Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

meyery2k

92 today.  Loaded my bike in the truck yesterday and went to Waikoloa.  Sunny there but quite windy.  A goat crossing the road nearly ran into me.  Never though of goats as a cycling hazard.

May be an image of ocean and text

May be an image of body of water and nature

May be an image of body of water and nature

janice21475

Mike, I loved the picture of the dock in the little harbor. What a grand day to be out and about.

adiantum

6.9 on the first day of Autumn/Fall  . It just takes a day or two for the temp to drop, so today will still be in the low 90'sF

The Currawongs have done their usual migration down from the mountains to spend Autumn &Winter on the coast. 

Five lined up for breakfast this morning  with 5 Kookaburras & serveral smaller species  join in for the scraps.

Such songs makes  it a wonderful start to a day.

Hammer

And yet, another 76 (4.22) today.  I was just reading that Australia has migratory birds, but I didn't see mention of geese.  Here in the states, we have a yearly ritual of geese flying south for the winter, then flying back north for the spring and summer.  For those of you who have actually seen a flock of geese flying south or north, as you've noticed, they always fly in a Vee formation.  Have you ever noticed that one side of the Vee is always longer than the other side?  Do you know why that is?....because there are more geese on that side.🙄

Diana_CT

On this Monday morning the first day of March my reading was 128. 

@Hammer Unfortunately many geese have not been flying south for the winter, they have decided to stick around uninvited for the whole year creating a year round nucence. 

FunDad62

We have geese here year-round and like Diana, they are a nuisance.  Loud honk, honk, honking day and night.  Gangs of them walk all over the grass.  They poop everywhere.  I keep asking myself "I wonder what goose would taste like for Christmas dinner?"

Diana_CT
19 minutes ago, FunDad62 said:

I keep asking myself "I wonder what goose would taste like for Christmas dinner?"

You are not the only one thinking that.

When I went to grad school they had a lawn tractor with a rotary brush on front that twice a day they swept the sidewalk of geese poop.

Many years ago a friend's 10 year old daughter got attacked by geese at a park. She was eating a hot dog when about 6 or 7 geese attacked her for the hot dog.

I am not a fan of geese.

IrinaHarr

151 this morning, went for another long walk in the park yesterday although it was not as nice as Saturday. Weather man promised 65F next week (18C).

Diana, looks like you BG numbers are getting better! ✔️

meyery2k

96.  Goose is great to eat.  Leaner than turkey.  Not much at all like chicken.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 121

The cold weather and wind  that was in the mid-west has moved east.

Right now at 8 AM it is 16F out (-9C) with winds gusting at 45 mph (72kph), but don't worry tomorrow it is supposed to be in the 50s (10C) and only a light wind.

IrinaHarr

133 today, looking forward to nice week of 50s and 60s temps in the forecast. 

I was dreaming about going to church for Easter Sunday, by that time my 2nd shot will be done and a week passed after it. Sounds like the end of a nightmare 🌈

TX_Clint

117 today

Governor Greg Abbott addressed small business and community leaders of the Lubbock Chamber of Commerce as part of a statewide announcement on Tuesday, March 2, 2021 in Lubbock. During the news conference the governor said “it is now time to open Texas 100 percent”.

Effective Wednesday, March 10, all businesses of any type are allowed to fully reopen. “Removing state mandates does not end personal responsibility,” he said.

Gov. Abbott also ended the mask mandate for the state.

Last week in Corpus Christi, Gov. Abbott announced a program to vaccinate homebound seniors. He also suggested Texas will soon move into its third vaccination priority group this month. He did say at that time that with more people receiving the vaccine, he could roll back restrictions. He said, “We’re working right now on evaluating when we are going to be able to remove all statewide orders, and we will be making announcements about that pretty soon.”

According to the Texas Department of State Health Services hospital data, all COVID hospitalizations out of total hospital capacity has been below the 15% threshold since February 26, 2021.

adiantum

Got up at 5am again.It's still dark outside so I'll sit a while with coffee then  drive the dog to his park.

The cooler days are here . From 90F Monday to 70F today

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 116

Since I started Trulicity a little over six weeks ago I lost 6 pounds.

FunDad62

I just saw that daylight savings time starts in a week and a half.  Ugh.  Why can't they just leave it alone as God intended!!!