Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

140 today. I do not use mayo in scrambled eggs myself, I like mine sunny side up with dippable yoke (need slice of bread for that, hence the dilemma I have every morning if I should have a toast or not :)

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.  Irina, when I go out for breakfast, I always order 2 eggs, over easy, so that I have a lot of yoke, but I don't dip bread in the yoke, I also order scrapple with my eggs, and I use the scrapple, mixed in with the eggs, to absorb the yoke.

TX_Clint
3 hours ago, Hammer said:

An 84 (4.67) today.  Irina, when I go out for breakfast, I always order 2 eggs, over easy, so that I have a lot of yoke, but I don't dip bread in the yoke, I also order scrapple with my eggs, and I use the scrapple, mixed in with the eggs, to absorb the yoke.

The only scrapple I know of is loaded with carbs. Traditional dutch scrapple is a mush made of pork bits, corn meal and wheat flour then fried. I haven't had any for about 30 years and would pass now.

adiantum

This place is educational...I'd not heard of scrapple before ..

Scrapple, also known by the Pennsylvania Dutch name Pannhaas or “Balkenbrij”. "pan hare" in English., is traditionally a mush of pork scraps and trimmings combined with cornmeal and wheat flour, often buckwheat flour, and spices. Wikipedia

carbs 14G

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 124.

As for scrapple* they say it is an acquired taste, one in which I never acquired... thankfully.

The eggs and mayo sounds like something I might want to try. I am always trying stuff to mix with eggs. Stuff like French onion dip, bacon horseradish dip, buffalo cream cheese, and ordinary stuff like milk or cream. I tried water but I didn't care for it, it thinned out the eggs too much for my tastes.

*My grandmother made is once and it was not a big hit. My father called scrapple and spam depression era food. He hated spam I guess because of WWII it was one of the main rations, as Monty Python said, "...egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam..."

Hammer

When people, who were not familiar with scrapple, would ask me what it was, I'd tell that it was made from the scraps of various meats that were left on the butcher's floor, hence the name "scrapple".😄

FunDad62

Scrapple:  The north's counterpart to grits with breakfast.  I had scrapple once.  Not bad.

IrinaHarr

114 today when I woke up at 4:30.  I used to love " italian hash" for breakfast at the Keys cafe, order without potatoes and it was wonderful with eggs over easy; did not eat the toast which was a shame, it was served with their own scrummy raspberry jam, more like spreadable fruit really - I licked the spoon though :) . 

KEYS ITALIAN HASH

Our famous Italian sausage with mushrooms, onions, green peppers, tomatoes (and hash browns).

https://www.keyscafe.com/restaurants/white-bear-lake-mn#menu

Edited by IrinaHarr

TX_Clint

105 today. I'll just stick with bacon and eggs thank you. I'll eat eggs just about any way you can fix them.

adiantum

7.4 My favourite breakfast is Bubble & Squeak which is fried up left over vegetables.

Its not that easy to make now potatoes are off the menu .

My higher numbers this week are brought to me  from  breakfasts of  mushrooms with garlic bread.

FunDad, I hear music & there must be over a hundred.

Bubble and Squeak (British Potato Cakes) with a runny egg

Edited by adiantum

Diana_CT

We had a line of serve thunderstorms move through yesterday afternoon, there were a number of tornadoes signatures on radar, hail, and high winds that knocked out power around the state. Then a hour and a half later the sun was out.

The storms came through just as I finished unpacking the car. The first raindrops came plopping down..

FunDad62

So I had to try scrambled eggs with mayo after all the chat about it. I must say it was very good.  Didn't make the eggs taste that different but they were creamy'ish.  My best friend got me started on "bacon jerky" too.  Sold with beef jerky and not everyone carries it.

@adiantum - Ah the music....I miss my motorcycle already.  There's a very well known road in Florida labeled A1A.  It goes from near me all the way to Key West and is a VERY popular motorcycle (and car) ride from one end to the other down the entire coast (329 miles).  My house is only about 1/2 mile from it so I hear music all the time.

meyery2k

101 today.

We have a regional coffee shop, Zippy's, and their thing is chili.  The rumored "secret" is mayonnaise.

Kala shared this with me.  Cables, and now, bicycle parts...

May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'Dads considering whether to throw away old cables After After all...why not? Why shouldn't keep it?'

adiantum

7.1 It's cold here too. The wind is strong yet the radio controlled sailors still launched their yachts. I saw two up on slings as the fat controllers stitched the sails up . I usually like to watch them race but its been too cold & windy for me.

image.jpeg.e1e4384661286e2dbbc04f8e62d2e9a8.jpeg

IrinaHarr

133 today, we had nice day and tomorrow Summer returns: two days of 70F  :)

Can't get the hose off the faucet outside, tools did not help (it does not turn and I am afraid to break the faucet). WD-40 may be??

Hammer

A 52 (3.27) today.  Irina, when I can't get something to unscrew, I use Aerokroil.  It's the best penetrating oil that I've found.  Have you tried using two pipe wrenches to get the the hose off of the outside faucet?  One wrench is used to  hold back on the faucet, and the other is used to turn the fitting on the hose.  By using one wrench to hold back on the faucet, that will prevent damage to the faucet.

FunDad62

Motorcycle riders have a saying.  You only need to carry two things on your bike.  Duct tape and WD40.  If it moves and it's not supposed to, put duct tape on it.  And if it doesn't move and it's supposed to, put WD40 on it.  🤣

IrinaHarr

142 today, waiting for day to warm and will give hose thing another try (drenched it in WD-40 yesterday).

Diana_CT

135 this morning.

Those thunderstorms that moved through on Saturday caused some tornados, there are reports that 4 tornadoes touched down. The weather bureau is looking into them, they say that they are likely to be F0 or F1 tornadoes.