Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

IrinaHarr

147 today. Lee I am glad your dog is feeling better!

We had some excitement on our street 3am Saturday morning- fire trucks all over (I counted 7 trucks). Neighbors across the street had house fire, it was put our by firefighters really fast, all people that lived there are safe and well,  and now live in a hotel room. 

Hot here, 85F Sunday and today, thunderstorms and hail coming tomorrow. This is a very early Spring, the warmest I remember is 68F in April. Bulbs are blooming, crab apple tree is opening leaves and start blooming soon. If we get hard freeze most of trees / plants will die.

20210405_142030.jpg

20210405_142204.jpg

IrinaHarr

142 today, cooling down from weekend heat (air conditioning was running a lot). Looking forward to some rain, pups were getting overheated very fast outside since we have no shade yet.

Hammer

An 82 (4.56) today.  It looks like my starvation diet is slowly working.  I've been on it for a number of months now, but I've only lost 20 pounds (9 kg).  You'd think that only eating 3 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, and a slice of Swiss cheese here and there, and a small handful of cashews here and there, as well as pedaling my exercise bike every day, would cause me to lose more weight, but I guess not.  I have noticed today that I'm getting a little light headed, which I figure is due to the lack of calories, but the thing is, I'm not hungry.  I even have to force down the three hard boiled eggs for breakfast every day, as I'm not hungry when I get up.

FunDad62

Painted the garage floor yesterday.  A lot more work than regular painting.  Took me three hours to do a two-car garage but man what a difference.  It looks great.  I'll post pics later.  Wanted to wait until it's completely dried today.

Hammer

Another 82 (4.56) today.  I now believe that my light headedness is due to dehydration, since I drink very little water.  I finally managed to swap out my snow blower attachment for my mowing deck, and it was real chore.  I'm getting too old for this stuff.  It's hard for me to get down on the ground, and much harder for me to get up, and when you have to do it 20 times or more to swap out the tractor's attachments, it wears you out very quickly.

IrinaHarr

143 today, I started fasting every other day again and recently 3 out 4 without any cheating (like getting up at 2 am after fasting day and go to the fridge). Slowly working my way down to the same weight I had 4 months ago. 

Today my husband and I went for breakfast in our local famous Shirley's Diner to celebrate our 2 weeks since 2nd vaccine shot; had chicken fried steak with gravy, eggs and a bite of hash browns and pancakes. Lots of people had the same idea I guess, only staff was wearing masks - there was a family with 3 kids, large group with seniors, 3-4 people at other tables, business at the diner was as usual. Feeling like we've got our lives back :)

On the photo: our Elvis themed Shirley's Diner.

screencapture-google-maps-uv-2021-04-08-14_35_38.png

Edited by IrinaHarr