Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

8  perhaps the remnants of yesterdays horrible day when everything went wrong. I even hit the timber awning post at the op-shop.

I went there to donate goods, but to get to the parking lot I had to weave through cars as the driveway was semi blocked . 

then when I opened the boot/trunk the timber & leather  items were covered with mould. That boot leaks badly.

Left there to go on to a service station to get kerosene but the driveway to those bowsers was blocked by two 18wheel trucks.

I'll ger kerosene another day.

I guess Ive been in a blizzard  when  on Mt Beauty but it was fine when we got off the mountain that day. 

Ive been  through hurricans, wildfires  & a 5.5 earthquake.. not  fun,   but I'd be terrified of a volcano. 

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 136.

Yesterday it was 68 (20C) and it supposed to snow tonight. Don't you just love spring? 

janice21475
4 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Nothing much sweeter to see than a puppy. He looks like he will be a great dog.

adiantum

Awwwww that puppy is adorable.

Such a formal look with those white  socks & shirt front ,but I'm sure  they will still  look just fine after her many dips in that lake.

I'm really looking forward to reading puppy adventures.

FunDad62

TGIF.  Lot's to do around the new house this weekend.  One thing I don't have to do is cut the grass.  This used to be a rental and apparently the realtor that was renting it out to people has failed to notify the lawn service that the house was sold.  Lol.  Part of me says I should tell them and part of me says don't.  I can put off buying a new $400 lawn mower for another couple of weeks now!

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 128

Its snowing! 

Wednesday it was 70 (21C) and today it is 35 (1C) and snow, talk about whiplash. 

janice21475
2 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

re:cutting grass

This used to be a rental and apparently the realtor that was renting it out to people has failed to notify the lawn service that the house was sold.  Lol.  Part of me says I should tell them and part of me says don't.  I can put off buying a new $400 lawn mower for another couple of weeks now!

FunDad, I don't believe you really want to start your new home adventure by scamming this lawn service. No matter how you look at it, it is not a good way to start off a new life in a new home. I like to imagine you have already come to this decision  on your own but wanted to give a little nudge of encouragement - Do the Right Thing.  It would not be a good example for your daughter, either.

meyery2k

@FunDad62 - How much is the service?  Might be worth the convenience of not mowing and keeping up with the maintenance of a mower.  Especially if they do other work.

FunDad62
19 minutes ago, meyery2k said:

@FunDad62 - How much is the service?  Might be worth the convenience of not mowing and keeping up with the maintenance of a mower.  Especially if they do other work.

More than I want to pay.  I've thought about it many times and how nice it would be to have someone else do the yard but I just can't pay $150/month for something I can easily do myself.  And I always looked at it as exercise I could use.  I could mow, edge and blow my yard in an hour.  The problem is June through September when it's brutal hot.  

ran23

110 today after Korean spicy seafood soup w/ Udon.      I guess my $40 a month isn't bad for my lawns. 

Hammer

A 78 (4.33) today.  FunDad, $400 for a lawnmower reminds me of when I had to get a walk behind lawnmower to do some of the trim work around my lawn.  My lawn is too big for just a walk behind mower (1.2 acres), so I have always needed a riding mower.  My present machine wasn't cheap....$17,000, but that included a 54 inch mowing deck, a 46 inch snowblower, wheel weights and liquid filled tires.  I know that this machine is expensive, but I wanted it because it has a three cylinder, diesel engine, and I got it in the optional 4-wheel drive version, for using the snowblower in the winter months.

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was the lowest in very, very long time, 103.

I'm off to the Cape this morning for a week, I have a number of small jobs around the cottage that needs to be done.

Hopefully, I'll also take a lot of photos. 

adiantum
15 hours ago, ran23 said:

Oh Baby, a birthday?   OK, tell us your plans.  

LOL well.. plan  " B" was called upon because of the weather.

I'd  hoped to drive 3hrs North but they were predicted to have heavy rain, where here it was just showers.

I also planned the day to be bursting with happiness..but a  much loved  cousin died yesterday.

I take birthdays seriously realising how fortunate I am to have this space on the planet.

It might be just co-incidences but several   family & friends seem to die on or the week of my birthdays, even my mother.

but.. I still had a great day starting with family at 7.30am then I met up with friends in the dogs park.

That had me receiving many gifts  & even puppy dog kisses .

starting the day with  the 6.4 was a gift in itself.