Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

146 today. Making waffles this morning, my puppy boy heard whipped cream being distributed and got really exited :)

adiantum

Janice, The long narrow red envelope with gold decoration is a Chinese tradition as a symbol of good luck.

It contains crisp new monies & given at the luna new year to children, family & friends.

Google  " red envelope " & read of the wonderful traditions.

Hammer

A 64 (3.55) today.  Don't you hate it when you get a bill, in my case, from the hospital, so you send them a check, then, a few weeks later they send you a refund check for the amount you sent them, stating that was an over payment?

FunDad62

I'm here for the Daytona 500 today.  Not looking too promising.  Been storming/raining for days and during the night last night.  If there's one drop of water on the track they won't race.  Could be delayed hours or be a complete rainout and they'd try again tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.  Maybe they'll race in-between rain bands or something.

adiantum

8 &  feeling awful with  an  allergy I  suspect to be fish.

Maybe Ive been eating it too much.

Ive been blamming the iron tabs as I feel great early mornings but flu like during the day.

So, I had  fish pieces before bed last night & woke up feeling very unwell. 

IrinaHarr

I woke up 5am today and started packing for a trip, an hour later after sweating and running up and down the stairs a lot I tested 168. Back home now, Lucky was reunited with his tribe, we are expecting before / after photos when his breeder groom him (right now he is a fluffball) :)

It was -4F when we left this morning and -14F when we got half way North where we randevouz with the cairn terrier peeps. They said it was -24F when they left home, girls were so bundled up that our Snap did not recognize them at first ... we went inside Iowa information stop to talk. I was stupid enough to take off my gloves for 3 min, thought I was losing my fingers...

20210213_161724.jpg

IrinaHarr

162 this morning, had my meds yesterday only once when I go t back home (I hardly ever take metformin based meds when I travel, saves time looking for the next bathroom). I do not remember Nebraska being this cold, plus wind with windchill -28F; it ends on Wednesday when temp climbs to 15F and all next week is 39-45F. Our mayor asked to conserve electricity for these 3 days, i.e. wear sweaters at home and lower temps in the house just couple degrees. Omaha Public Power district is afraid of local transformers overload and power outages. 🎐

FunDad62

Don't know what my reading is this morning as I left my bag with my meter in it in my buddy's car after he dropped me off from the race.  Meeting up with him later to get it.  The race...wow.  What a day.  By the time we got to our seats the weather looked really good.  Some blue sky, no dark clouds.  They had all the pre-race festivities (Luke Combs played a few songs; Michael Jordan was there as he co-owns a one-car team that's new this year) and dropped the green flag.  15 laps in to it, it got dark and there was a lightning proximity warning so they stopped the race and made us all leave out seats.  We sat.  And sat.  And sat.  For five and a half hours it stormed and rained buckets.  Finally the rain left and the jet dryer trucks spend an hour on the track and the race resumed at 9:15.  Checkered flag dropped a few minutes after midnight.  And the temperature had dropped 20 degrees and it was COLD sitting out there for two hours in shorts!  I bought a $35 tee shirt just to put over my naked legs.  But, the race was fun to watch and I got to hang out with my best bud and his son.  I think I'm good on going to races for awhile.  A couch in my living room in front of the television is much more comfortable!

Edited by FunDad62

adiantum

7 & feeling good.

I had no fish nor iron tabs yesterday , so I still dont know the cause of the allergy.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 136

It is a mixed up, muddled up, shook up weather, Texas has an ice storm while here in Connecticut it is supposed to bein the 50s (10C) today. 

FunDad62

Still meter-less.  Wasn't able to meet my buddy so he is mailing my stuff to me.  I have another meter but no lancet pen.

janice21475
On 2/13/2021 at 3:31 PM, adiantum said:

Janice, - - - - Google  " red envelope " & read of the wonderful traditions.

Hi Lee, Thanks for that bit of information. Hope you have a great day.

Lots of downed tree limbs this morning, Storms last night but nothing serious, here anyway.

Cheers!