Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

132 today, snacking on celery sticks as I prep veggies for turkey stuffing. I planned to stay home today and all the way thru Saturday but realized I used up broth earmarked for stuffing and have to go fight the crowds again (drat!). On the bright side, I might get more fresh radishes which I love and they are diabetic friendly as well. 

Happy Thanksgiving - here is a song (give it 30 sec to begin): 

adiantum

7  on my dogs 9th birthday. It will be treats for him.. a visit to the groomer & off to a park with lots of trees to protect us should it rain.

Last night I attempted to sort  christmas decorations for the dining room  but after seeing 3 redback spiders ( Latrodectus hasselti )  scurry out of the box I decided to do it in daylight & wear an oven mit or take the box outside.

Its a good looking spider  similar to your black widow ( Latrodectus mactans  )  but with a red stripe  on the back .

adiantum

Both my dog & I were treated today..

$50 dog grooming then I went to the service station & put $50 petrol in the tank.

I went in to pay only to be told the driver that used that pump before me had pre paid it.

Its certainly made my day.

IrinaHarr

136 this morning, hope NY area weekend storm does not affect anyone on this forum!

FunDad62

Happy Thanksgiving!

@adiantum - I pay for the car behind me in restaurant drive-through's from time to time.  The other day someone paid for me.  It is indeed a nice treat.  Oh and Harper went to the groomers Monday.  She loves going there.  Gets so excited to see new people.

meyery2k

92 today.

Kala captioned this photo of Charlie, "Charlie regretting on his night of bad decisions".  He was just randomly standing there.  He wasn't being a bad dog, but he does knock the ornaments off the tree.

May be an image of dog and indoor

ran23

103 this morning.   Pumpkin Empanada (TJ) and coffee after. 

Edited by ran23
addition

IrinaHarr

149. A bite of stuffing and two of spuds to blame, had to go on a stationary bike for 40 min to get BG down. Stuffing was outstanding this year even if I say it myself :)

I think I am Addicted to Spuds - ha!

Edited by IrinaHarr

meyery2k

97 - I slow cooked a roast in a 250 oven until it could be shredded.  Made a gravy.  Had that, asparagus alfredo with a parmesan cheese crust, cranberry sauce, cheesecake, and champagne.  This was after an hour in the indoor bike trainer because it was raining.  Since it is just me and my son Tim, I just use paper plates and regular utensils.  My Mom and Grandmother would scold me on that.  It is a day to bring out the fancy stuff but I don't like cleaning up.  

For  Black Friday, I scored some $130 bike shoes for $50.  They are a discontinued model (which I don't care about) and this bright Aqua color.  I do love my bike bling lol...

61120-704_SHOE_RIME-10-MTB-SHOE-AQA-42_H

FunDad62

Not sure where that came from.  I'm back home after going to mom's for Thanksgiving.  For the fourth year we went to my best friends house and he and his wife hosted T'giving dinner for about a dozen folks.   I was best man at their wedding many moons ago and have been lifelong friends with them.

My daughter will make me drive us up to Lowe's today to get our Christmas tree and put it up.  Let the fun continue!

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 114.

I had company up for the long weekend and they are all left this morning at around 7. They hope to beat the traffic.

I am closing up the cottage for the season on Tuesday.