglifefoods.com (Indiana) make this 0-carb, 0-fat, 5-protein, and 25 calorie 7" wrap similar to a 7" flour wrap, a little fragile.  expires Jan 2021.   made of egg whites.  still testing.  maybe a cheese and spinach wrap later.   

stevenal

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be trying them. I occasionally need a breakfast wrap I can consume on the road when I've got a long day on the road. Paleo and Keto wraps are okay, but neither are zero carb.

Dowling
5 hours ago, ran23 said:

Egglifefoods.com (Indiana) make this 0-carb, 0-fat, 5-protein, and 25 calorie 7" wrap similar to a 7" flour wrap, a little fragile.  expires Jan 2021.   made of egg whites.  still testing.  maybe a cheese and spinach wrap later.   

I'd say you'd better put a lot of flavorful things inside but then again you'd better not load it down. An egg white wrap would taste like rubber unless they added something else to it and it would fall apart before you could eat it. Much better just to eat the filling and never mind the wrap. Anyway that's my opinion.

CommuniqueDiabetes
On 12/13/2020 at 8:33 AM, Dowling said:

I'd say you'd better put a lot of flavorful things inside but then again you'd better not load it down. An egg white wrap would taste like rubber unless they added something else to it and it would fall apart before you could eat it. Much better just to eat the filling and never mind the wrap. Anyway that's my opinion.

I agree as pure egg white would never taste good.

stevenal

I had a salami and cheese rollup for lunch today using a Crepini zero carb wrap from Costco. This is an egg and cauliflower product. It's nice and big so you can make a decent size wrap. It's very thin, but held together just fine. The wrap itself neither added nor detracted from the flavor. Normally I do as Dowling, and just eat the meat and cheese, but sometimes having something you can hold easily is needed.

Eurotoff

I'm just curious if you are on a keto diet because you mentioned of zero carb or you are just minimizing carbs intake?

CommuniqueDiabetes

There are wrap with minimal carbs content. You can do homemade wrap or buy online. Check on Keto stores, they also have Low Carb Tortillas.

Eurotoff

Yeah, I did check one online store. At first, I don't like the taste, its bland. As time goes, I get used to it and now, I'm influencing the other members of the family to try Keto Diet.