Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer
1 hour ago, TX_Clint said:

80 today. Still scheduled for my vaccine on Sunday. And, Hammer, my Technician exam two weeks from Saturday.

That's great Clint!  Do you have an "Elmer" to help you with your exam?  Once you pass the exam, do you have an idea of what equipment that you want to get for your station?

adiantum

7.3 & I cant explain that.

Dinner was 20g although I slept soundly for 11 hours  with just one bathroom visit.

Maybe I dreamt of food beside mowing , doing a huge laundry & twice posted my fasting numbers, which inluded an image of a  beautiful turtle.

statdeac
15 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I signed up to get the vaccine and got a call to call and schedule.  I dialed the number 42 times before I got through.  The first question he asked was "You're over 65, right?"  I sI aid no and he said I don't qualify yet and I would have to wait. :( 

I feel your pain and frustration, FunDad.  I am under 65 with multiple risk factors and am in the last group to qualify to receive the vaccine in NC before the general public....

Diana_CT

Day 3 after "the shot" I have had no side effects other than a sore arm for my second Moderna vaccination.

Here in Connecticut I went through VAMS to schedule my vaccinations (those who do not have access to the internet can call 411), after I created my account a map popped up with all the places around that offered vaccinations. When you clicked on a the location a calendar opened up showing the open dates and times, I clicked on a clinic in Middletown CT that showed the earliest opening. I selected that time, VAMS confirmed my appointment and had me print out a QR code.

When I got to the clinic they checked my temperature, scanned the QR code, checked my driver license, and told me to sit over there. My butt had not even touched the chair when they called out my name. I got the shot, set the timer on my phone for 15 minutes and sat down to play a couple of wicked games of solitaire and left.

Maybe that is why Connecticut is sixth in the nation for administering the shots. No fuss no muss.

FunDad62

The singles and supplies were delivered to my new house yesterday.  Finally, some activity.  Should have a new roof my middle of next week.  Now the closing is set for the 18th.  Like throwing darts.  I was really hoping I could get in there by the end of March and end my lease here a month early and have no rent or mortgage payment in April.  Still might happen.

The guy told me they were getting a lot more vaccinations in so he thought I'd be able to get it in the next month or two.

IrinaHarr

159 today, and I have no side effects from my Moderna vaccination two days ago. They are vaccinating age 65+ here too, myself I just got a call from small pharmacy location asking if I want to get vaccinated and they have opening on 24th. I think my hubby was calling everybody to get me on the early list - our doctor, centers for vaccination, even our senator. His argument was that he is legally disabled and I am his only caretaker, and two days later I got the call to schedule vaccination and I took it. Hubby gets vaccinated tomorrow with 65+ group, he got email / text to schedule online and he did. Very organized here too, and not too many people.

Diana_CT

The weather forecast for my little corner on Connecticut is light rain all day but the best part is that the temperature is going to be in the mid-40s (7C) for the next 3 days.

FunDad62

Weather here has been gorgeous all week.  I might go over to the farmers market this morning.  I haven't been since covid happened and I used to go every other week or so.  Maybe a walk on the beach today too.

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, adiantum said:

7.3 on this the last day of February... 

Not so fast... on this side we a still have Sunday to go. 😁

adiantum

:D I'll arrange to have it sent up there to you this evening. 

Its very warm & sunny so I recommend you wear shorts & a hat & go somewhere for a picnic.

29 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

Not so fast... on this side we a still have Sunday to go. 😁

FunDad62

Sitting on the porch this morning.  Cloudy but not cold and the birds are all chirping.  Been awhile since I could sit out here and not be too cold.

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, adiantum said:

@Diana_CT Is it there yet?

Enjoy your special delivery of Sunday.🌞

Yes, it arrived right on schedule, a little over 7 hours ago.

This morning's (Sunday morning) reading was 133.

Yesterday was very, very foggy all day, I couldn't even see the ground floor of the house across the street. It was almost 50 degrees (10C), no wind and drizzling but with the snow still on the ground there was a dense layer of fog about ten feet high (3m). Very eerie when I looked out of my second floor, it was like looking out on the tops of clouds you couldn't see the ground through the fog.

IrinaHarr

153 today. Yesterday temp hit 56F for the last day of February, it was calm and I had to shrug off winter jacket while walking the dogs. Snow in the back yard almost all melted, started cutting back dead plant stalks. On the other side - very muddy paws hit my kitchen floor several times a day 🐾