Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum
On 3/26/2021 at 4:11 AM, meyery2k said:

In cycling, while it is fun to ride through puddles, it is strongly discouraged.  You quickly learn why when you encounter your first hidden pothole.  Not only can you crash but you can wreck the rim which can be an expensive replacement and result in the walk of shame home.

Hmmm............ that  boy Michael is still  there & enjoying the journey .:rofl:

I'm still cleaning up after the rain. Last night I put 2 rolls of paper towels in the cars boot/trunk so I'm hoping theyve soaked up the water .

Hammer, that car is beautiful. You mustve been heartbroken to  see it filled with water.

meyery2k
35 minutes ago, adiantum said:

Hmmm............ that  boy Michael is still  there & enjoying the journey

My latest feat was to put a larger tire on the rear of one of my bikes.  I went from a 38mm width to a 44mm width tire.  There was some doubt as to whether it would fit in the frame.  It was raining, and I had nothing to do, so I tried it.  It turned out to fit but there is literally not enough space between the tire and one side of the frame to even fit a coin in.  After 80 miles, no signs of rub.  It is a fun ride.  I wouldn't advise it because, while a remote possibility, I could kick up a rock in there and lock up the rear wheel which would result in a skid.  The bike shop tech was mightily impressed but, he also, wouldn't encourage it.  Sometimes, you just gotta live lol...

If I break a spoke, that will throw the wheel out of true and might prove to be fun...

Diana_CT

122 this morning.

I had all the doors and windows open yesterday, it was in the mid-seventies (24C) and when I was closing up to go to bed I went out on the deck and it was beautiful! The near full moon was out and peeking out from between the clouds.

The only negatives was the maple trees are flowerings and my nose is stuffed up. Just what I need in this age of COVID-19 is going to the grocery store sneezing and runny nose, people will run away like I have the plague. But, but... it's only allergies!

IrinaHarr
3 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

Just what I need in this age of COVID-19 is going to the grocery store sneezing and runny nose, people will run away like I have the plague. But, but... it's only allergies!

All I need to do in a crowded store ilse is a little sneeze to get the folks thin out - then I can reach for the can of beans :rofl:

152 today.

Edited by IrinaHarr

Hammer

A 43 (2.39) today.  I decreased my nightly insulin dose by another 5 units last night and I still woke up to a 43.  Tonight, I'm not going to take any insulin and see what happens.

Hammer
20 hours ago, adiantum said:

Hammer, that car is beautiful. You must've been heartbroken to  see it filled with water.

Lee, yes, it made me mad, not just because the car was a total disaster, but back then, I didn't have insurance on it.  The car cost me $3,000, including tags, taxes, and title.  Because I was 16 years old, I was considered a high risk, so the insurance was ridiculous.  Just liability insurance was $1500 a year.  If I add collision, which would have paid for the damage to the car, would have raised the price to $2500....for a $3000 car....oh, and the insurance classified that car as a sports car (they could charge more money that way.)  Does that look like a sports car?  A sports car is a two seat car, not a family size car.

adiantum

Insurance companies are definately not a community minded business.

So many homes that were recently flooded were uninsured because of the high premiums for their risk region.

Some premiums were $30,000 per annum

FunDad62

Finally feels like I got something done at the house.  Garage walls look brand new now.  Pressure washer came and did all the concrete.  Next is painting the garage floor.  Something I've never done before.

Hammer
3 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Finally feels like I got something done at the house.  Garage walls look brand new now.  Pressure washer came and did all the concrete.  Next is painting the garage floor.  Something I've never done before.

Just a suggestion, if you paint your garage floor, have bags of sand on hand so that, as you paint the floor, you throw down a very light layer of sand on the floor before the paint dries, so that the sand will stick to the paint.  Painting a cement floor will make the floor slippery if it gets wet, and garage floors can get wet from various automobile fluids.  Adding sand to the floor, will give you traction, so if the floor gets wet, you won't slip on it.

FunDad62
2 hours ago, Hammer said:

Just a suggestion, if you paint your garage floor, have bags of sand on hand so that, as you paint the floor, you throw down a very light layer of sand on the floor before the paint dries, so that the sand will stick to the paint.  Painting a cement floor will make the floor slippery if it gets wet, and garage floors can get wet from various automobile fluids.  Adding sand to the floor, will give you traction, so if the floor gets wet, you won't slip on it.

@Hammer - I bought a Rust-oleum kit that comes with colored flakes to do just that.  I bought an extra bag of them too.

adiantum

Rust-oleum  is my new word for the day & regret the emotion I feel,

having thrown out a metal hat box that couldve been saved if I'd known about  Rust-oleum .

meyery2k

Rustoleum has saved many the appliance and bathtub in a humid and salt air laden environment.  It has extended the life of many items for me.

FunDad62

10 hours ago, meyery2k said:

Rustoleum has saved many the appliance and bathtub in a humid and salt air laden environment.  It has extended the life of many items for me.

Yep.  As the crow flies I am less than 4 miles from the ocean.  I lived in a house across the street from the beach in 2016-17 and omg, everything outside started rusting after 4 weeks.  My bicycle, my grill, my motorcycle.  And every morning my car windows were covered with salt-spray.  That's when I discovered that visiting the beach for a week is awesome but living that close full time, not so much.

Diana_CT

I don't have a warm fuzzy feeling for my reading this morning. First reading... 164, second reading immediate afterward on a different finger... 142

I washed my hands with soap and water, and wiped them with an alcohol pad before I tested.