Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

Reading back on some posts it looks as if I was drunk. I tried to shop online last night & it wouldnt accet my password.

OK, I decided to get a new password  & one without an n in it.... but  not even that worked as  the confirmed password didnt match the new one.

Evetually I had to copy & paste it.

IrinaHarr

Still no strips, getting some delivered tomorrow. We have sunshine after 6 days of rain and clouds, amazing how a little sun lifts the spirit 🌞

janice21475
19 hours ago, adiantum said:

7.8 I'm getting tired of this keyboards  quirks . I have to re read my posts before clicking submit to remove the repeated letters.

The lettering is super sensitive except for the letter 'n' which sometimes refuses to print .

It causes most  issues in passwords where I cant see.

Hi, If memory serves me correctly, it is possible to adjust the sensitivity of the keyboard to touch. Just how to do that has fled my mind.

Came across this delightful video of a Currawong vocalizing. 

Hope you have a nice day. and get your keyboard tamed. :)

Hammer

A 78 (4.33) today.  It just shows me how my insulin resistance and my insulin production can vary so much.  I was taking 78 units of Lantus every night, then my numbers started to drop, so I lowered my Lantus dose.  In order to get my 78 reading today, I've had to lower my Lantus down by 38 units...down to 40 units at night.  It won't take long before my numbers will begin to rise again, and I'll have to increase my Lantus dose.

adiantum

We've had so much rain that  to get to the car i have to walk through ankle deep water.

Its going to get worse  when  that which is falling up the coast  is due here Saturday. Over two days theyve had 303m / 11.9 ".

That is a region I am hoping to move to, so a good chance to see flooded pics & match the streets for future reference.

Yay FunDad...I'm so happy for you.

Thanks @janice21475, I'll look it up. I even wondered if a mouse had peed on it. Theyres a plague of them  & sadly Ive had to use baits.

I told ones little body I was sorry I cause it an agonising death  as I took it outside, but I can smell another this morning.

Ive always loved the Currawongs as they welcomed me to their mountain with that wonderful song when I used to go camping.

They come down Autumn & Winter & have visited me for treats for many years. One was recognisable by the scaly mite infested legs but shes not been here for 3 years when she was looking poorly ,  yet her descendants have followed tradition.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer
On 3/17/2021 at 1:46 PM, TX_Clint said:

81 this morning. I hope to get on the air today.

So, have you gotten on the air Clint?  If so, how did you like it?

TX_Clint

BG running at 110 tonight. I've been really busy all of a sudden with the yard damages from the severe cold weather. Dead plantings and trees everywhere. Nasty pool from sitting for almost a month etc.. I did get on the air for about 30 minutes with a local but that's it. Opportunities will come I guess. Only 3 repeaters on 2 meter here that I've gotten programmed.

IrinaHarr

159 today, I did a lot of work in the yard yesterday - must be energy from sunshine. 

FunDad - are you a homeowner now?

Hammer
3 hours ago, TX_Clint said:

I did get on the air for about 30 minutes with a local but that's it. Opportunities will come I guess. Only 3 repeaters on 2 meter here that I've gotten programmed.

Was the local friendly, and how did you feel, making your very first contact?

TX_Clint

91 today. First contact was a friendly conversation. I pleased me that all worked as planned.

adiantum

6.8 Theres so much rain here on the coast. The  regions burnt out in 2019 are now flooded with many evacuated.

Yesterday I dug trenches for the water to escape from pathways declaring I'm too old for this.

This rain had been predicted , so I had a big grocery order in case I was homebound.

I waded through the front yard to greet the delivery guy & had him leave my groceries out on the footpath/sidewalk.

I couldnt expect him to wade through ankle deep water. I kept reminding myself how worse things couldve been.......

I couldve had to actually go into the store to shop :(. I love online shopping.

Today is for cooking & freezing. I bought 6 eggplants , 3 pumpkins, 3 garlics ,4 cans tomato soup & 3 bags of grated cheese.

If we lose electricity supply... they will have to certify me .:rofl:

FunDad62

@IrinaHarr - Yes!  Already started working on it.  Replaced toilet seats (ewww).  Bought four ceiling fans to hang.  Back in the life!  Movers aren't  available until the 15th so that'll be official moving day.  Gives me plenty of time to do the work and move smaller things.  I just love the back yard on the small lake.  Had two ducks waddling through my yard the other day.  Have seen a couple of geese resting in the shade in my grass.

@adiantum - How do you cook your eggplant?  I have one in the fridge I need to do something with.

meyery2k

95 today and showery this morning.  Hoping, as on most days, it will diminish as the day wears on.  Gives me a chance to do things I should be doing lol...

We have had about 20" of rain this month.

adiantum

7.8 It was 6.1 at  2am when I couldnt get to sleep when hungry. I guess I got up & ate the wrong things.

FunDad, eggplants are quite new to me & my latest addiction.

Google recipes but I cut up onion & cook in olive oil  until translucent then transfer to caserole/baking dish.

I slice eggplant about 2cm thick & fry in olive oil until almost translucent then . lay that over the onion.

Cover it with canned tomato soup,then grated cheese. Bake 30mins until cheese melts.

Pasta sauce is also good. I must try other methods as I'll often eat one slice as I wait for the others to cook & it is so nice.

They built houses strong those days as this house stayed intact when floating  over half a mile down the flooded river.

Theres a video in the link showing how fast the house travelled.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03-21/nsw-weather-event-sweeps-away-couples-home-on-wedding-day/13264610

A house surrounded by water

IrinaHarr

149 today, lots of things to do in the yard and garden in the sunshine :)