Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer

An 88 (4.89) today.  Well, 49°F is a nice temperature to do things outside.  Heck, when I was going to the gym and jogging, I would get home and go for a jog in temperatures below 30°F (-1.1°C).  I would wear jogging shorts, a tee shirt, and jogging shoes....no jacket or other outer wear!  By the time I ended my run, I was sweating and there was steam coming off of my body...it was great!  These days, if I had to run for my life, I'd probably die.😃

FunDad62

Back to work this morning after a week and a half off.  Been warm the last few days but 43 this morning.  I haven't been able to work on my porch in the mornings a lot this winter so far.  Too cold.

Diana_CT

I am emailing my endo over my high numbers, I am concerned with my high numbers

Overnight we had a dusting, just enough to make it a beautiful morning...

20210104_075025+%25282%2529.jpg

meyery2k

Just got word that Gail is in hospital.  She apparently collapsed while walking from her car to work.  Not sure what is wrong.  COVID test was negative so far.  I texted with her briefly just now and she seems to be in good spirits.

adiantum

sorry to read of Gail being ill & wish her a speedy recovery.

Pretty pic Diana

meyery2k

92 today.  Gail is still in hospital.  Bit of a mystery since all tests, so far, are negative.  More tests today.

I almost got to visit the hospital myself.  Every instinct immediately screamed "STAND"! and the result was the photo and a story rather than an injury or even a crash.  I was close enough to home that I could ride in while still standing.  For those that remember the old Benny Hill show where the bike seat falls off in a skit, it stops being funny when it starts being you...

Image may contain: bicycle, text that says 'PROFILE AZERO ESIC 01/04/2021 15:08'

adiantum

I'm not enjoying this year.

1st & 2nd days  under heavy rain & the rusty roof leaked.

3rd day.. creepy photographer in the park.

4th day.. real creepy men in the other dogs park.

5th day.. computer playing up.. eventually realised it was just the keyboard. Picked it up & thick liquid poured out.

The bag of  lychees I had beside it to feed the Rainbow Lorikeets leaked.

6th day.. $89 for a new keyboard.

Mike your day couldve been a lot worse. So lucky you stood up.

There has to be easier ways to visit Gail.

Edited by adiantum

2coolChess

Hi. No one can go back in time to change what has happened, so work on your present to make yourself a wonderful future. Happy New Year everyone!

janice21475
On 1/4/2021 at 10:43 AM, meyery2k said:

Just got word that Gail is in hospital. 

Hope it is something simple and treatable. I will pray for both of you. Please take good care of yourself.

janice21475
23 hours ago, meyery2k said:

92 today.  Gail is still in hospital.  Bit of a mystery since all tests, so far, are negative.  More tests today.

I almost got to visit the hospital myself.  Every instinct immediately screamed "STAND"! and the result was the photo and a story rather than an injury or even a crash.  I was close enough to home that I could ride in while still standing.  For those that remember the old Benny Hill show where the bike seat falls off in a skit, it stops being funny when it starts being you...

Imagine the stress placed on that tiny seat. Hope you get a new one made of something substantial. I bet the folks at the bike shop have just the thing for you. Maybe it's  time to get a new bike. You have put many miles on this one. If the seat failed, something else is due to break. I would like to think you have a tag on the bike that says, 'In case of emergency - notify Forum friends/diabetes forums.com'

Sending a hug for Gail & you, too.

meyery2k
2 minutes ago, janice21475 said:

Maybe it's  time to get a new bike

Everything on a bike is replaceable  (for a cost) except the frame.  So, in time, with parts you eventually replace nearly everything.  The frame is aluminum so it should have a long life.  The only thing that will really destroy an aluminum frame is cracking or severe bending.

adiantum

7.1 coming to you from my sensitive new keyboard..

Yay FunDad... so happy for you.