Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer

A 75 (4.17) today.  I cleared the new snowfall off of my driveway today...more fun playing with my snow blower.  It's supposed to snow again this Saturday, and again next Tuesday, but the temperatures will be too warm for there to any real accumulation.😞

adiantum

My dog went to the groomers yesterday, so he's a really pretty boy now. Those groomers are really gifted people.

He enjoys visiting there until it's time to go into the salon.. or maybe he just enjoys her chasing him & carrying him in there lol.

He's even good to be bathed, dried &  clipped but he hates having his nails done.

He usually screams as if she's trying to cut his throat & he makes out he'll bite  her, while she calmy carries on with the task.

Yesterday was very different, there wasnt a bark nor bite about him. He was so quiet I could hear his nails being clipped.

The difference was pride. Another male Cavalier arrived during his session & waited in the salon beside him, so my boy put on a very brave front.

FunDad62

New closing date for the house is March 26th.  Roofers said they might get started later this week but most likely next week.  Hopefully we can move the closing up a little after that's completed.  I swear I've bought and sold a dozen houses in my life and none have ever come close to taking this long.  Even my realtor said this was the longest one he's ever had.

adiantum

Listening to "overnights" on abc radio. The host  Trevor Chappell ,discussed being caught out in the supermarket  when talking to himself.

To the onlooker he said " It's ok , I'm self employed & just  having a staff meeting" :rofl:

FunDad, I dont envy roofers having to work in those low temps your experiencing.

adiantum

After testing my wake up reading,  had a big breakfast of roasted vegetables & toast.

Then went back to bed for another 5hour sleep. Woke up with the same reading.

I intend testing more often after hearing of an 80 yr olds   traumatic experience. she's in rehab after having her leg amputated.

Its bad enough for a young person to adjust but how is an 80yr old to manage?

she'd been through extreme pain  for many months trying to save the leg but it just got worse.

It began with poor circulation. she wouldnt tell me what her A1c had been but it couldve been higher as she'd often scoff at my food choices.

She'd also insist that she was type1 as she had to go on insulin.

I'm sure I'd forget I had D if I didnt post here daily... & I need my legs, so that was a horrible wake up call for me.

Hammer

A 65 (3.6) today.  I'm in one of my glucose vs insulin cycles again.  My wake up readings have been low, so I've been decreasing my nightly Lantus dose to try and get my readings up.  I was taking 77 units of Lantus every night at around 11 pm.  I'm now down to 54 units, and my readings are still too low.  This happens all of the time, and it won't be long before I find the correct dose and my readings will be back in the 70's, then, my readings will slowly rise again, so I'll need to increase my dose again.  This is why I get irritated when the doctor asks me how many units I take every night, as if the number of units is always the same.🙄

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 139.

I got my second Moderna vaccination yesterday, no side effects other than a sore arm. No fever, no nausea, no chills, no swollen Lymph Nodes, nor any vomiting. Yes to tiredness but then I am always tired.

IrinaHarr

156 today, clouds creeping in again. Today I get my vaccine shot, people that I know had first and even second dose and had NO side effects. Hope it works for me the same way. 💉

adiantum

It really is good to see you DF'ers are being & have been vaccinated.

The US has more covid cases then  our entire population, so I've  been  concerned for you.

Oh no... I was just looking at the windowsill 2ft away ....as a tiny  mouse ran along it. 

Theyre cute critters but I dont want them in my house.

There always seems too be some unpleasant  issue I have to deal with.

Hammer

A 68 (3.77) today.  I agree Lee, when you own a house, there is always something that needs your attention.  If it's not something needing to be repaired or replaced, it's pests like carpenter ants, carpenter bees, hornets, mice, termites, wasps, etc.  

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 128.

Today starts the pothole season. 

When during the day the temperatures are above freezing but at night the temperatures drop below freezing causing prime conditions to grow potholes. 

Also it is prime weather for maple syrup harvesting, the change in temperatures is also great for tapping the maple trees. Connecticut while not a big producer of maple syrup, there are plenty of sugar shacks around. Of course being diabetic we only dream of pouring maple syrup on a stack buttery of blueberry pancakes. Sigh. 

IrinaHarr

163 today, slightly elevated. No other side effects of covid vaccine injection, I've got Moderna.

News about Lucky cairn - he was successfully adopted by a loving family, he got new collar, new dog bed in the home office and a new name "Geordi". I think new owners are trekkies :)

FunDad62

Heading up to GA in a few minutes to go to a funeral.  The dad of a lifelong friend and ex-fire department buddy.  He was 89 and ill so it wasn't unexpected.  Still, never easy.  I know.

I signed up to get the vaccine and got a call to call and schedule.  I dialed the number 42 times before I got through.  The first question he asked was "You're over 65, right?"  I said no and he said I don't qualify yet and I would have to wait. :( 

IrinaHarr

FunDad, is there an on-line scheduling for this in your area? Usually it is 65+ and special conditions like diabetics that you can choose from menu on scheduling page. May be not yet, but worth a look-see.

meyery2k

92 today.  I am on the wait list as I am considered an essential worker but it will be a while.  We are back to less than 10 new cases per day on average so I will continue to exercise vigilance.  I might still consider a mask after this.  I noticed no one around me really got sick this winter with flu or colds.