Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

8 which I know must be a lie but how can I prove it.

No sale on monitors here.. I paid $198AU for a 24inch.

I always feel fleeced when I deal with that store but they are local.

My good fortune was in finding a carpark right at the door of the store.

I was there when they opened & put the quarantine notice on the dashboard, so I knew my dog would be OK

I even kept a straight face when asking that the salesman carry the monitor to the car, showing him my bandaid clad thumb for reasoning.

Edited by adiantum

Hammer

An 87 (4.83) today.  I also have a 24 inch monitor.  I've had it for years, and I like it.  It has 2 external USB ports on it, which I am using.  My keyboard also has 2 external USB ports on it,  which I'm not using at this time.  When I need to buy a monitor, I look at reviews of monitors, and see which one has the best reviews, as well as how it did in benchmark tests.  I don't care what it costs, I just want a really good monitor.(I think that this monitor cost $600).  Since I've always bought them online, they are shipped to my house, usually with free shipping.  Once I get a new monitor, I calibrate it with one of my colorimeters.  Monitors don't come from the factory already calibrated, since that would be impossible.  The graphics card in your computer is the reason why, since each graphics card reproduces colors differently.  The reason why you should calibrate your monitor is because, once it's calibrated, what you see on your monitor is exactly how that picture looks.  If you don't calibrate your monitor, what you see on your monitor, isn't what others are seeing on their monitors, and the difference can be dramatic.

FunDad62

Finally got my fridge fixed yesterday.  Hallaleuah.  It's been really inconvenient.  I think I have everything "fixed" that needed fixing.  Yay for that.

Oh and I called the realty company last week that I bought this house from and told them the landscape people were still cutting the grass and they said "Oh!  We'll take care of that."  Guess what?  The landscape crew showed up yesterday again and did my lawn.

adiantum

8.2 Perhaps its  birthday treats payback .

I made soup yesterday that had 2 potatoes in it but I left the potatoes in the bowl.. carbs mustve leached out.

I've not had that recipe before but will do it again. & it is soup season here.

Onion, garlic,chilli, salsa, potato, cauliflower,zuchini ,cabbage & vegetable stock. It called for 1 can tomoatoes but I dislike tomato.

FunDad62

Sounds like everyone in the eastern US is getting a late cold spell.  50F here this morning.  Cold compared to the last few weeks.

adiantum

Last night was predicted to drop to 9C/ 48F so I put the column heater in the office doorway where my dog likes to sleep.

He came in & checked it out then gave a very pleased wag of his tail.

Hammer

A 92 (5.11) today.  Last night it dropped to 33°F (.55°C).  This coming Wednesday, it's going up to 85°F (29°C).

FunDad62

Apparently I missed a fantastic Spacex launch this morning.  Darn it.  Should've dragged my butt out of bed to watch it.

adiantum

The astronaut Megan McArthur on board the SpaceXis married to another astronaut who is staying home with their son..

Thats a  family that wont be discussing the price of eggs over the dinner table.

12 hours ago, FunDad62 said:

Apparently I missed a fantastic Spacex launch this morning.  Darn it.  Should've dragged my butt out of bed to watch it.

Hammer

A 97 (5.39) today.  I got the grass cut today, but I didn't do any trim work.  I think I might just do like I did before and spray the weeds with Roundup, that way, I won't need to do any trim work for the rest of the year.