Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

9 & stressed.

My dog  is really sick , suspecting pancreatitis. I took him to the vets  yesterday after seeing a red poo when in the park.

they gave him a shot to settle digestion & pain & the phone no. for emergency vets as  everywhere is closed until tuesday.

I've done it to him so full of shame. I'd run out of his food on Tuesday night & the birds minced beef was past its best before date, so I gave my boy 1/2 can of spam

I had a job waking him this morning, he was cold, stiff & not breathing. He's breathing normal now & under blankets.

Oh, my lab results were crappy also, A1c back to where it was 13yrs ago at 7 & its no wonder as Ive had a pity party for the past 2 years.

The day started really well I thought. searching for a carpark, crawling behind a man pushing a trolley that mightve been the owner of the $20 note I saw fluttering to the ground. I bipped the horn for him & called was that his money.. grumpy old man said no & that he was parked in another lane.

I got out, picked up the brand new money but mr.grump  disappeared between cars... so I am the caretaker of $20 wishing he'd dropped lots more.

Thanks Hammer, I didnt think to check the cars manual. Ive changed  the globes in other cars but couldnt  see how to open this one. 

I had a stressful drive home from the vets in bumper to bumper  peak hour traffic.

1st April... sucked!!!

Diana_CT

Winter is back for the past couple of days, it is below freezing this morning  and Easter Sunday it is supposed to be back in the fifties again.

FunDad62

45 here in FL this morning.  Last of the cold I'm sure.  Ironically my a/c part is in and it's getting fixed today.  Last of the repair-men before I can move in.  Had the water heater replaced yesterday as the old one was probably the original one (17 years) and was leaking.

adiantum

He's going to  make it !!!

He was annoyed with the birds 5pm so sat in the doorway to stop them coming indoors. that was a great sign.

1am he went outside for his toilet but had to squat to pee. A huge pee so where did that come from? as I'd just been squirting 2ml  into his mouth every 20mins. I must keep a supply of syringes & bigger then 2ml.

7am he's barking at the birds & starving .. he's feeling well.

He  / We are going on a strict diet after this & I have to find a home for the Spam, but today we just need to chill & recover.

adiantum

7.3 & must remember to turn my clocks back an hour.

My dog seems to have recovered. He can climb the stairs  again, is  & hungry.

Yesterday he wanted to go to the park..maybe today.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

A 96 (5.33) today.  I went out and picked up all of the fallen branches in my yard today from this past winter.  My back is annoyed with me for doing that.  If my back is feeling better tomorrow, I'll attempt to remove the snow blower from my garden tractor and attach the mowing deck, which is another back breaking job.  The hard part is having to lay down on the ground to get under the tractor to disconnect things and connect other things, then having to get back up off of the ground, which is the hardest part, and when you have to do this many times, it wears you out. 

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 137.

I was sitting outside on the deck last night now that the weather is warming up, the wildlife is starting to come out. 
Once  again a pair of rabbits kept tripping the back spotlight they were doing what rabbits do in the spring time, a deep baritone frog was croaking away, a family of ducks back in the wetlands were quaking, and the peepers are also out.

Even though the wetlands were flooded from the rains, the woods are drying out, there  are red flag warnings out for forest fires. There  were a  couple of brush fires up on the mountain over the weekend, I don't know if smokers started them with discarded cigarettes or what. I heard the sirens going off for the volunteer fire departments. 

They closed a number of hiking trails and state parks over the weekend because of the crowds, a lot of people went walking over the weekend. With being cooped up because the virus people are itching to get outdoors. 

FunDad62

@Diana_CT - Interesting that there are still volunteer FD's that use the old siren.  Thirty-five years ago we had a siren but we all carried pagers too.  I would think there's an app or something to alert volunteers these days.