Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

That's not going to happen Hammer, but thanks for trying to solve my problem.

Bovines etc are inteligent animals & are aware of fear & pain just as humans are before being murdered.

I'll not be responsible for that. I feel bad enough that fish are being killed, which is why I am mostly vegetarian.

Great dinner last night..eggplant & onion cooked in olive oil, layered with tomato soup & cheese.

I dislike tomatoes but love tomato soup.

19 hours ago, Hammer said:

If you think that by eating that way might be causing you to feel really tired, then just try eating a small amount of beef every day for just one week, and see how you feel.

IrinaHarr

155 today, late night working yesterday and ate late in the day. 

My cairn breeder called and asked for a favor, she sold a puppy Lucky 8 years ago and lady that got him (she lives close to us) must to go to assisted living very soon and Lucky needs re-homing. We have to drive half way to MN this weekend to reunite Lucky with his mom. I am getting excited about this rescue operation; per her breeder's contract everyone that decides to give up the puppy they bought from her MUST return this puppy to breeder, and she herself will find this puppy another loving home. I asked her why and she said she wanted to be sure none of her babies ended up at a puppy mill or suffered in any way just because owners gave them up. This is the first time it happened though, she never had to find another home for her pups. I will be delighted to know Lucky had his happily ever after home and I participated to help with that :)

Hammer

A 58 (3.2) today.  Sorry Lee, I misunderstood what you meant when you said that you were feeling tired, and that your pescetarian diet had some drawbacks.  I thought  that meant that you were considering eating some other type of protein.  Sorry,  my bad.

adiantum

@IrinaHarr            ❤️  ❤️  ❤️

That Cairn is truly a lucky boy. He will be sad about missing his aged carer but wow.. he will love having you & other cairns.

Its a great system . I knew cav CKCS  breeders here take back cavs that become homeless but I didnt know  they found other cav families to re-home them.

That does make me feel better. Dogs like the company of their own breed , its as if they speak the same language.

No need to apologise hammer. I appreciate your always trying to help

FunDad62

House update:  Today is the final day for the financing contingency in the contract, and these owners still have not responded.  We told their agent yesterday that if we didn't have something in writing by this morning, we were cancelling the contract.  That would be disappointing as I wanted the house, I've spent over a month on this and over $1,000 on inspections and survey.  I just can't figure out what in the world is wrong with these people.  I've never dealt with such difficult sellers before.  Lesson learned;   don't spend a penny on a house you're trying to buy until after you've confirmed you can get insurance on it.

IrinaHarr
16 hours ago, adiantum said:

That Cairn is truly a lucky boy. He will be sad about missing his aged carer but wow.. he will love having you & other cairns.

Turns out Lucky is our puppy girl's Snap's weird uncle - her mom's sibling a litter or two litter older than Snap's mom herself. So Lucky is literally a family or at least some branch on a cairns family tree :)

155 today, not sure what's going on with me I used to have really good numbers after a fasting day...

Diana_CT

@FunDad62 

When I bought my cottage on Cape Cod, I had a hard time finding insurance for the cottage. One was worried about flooding during a storm... I'm 40 feet abut sea level! I ended up talking to the real estate agent and she gave me a list of insurance agents who have insured other cottage.

adiantum

So Snap the cairn has a weird uncle .......... I used to have 3 :D

1 used to talk to himself.

1 was really nice apart from rolling around laughing  when I couldnt stop a horse or if I fell overboard into  the river etc.... my kind of humor.

The other one was always cranky, but that mustve been when I was taught ' dont get upset, get even".

If my fav cousin or I would get into trouble, we would clean the dogs teeth with his toothbrush & put it back in the cup unwashed.

A loving family? nah, but it was a lot of fun:rofl:

Watched a TV show last night  that claimed  the lack of sleep & gut bacteria was  causing high blood glucose & obesity.

Taking a prebiotic  or high fibre diet  seemed to be the answer. The high fibre recomended was high carb  lentils & chickpeas.

Probiotics: Living strains of bacteria that add to the population of good bacteria in your digestive system. Prebiotics: Specialized plant fiber that acts as food for the good bacteria. This stimulates growth among the preexisting good bacteria.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

A 43 (2.38) today.  I hate when it's that low...it makes it hard to sleep, so I have to get up and eat a few glucose tablets, then I can get back to sleep.

Diana_CT

For Supper Bowl Sunday the weather forecast is... possible snow with a possible accumulation of anywhere from a dusting to over a foot, but it is also possible instead of snow we get one or two inches of rain and the temperature forecast is anywhere from in the high 20s to the low 40s, but the meteorologist are also saying that the storm could miss us all together.

The problem is that the storm moving across the country is going to reform off the coast and they don't exactly where it will form, a hundred miles is all it takes for us to get a blizzard or a nice sunny day.

FunDad62

Forecast isn't so promising for Tampa and the game.  Thunderstorms possible.  71F at game time.

IrinaHarr

148 today.

Great news for cairn Lucky - he already has an awesome home to go to, some couple from our cairns cub in Minneapolis area who had cairns for the last 20 year. They currently have a 16 yr old girl and are looking forward to welcome Lucky in their family, could not have had a better arrangement if we tried :)

Clueless people talking about diabetes sometimes make my fists itch, last year at the restaurant I asked for something low carb like extra steamed broccoli and waitress started ranting about someone with diabetes she knew eating lots of pasta and rice no problem. I get that a lot, best way to answer this is "Are you a doctor?" which usually shuts them up. 🥦

meyery2k
1 hour ago, IrinaHarr said:

ranting about someone with diabetes she knew eating lots of pasta and rice no problem. I get that a lot, best way to answer this is "Are you a doctor?" which usually shuts them up.

Another one is, you should eat a lot of fruit :)

meyery2k

101 today.

Yesterday afternoon had a bit of rain and 20mph north winds.  That is an unusual wind direction so the ride was a little harder in the headwinds and I guess I ride north more than south lol...

After the effort, I was rewarded with a nice sunset.

It is 63 this morning so we (me and 2 cats) are cloistered together to stay warm.  Older housing is not insulated so it gets chilly inside.

May be an image of twilight and cloud

adiantum

With the covid  social distancing, are spectators allowed at the super bowl?

spectators have been denied at the main football & cricket matches here but tennis must  be worth more $'s as spectators are permitted there.

Its just past 5am here Ran...my bathroom calls me  around 4am

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

A 50 (2.77) today.  Mike, another one that I hear is, but it's all natural, or it's organic.  Then there is, "But it's whole grains."  I think that a lot of these misconceptions are due to doctors giving out bad advice, and commercials advertising that whole grains are good for you, or that, organically grown foods are good for you, with no consideration for the number of carbs in those foods.  Sure, organically grown leafy green vegetables are good for a diabetic, but not organically grown corn, peas, potatoes, etc.(are there organically grown potatoes?)

Another one that gets me is, "Well, a little bit this one time won't hurt you", as if this is the only time this week that someone has said that to you.  If you just had "a little bit", every time someone said that, you'd have "a little bit" seven days a week.

FunDad62

@adiantum - Yes they are allowing limited seating at the super bowl.  I heard tickets were going for $11,000 each.  Next weekend is the start of the Nascar racing season which kicks off with the Daytona 500.  I'll be there.  Also limited seating.  I went to a race last August and there was no one sitting within 10 seats of me, so I felt comfortable.  Plus of course it's outdoors.