Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

8 & that pisses me off.

Yesterday's menu  2egg,spinach & cheese omelette 

pumpkin soup with sour cream & 1 slice  of toast with butter.

dinner was a 3egg omelette  with cheese & spinach.

I walked through the park.

I have IBS  & wonder if that contributes to my BG

Hammer

A 79 (4.39) today.  Lee, I also have IBS, and my doctor prescribed WelChol, well, the generic for WelChol which is Colesevelam, for cholesterol, and the side effects of it are that it can make you constipated.  When you have IBS and take Colesevelam, the two cancel each other out, and you don't have issues with IBS, plus it lowers your cholesterol.  The only down side is that the pills are huge and you need to take six of them, but the bright side is that it also comes in liquid form, in the event you have trouble taking pills that large.

adiantum
Gee thats scary Hammer, to  even have IBS as you do.
In many of your posts you have me thinking how many similarities we share.

The reason it scares me  is that often after reading your posts I think.. shoot , he's  strange.
I guess that makes it two strange people here .:rofl:

FunDad62

I've got to stop eating ice cream every night.  Geesh.  I used to eat it maybe twice a year.

Here's the garage painting project.

image001.png

Diana_CT
2 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

I've got to stop eating ice cream every night.  Geesh.  I used to eat it maybe twice a year.

Here's the garage painting project.

image001.png

Looks great! You do nice work, it also looks like you painted the walls

meyery2k

95 today.  Some creative vandalism I came across.  This park is a place to go for outrigger paddling.

May be an image of road

FunDad62
6 hours ago, Diana_CT said:

Looks great! You do nice work, it also looks like you painted the walls

You have a keen eye.  I did in fact patch and paint the walls a couple of weeks ago.  Now I just gotta fix that hole in the wall from the door knob.  I knew it would take some time so I skipped it when painting.  This house has been a rental and of course had renter damage.  The master bath also has a doorknob hole in the sheetrock.  And my daughters bathroom door is split at the latch where someone apparently broke it open when it was locked.

adiantum

7.2 Great work  FunDad, it looks really nice now.

Diana, I'm hoping my A1c will come down as much  1st July when I go back for labwork.

Hammer

A 73 (4.06) today.  Fundad, before you fix the hole in the wall behind the door, get one of those door stops that you bolt to the bottom of the wall behind the door.  They prevent the doorknob from hitting the wall.  You should install this before you fix the wall, otherwise, someone may open the door and create another hole.  If you don't want to bolt the stopper to the wall, you can always get the door stopper that mounts on the door hinge, like this one, that way, all you need to do is to remove one of the pins in the door hinge, place this on top of the hinge, then run the pin though the stopper, and back through the hinge.

As for eating ice cream, have you ever tried Breyer's Carb Smart?  It's called frozen dairy dessert, but it has a lot less carbs than ice cream.

Edited by Hammer

Diana_CT

On this beautiful Saturday morning my reading was 124.

The skunk cabbage is flowering as they poke their way above the water in the wetlands. You can smell them and understand why they are called skunk cabbage. 

FunDad62

Todays the day.  Movers should be here at 8:30 to move all of my furniture.  It's only 2 1/2 miles to my new place so it should only take them 3 hours maybe.

@Hammer - Oddly enough there were door stops behind every door but they were the rigid kind and had been bent and come loose over the years.  I swear it seems like someone with a bad temper lived there once.  I've already replaced every one of them with the spring type.  In the garage I put one of the stoppers that goes on the hinge.

I have not tried the carb smart ice cream.  I will definitely try it.

janice21475
20 hours ago, meyery2k said:

95 today.  Some creative vandalism I came across.  This park is a place to go for outrigger paddling.

Are you saying that the paddle was not original on that sign? Looks like some more rain is on the way.

meyery2k
3 hours ago, janice21475 said:

Are you saying that the paddle was not original on that sign? Looks like some more rain is on the way.

Yes.  Somebody used vinyl tape to create the paddle.

Hilo gets 120" of rain a year so, yeah, it probably did rain.  It is just part of the background lol...

85 today.

adiantum

8.4 which will have me ring the meter company tomorrow for another.

This meter has been playing up all week  making me jiggle the strip around to get it to activate.

I feel clear headed & energetic which wouldnt be if 8.4 was accurate.

Skunk cabbage is an interesting plant, thanks for that link.

edit: Hahaha I just tried to refresh it on my mind  so googled skunk weed. Ive never heard it called that before .

Edited by adiantum

FunDad62

Move went good.  Have one more load to go get today and then clean up the apartment.  This is what I was greeted with this morning.

image3.jpeg

adiantum

7.  A lovely day  yesterday  of 3 hours in the dogs park but without a hat & my face burnt bad wiith blisters breaking through the night.

Preparations  include taking a chair , bottles of water &  treats. For  the IBS, I take anti-diarrhoea tabs then  an antihistamine for the reaction to them.

Slept 10 hours  through our coldest night of the year