Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

Christmas is just 39 days away & yesterday a turtle dove arrived.

It mustve come into the enclosed porch through the doggy door yet couldnt go out that way.

Its a hectic scene when the dog becomes overly excited while trying to leap into the air to confront the visitor .

He doesnt have a lovely voice like  german shepherds , its more high pitched hysterical scream, which didnt relax me nor the dove.

Then the dog went deadly silent & his eyes opened wide as if in shock.... the bird had taken  refuge roosting on my head.

There it stayed while I crossed the room to get  the key & then return to  unlock the security door for it to leave.

adiantum

7.4  stressed.. met up with  an anti vaxxer yesterday. She didnt change my opinion on vaccines but she changed my opinion of her.

I dont like losing friends.

Interesting how some just dont make their opinions known just once & move on.

I know I have beliefs on some issues that are controversial but I dont shove it down the throats of others.

IrinaHarr

139 today. Reducing the intake of carbs to the bare minimum, last night BG went too high.

No luck getting hose off the faucet, might have to use small metal saw.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hammer

A 76 (4.22) today.  Irina, WD-40 isn't a penetrating oil, it's a lubricant.  For things that are threaded and won't come a part, you need to use a penetrating oil.  If you don't have penetrating oil, try using a hammer to tap on the fitting on the hose.  Tap all the way around the hose fitting...maybe several times.  If possible tap the hose fitting in the direction that it unscrews...kinda like using the handle of a  butter knife to tap on the lid of a jar to try and loosen the lid.

IrinaHarr

142 today, back to cool weather after a warm 70F Tuesday.

Hammer, thank you for explaining the difference. I will go to hardware store and get Liquid Wrench today, it is supposed to be as good as the brand you recommended. 👍

Hammer

An 84 (4.67) today.  Irina, make sure to ask the guy at the hardware store for penetrating oil, since liquid wrench makes a variety of products.

Edited by Hammer

adiantum

Hammer, I appreciate all the helpful hints you come up with on every challenge we present.

No wonder I confused  your ID with hammer & nails kinda guy.

I was thrilled that I could solve a plumbing problem recently.

The garden taps in an awkward position & when I attach or detach the hose  the movement weakens the join of the pipes.

The plumber suggested a concrete block &  a dyna bolt... but  as usual.. cable ties came to the rescue.

They are the best invention.

meyery2k

93 today.  Cardiologist visit was good news.  Still A-Fib but heart function improved so keep doing what I do.

@IrinaHarr - I once had a seat post stick in a frame.  Penetrating oil (mineral oil did the trick for me), time, and effort got it out.  Let the oil sit a bit before working it.  BEFORE the oil you might try a handheld propane torch to heat the hose fitting.  It might expand it enough to break free..

Diana_CT

This morning reading was 134.

Yesterday morning it was 27 (-3C) and this morning 50 (10C). Ah... New England!

The results of the doctor's visit, I'm on blood pressure med.

Edited by Diana_CT

FunDad62

My garbage disposal started leaking water so I bought a new one to replace it.  I really didn't want to do it and called a handyman but he wanted more than the disposal cost.  I called another guy I'd used before and he said he'd get back to me and never did, so I did it myself.  After I took out the old one I decided the 17 year old sink could stand replacing as well.  Not as easy as it used to be in younger years but this 59 year old man got it done!  Thanks to ibuprofen.

image.png.5cf1053044e8defa5e2af2e58c58bf1f.png

Edited by FunDad62

meyery2k

95 today.  Great job on that sink.  Yeah, one you get started in there, makes sense to just do it all..

adiantum

7.2 I got my first mosquito bite for the season  last night. That itch is intolerable  when trying to sleep so it was  calamine lotion at 1am.

Nice work FunDad & you saved lots of $'s