Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

@Hammer

I don't know if this qualifies as a "morning wake up reading", since I've been up all night,

My definition of "morning wake up reading" is anything after 3 AM and before breakfast.

For those of us who live in an area where we get snow....is there anything more serene than watching the snowfall?  It's especially peaceful and serene when there is a heavy snowfall happening, and you can watch it at night.  It's so beautiful watching Mother Nature cover everything with this white, pristine snow, and it's usually quiet, since most cars are not out and about during a snowstorm, and you don't go out and clear off your sidewalks and driveways while it's still snowing, you wait until the snowfall has stopped, then you go out and clear the snow off of everything.

I agree.

My pastime during a snow storm is reading in front of the woodstove.

The guy who does my lawn also plows the driveway and sidewalks. I disagree through, waiting until it end before doing the driveway is okay for storms that only leave a few inches but for the long duration storms like tomorrow's where it supposed to snow from Monday morning until Tuesday evening with 8-12 inches sometimes it has to be done a couple of times, especially if it is wet snow. Tomorrow's storm will probably be wet heavy snow since the temperature is supposed to be above freezing.

Hammer

Diana, you are right about getting out there and clearing the snow if it's going to be a heavy snowfall.  What I failed to mention is that, my snow blower can accommodate a 17 inch snowfall, as that it the height of the snow blower attachment.  If we were going to get more snow than that, then I would go out and clear off the driveway before the snow ended.  There was a time when we got a 30 inch snowfall, so when I went out to clear off the driveway, I just raised the snow blower attachment up, drove a little way into the snow, then backed up and lowered the snow blower attachment to the ground, and drove back into the snow.  It took a lot longer to clear off my driveway doing it like that, but at least, my back didn't hurt.  My garden tractor has liquid filled tires for extra weight, as well as wheel weights for extra weight, and it's got 4 wheel drive, and I also have tire chains for it, so I should be good.

No matter how much snow we get here, I have always been able to clear off my driveway, but, in the event that I wasn't able to clear off my driveway...well, Spring is coming, so that will melt the snow for me.....not to mention that my Dodge Durango SUV, is an all wheel drive vehicle, so I could always get out of my driveway if I had to.

Hammer
38 minutes ago, TX_Clint said:

Well Hammer, it looks like I'm going to need to mow grass tomorrow and clean the pool. Darn. Dag nabit

Clint, if you need to mow your grass in the middle of winter, well, I'm glad that I don't live where you live because the summer heat there must be unbearable.  I like it cold, and when it's summer in my area, if the temperature gets to be over 90°F, with high humidity, I don't go outside, as the heat would almost kill me.

I do wonder....do you get snow in your area?  I would think not, but I don't really know.

FunDad62

That snowfall sounded beautiful....until y'all started all that talk about shoveling sidewalks and snow blowers and wet and heavy.  Lol.  I always thought I'd like to live in NC, halfway between the beach and the mountains.  Get all four seasons but not too much of any one of them.  Maybe one day.

Diana_CT

This morning’s reading was 178
I have no idea why it is so high, it must be because of the snow… Yeah that’s it! My numbers are high because of the snow.

It’s snowing here and the news shows are hyperventilating!

giphy.gif

We know it is snowing, we just have to look out the window. We know that there are plows out clearing the roads and the roads are slippery, we don’t need reporters around the state telling us the obvious none stop.

In my days (I’m officially over-the-hill so I can say that) the TV stations used to broadcast cartoons and kid’s shows when schools were canceled, now they have these tricked out SUV driving around showing  us the roads are snow covered.

ENOUGH!

Edited by Diana_CT

IrinaHarr

149 this morning, nixed bread and cookies from my yesterday menu. Fasting day today, back to normal and no cheating. Last month gained 10 lb which makes me feel angry, let my success slip because of holidays and then depression. Snapping out of it.

adiantum

Just dragged myself away from watching webcams  at Houghton tech. Its all white there too.

Wearing masks must be a bonus to keep the face warm.

Like you Irina, I've been feasting as if still in holiday mode.

Hammer

A 51 (2.8) today.  Yes, I just came in from clearing the snow off of my driveway, and before I finished, a second snowstorm began.  It looks like it's gonna snow until tomorrow, so I'll get to have more fun playing with my snow blower tomorrow.

Hammer

This is what you guys who don't get snow, are missing.  I just took this picture through my patio door.  The serenity of the quiet snowfall is fantastic...until the snow stops and everyone revs up their snow-blowers.  Click on the picture, then once you see the picture click on it again to enlarge it.

snowstorm.jpg

Edited by Hammer

FunDad62

Went to the cardiologist yesterday for a six month checkup.  He was very happy with my numbers and said he didn't need to see again me for another year.

The nurse took my vitals and my BP was 120/80 and my pulse was 80.  Textbook.  She was so excited she opened the door and rolled it out and showed the other nurses.  She said that's never happened to her before.  Lol.

Diana_CT

Today’s reading was 149 and today is my my second dose of Trulicity.

Okay the storm has passed and left about 14 inches of snow, I woke up to the sound of snow plows and snow blowers.

Hammer

A 76 (4.22) today.  I just got in from clearing off my driveway again, and we're just getting some light snow flurries.  I  felt bad for my one neighbor who lives on the other side of me.  I could hear him out there with his walk behind snow blower for a good while, before I even got dressed.  Once I was dressed, I opened my garage door, drove my tractor out, engaged the snow blower, and 5 minutes later I was finished....he was still out the using his snow blower.  I thought about offering to help, but he was nearly finished.

adiantum

I was too tired to particiate in the evening snacking frenzy.

I slept 12 hours yesterday, just waking for bathroom breaks.

Back to taking iron tabs hoping that fixes the prob. I guess being pescetarian has some drawbacks.

Hammer
4 hours ago, adiantum said:

I was too tired to particiate in the evening snacking frenzy.

I slept 12 hours yesterday, just waking for bathroom breaks.

Back to taking iron tabs hoping that fixes the prob. I guess being pescetarian has some drawbacks.

Lee, I admire your will power to continue being a pescetarian.  If you think that by eating that way might be causing you to feel really tired, then just try eating a small amount of beef every day for just one week, and see how you feel.  If you still feel the same, then stop eating beef, and continue with your pescetarian eating habits, as that is not what is making you feel tired.  I'm wishing you all the best in finding out why you feel tired.