Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

192 this morning, not sure why (may be needed to wash my sticky sweet fingers first). Will retest after couple glasses of water.

adiantum

8.2 after  a 10 hr sleep. 

I might have to set an alarm as waking up at 9.30 I am missing the best part of the day.

IrinaHarr

151 today, sunshine with light frost overnight (-1C). All plants are green, what am I to do - cover all of them?? It was a strange Spring, an unusually warm week in the beginning of March, then 3 days of rain and everything is just bursting with green energy. I have a bag of pine needles and leaves, will have to cover some tender plants, wondering what to do with daffodils that are about to open.

20210326_114249.jpg

adiantum

8 Yesterday I'd run out of meat for the  parks birds so we had to go to another park. A gardener was selling choko's/ chayote 5 for $2 & had an impressive honesty box welded to the fence. They must do this often , so we will go to that park again.

Driving home was different..  a police car followed  me for about 3 miles and I knew a brake light wasnt working . I'll have to get someone to replace it one day. So while driving , I practised a surprise look assuming I'd be pulled over, I even practised saying 'thank you' with absolute sincerity .

What a drama queen and what relief when they drove into a police station while I continued on my way

FunDad62

Found out why the a/c isn't cooling at the new house.  Something called a "thermal expansion valve" is bad and will be around $400 to repair.  My realtor put a call in to the inspector who gave the HVAC a clean bill of health back in February.  I'm sure he'll claim it was working then but I know he never checked it.  It was a very cold day when he came and he did turn the heat on but probably not the a/c.  The whole unit is less than two years old so maybe it's still under warranty for parts at least.

adiantum

Is it an omen to go for my lab results on this April Fools Day?

I'm bracing myself for the bad news.

Hammer
On 3/30/2021 at 6:21 PM, adiantum said:

Driving home was different..  a police car followed  me for about 3 miles and I knew a brake light wasnt working . I'll have to get someone to replace it one day. So while driving , I practised a surprise look assuming I'd be pulled over, I even practised saying 'thank you' with absolute sincerity .

What a drama queen and what relief when they drove into a police station while I continued on my way

Lee, just go to Youtube, type in the make, model, and year of your car, and also add brake light replacement, and there will most likely be a video of how to do that.  Brake lights are usually easy to replace, as they are mostly just, open the trunk (the boot to you), and unscrew the light bulb socket, unscrew the light bulb from the socket, and install a new light bulb.  If you have the owner's manual, it will tell you what bulb you need for the brake light so that you can buy a new bulb before you remove the burnt out light bulb.

Hammer
11 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Found out why the a/c isn't cooling at the new house.  Something called a "thermal expansion valve" is bad and will be around $400 to repair.  My realtor put a call in to the inspector who gave the HVAC a clean bill of health back in February.  I'm sure he'll claim it was working then but I know he never checked it.  It was a very cold day when he came and he did turn the heat on but probably not the a/c.  The whole unit is less than two years old so maybe it's still under warranty for parts at least.

Fundad, a thermal expansion valve isn't usually all that expensive, but to replace it means that they have to remove the Freon that is in the A/C unit first, then replace the valve, then recharge the A/C unit with Freon.  To do that isn't a difficult job, but to do that requires a vacuum pump, a tank of Freon, a propane bottle with a soldering head attached, and the tools to remove the valve.  The cost of those things is expensive, plus you need to know what you are doing, so paying someone to do it for you is usually the best way to go.

Edited by Hammer

FunDad62

Today is one year since I bought my new Ford Ranger and I have just under 10,000 miles on it.  That's unbelievable for me as I used to put close to 30,000 miles a year on my car commuting to work and back.  I had to put new tires on every 18 months.  I love this working from home gig.  Saving so much time and money.

Diana_CT

Today Mother Nature is playing a joke on us... it is snowing!

It was in the 70s (20sC) over the weekend and now it is 40 (4C)and snowing. It is not supposed to even coat the ground but it is the idea of looking out the window and seeing flakes coming down.

Hammer
1 hour ago, FunDad62 said:

Today is one year since I bought my new Ford Ranger and I have just under 10,000 miles on it.  That's unbelievable for me as I used to put close to 30,000 miles a year on my car commuting to work and back.  I had to put new tires on every 18 months.  I love this working from home gig.  Saving so much time and money.

Fundad, I bought my 2018 Dodge Durango back in 2018, so it's two years old.  I've put about 3,000 miles on it so far, but I lend it to my friend to take hunting, and I tell her to put some miles on it, since I don't, and it's not good to let a vehicle sit, so she's put about 4,000 miles on it, each year that she borrowed it, so she's put 8,000 miles on it.  She brought it back to my house the first week of January of this year, and I haven't driven it since, so it's still sitting in my driveway where she parked it.  I guess I'll have to drive it soon, as my state has a yearly state safety inspection, and the vehicle is due for it's inspection this month.