Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer

A 77 (4.28) today.  I got my lab results back today.  My A1c finally dropped to a 5.5 (it was 5.9).  My cholesterol dropped from 137 to 119.  My triglycerides went up 3 points to a 60.  So, I guess I can't complain about the  results, I just wish that I could lose weight, but nothing that I do works, so I'll  just have to be happy with my weight as it is.

adiantum

Great photo Mike, perhaps one day it will resemble those in Japan with white peaks?

Nice numbers Hammer, you have done well.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 153

The wind howling wind woke me up this morning rattling the windows, the wind is gusting at 15 to 25 mph (24 to 40 kph) and it is 11F (-11C) as the cold air comes down from Canada. 

adiantum

6.9 wondering why January is leaving so fast, now  I'm going to be forced to pack up the christmas decorations .

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  It's 29°F (-1.7°C) here today, and the wind is gusting at 15-20 mph (24-32 kph).  It's supposed to snow here Sunday and Monday, supposedly resulting in 8-9 inches (20-22 cm) of snow, so I'll be getting my snow blower ready for some fun action.  I feel good when we get snow and I have to use my  snow blower, as it makes me feel like it was worth the time and effort to swap out the mowing deck for the snow blower, which at my age is a real pain.

adiantum

Disappointed as I expected great numbers. I thought I'd solved my excessive evening  snacking habit by slowing the shovelling into my mouth.

It takes ages to shell peanuts while it keeps my hands busy.  

2164050_20539301_5056999.jpg.f3f837b0e3cabffe2efea775da7effb0.jpg

Diana_CT

They are forecasting 6 - 12 inches (15 - 30 cm) of snow beginning tomorrow afternoon ending Tuesday afternoon. That means PANIC!

I normally go grocery shopping on Mondays because the store isn't crowded but tomorrow it will be mobbed! The milk will be sold out, the same for bread, cold cuts and most of the staples. You would think that we are a that never saw snow before. 

IrinaHarr

166 this morning, ouch! fresh cinnamon raisin bread last night (quite late in the day). I was experimenting with cheap bread maker that came with no recipes in the manual, my Oster bread maker that died last week had variety of breads to be made and it looks like all those work with this new appliance as well. Chinese manual says "0.5 teaspoon yeast" on every basic recipe which could not possibly work, so I modified it according to Oster ingredients and it worked superb.

Hammer

I don't know if this qualifies as a "morning wake up reading", since I've been up all night, and it's now Sunday afternoon, but I just took a reading and it was another 86 (4.78).  They have changed the forecast here, so it now looks like it will be snowing all day (Sunday) and not stopping until Tuesday, which will give us 10-11 inches of snow. (25-28 cm.)

For those of us who live in an area where we get snow....is there anything more serene than watching the snowfall?  It's especially peaceful and serene when there is a heavy snowfall happening, and you can watch it at night.  It's so beautiful watching Mother Nature cover everything with this white, pristine snow, and it's usually quiet, since most cars are not out and about during a snowstorm, and you don't go out and clear off your sidewalks and driveways while it's still snowing, you wait until the snowfall has stopped, then you go out and clear the snow off of everything.

For those of you who don't live in an area that gets snowfalls, you are missing out on a beautiful act of Mother Nature.  

adiantum

I also enjoy the beauty of Winter.

The sky is blue & the gardens are bursting  in full bloom. Apart from our native plants, Camelias, Daffodils, Azaleas & oh so many daisies.

Everyone here also goes into panic shopping,  even if theres to be  a public holiday. 

Western Australia just had its first day of five for a covid lockdown & the shopping blitz was in full swing to prepare for it.

A security worker at a quarantine hotel became  infected with covid before mixing with the public. 

Lockdowns are taken seriously here. 

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-31/covid-quarantine-hotel-worker-tests-positive-in-perth-wa/13106968

adiantum

I didnt mean our covid testing to be a complaint. Things could  be a lot worse as is being planned in China.....

"China is enforcing strict new measures, including anal swab testing, as COVID-19 cases surge ahead of Lunar New Year, a time of high travel for the country

Groups deemed necessary for "close monitoring", including international arrivals, are being subjected to four tests — a nasal swab, a throat swab, a blood test and an anal swab  :blush: