Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Hammer

A 72 (4.0) today.  My mother and sister make eggplant by slicing it thin, dipping it in beaten egg, then dipping it in bread crumbs, then frying it until it's brown, then covering it in tomato sauce.  They would also sometimes add mozzarella cheese and bake it until the cheese was melted to get eggplant parmesan.

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

On this beautiful spring Sunday morning my reading was 135.

Went walking yesterday, I only walked a mile but it was the second time in about a year walking. 

FunDad62

Daughter and I drove up to GA yesterday and visited with mom for half a day.  One of her neighbors has two grapefruit trees and told her to take as many as she wants (they only live there part-time).  We've been over a few times to pick them and went yesterday for probably the last time this season.  Got 33 grapefruit!  I love grapefruit but never buy it so this is a nice treat.

IrinaHarr

155 today, looking forward to another nice day outdoors. I am getting pansies in a drp-in biodegradable pot - if it gets cold i will take it inside the garage.

Lee, sorry to hear folks are losing their homes to flood, hope there are no fatalities.

FunDad,  great job scheduling moving date a little later to be able to clean and fix the place before bringing your things in. We were moving interstate and movers were waiting for us right after the closing, i had no chance even to vacuum. Had to push things around to do the cleaning after we have moved (and the place was filthy).

adiantum

7.6  suspicion is on the coffee liqueur I recently bought..... Mr.Black .

These floods are dreadful. so many  people evacuated,one person missing & thousands off animals dead. 190 cows just from one farm drowned.

A newsreporter was standing beside a house showing the renmant water marks  about 2ft above his head.

As he described the horrific events, I could hear a frog in the background.

Another thing that amused me is a politician avoiding the words " climate warming"  by saying these floods are a 1 in 50 yr event.

Then she extended it to 1in 100yrs....  while the meteriologists say " the highest ever three-day total since records began in 1889."

Ummmm that's 122 years in my reckoning .

LOL @FunDad62 I  wonder if your mums neighbour realised she'd want 33 grapefruits..........what are you going to do with so many esp when movig house.

FunDad62

@adiantum - She gives a lot to her friends.  Some to me.  And she eats a good bit.  I bet she's harvested close to 100 this season.  The neighbors want her to take them all since they're not there and don't want them to go to waste.

Diana_CT

My weekly Trulicity shot is tomorrow, I noticed that my reading slowly climb up toward the end of the weekly shot.

Spring is in the air!

No really spring is in the air, my nose is running and I'm sneezing, allergy season is starting.

IrinaHarr

159 today, physician visit today - I am sure my a1c went up since I quit trulicity and on top of that depression in January and lots of comfort food, sleeping and not moving a lot. I also gained 12lb during that time, I started my fasting routine again in March but it will take time to get back to the November 2020 before numbers. Hope a1c is not too bad... 😱

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, IrinaHarr said:

159 today, physician visit today - I am sure my a1c went up since I quit trulicity and on top of that depression in January and lots of comfort food, sleeping and not moving a lot. I also gained 12lb during that time, I started my fasting routine again in March but it will take time to get back to the November 2020 before numbers. Hope a1c is not too bad... 😱

I think we each have to find what works for us. When I was taking Januvia it had no affect on me and my morning FBG went up and my A1C also climbed, while Trulicity seems to have worked almost immediately.

In three weeks I have blood lab work scheduled after three months on Trulicity to see how it is working.

TX_Clint

85 today. I got my second vaccine shot yesterday and this one made my arm real sore. It kept waking me up last night. But, well it's done so we'll see. On a sad note I lost two neighbors in the last week to heart attacks. Very good friends also.

Diana_CT

There are Red Flag Warnings out for forest fires. But it is not like forest fires out west, it is more like brush fires. 

Until the leaves come out the sun and the wind drys off the fallen leaves and falling branches on ground in the forests.

FunDad62

141 (not sure where that came from so I checked a second time after a shower and it was 140).

Scheduled and electrician to come next week and install 6 ceiling fans and a kitchen light fixture.  I could certainly do it but it'll be worth it to have it all done in half a day since there's so many.  I was over there yesterday and a landscape crew came and did the yard (took them 10 minutes).  Guess the previous owners have not canceled them yet.  😂  Today I'm going to start patching all the little holes in the garage walls and paint it in a few days.

Edited by FunDad62

IrinaHarr

151 today. Doctor visit went well, a1c changed from 6.2 in October to 7.2 now which is not a lot considering I was depressed this winter after my sister sudden passing and ate/slept a lot and moved very little for months. Gained 12 lb not doing any fasting and overeating, now back to fasting 3 days a week. Doctor insists that if I lose more weight the a1c will come down without Trulicity, he is worried about my thyroid and ordered another scan. That was the thyroid lump scare in October that prompted me quit Trulicity cold turkey.

Raining here a lot, looking forward to sunshine tomorrow :)

adiantum

I'm sure I've heard this before... 🎼🎵 I can see clearly now the rain has gone 🎵

The stars are shining & soon the ISS will be going overhead.

Yesterday I  rang  to make an appointment to see my doctor but was told she doesnt work there anymore.

My heart sank at that news.

The receptionists wet on to say Ive not been there for two years.. we laughed at that. 

She is the best GP I've ever had  so declined seeing her replacement & asked where she worked now.

Yay.. I see her tomorrow, although suspect my A1c will be up.