Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

8.1 So it wasnt a treat after all. I went for a drive around the lake yesterday planning on getting grilled fish from a lovely take away corner store I've  visted over the years. Sadly those small shops are empty these days  since  McDonalds opened nearby. I didnt enjoy the fillet of fish & was still hungry all afternoon.

IrinaHarr

215 today, shizam!! :(   Just came back from Garden City, KS dog show - 12 Toto dogs were in the show ring in Kansas and even judge made a joke about Wizard of Oz which was great. Unfortunately, I was not watching my diet and KS allowed people in hotels to wear no masks (which felt great!) and serve breakfast; I was in a hurry all the time to go to the show in the morning and fell into "make your own hot waffle for breakfast" trap. Damn.

Going to the basement to spin the air bike, might help to lower the BG. :bike:

janice21475
26 minutes ago, IrinaHarr said:

fell into "make your own hot waffle for breakfast" trap.

That trap has the most tempting name, "make your own hot waffle for breakfast." Yum! Your numbers will drop back down now that you are home BUT it sounds like you had a good time. That is important.  Hug. . .

adiantum

12 Cairns in one place..wow I've not seen one yet.

I did see a large ,one eyed,  brindle dog last week that I thought was a stray wandering around a carpark. 

I gave her 'roo' treats thinking I'd have to take her to a vet to get scanned for microchips, but I found her humans at the mechanics workshop.

Her dad asked what I'd fed her as she's never enjoyed treats like that roo. I was pleased he then went to the pet food store & bought some just for her.

She too has had pancreatitis, but she's also lost an eye &  was bitten by one of our venomous  snakes. A lovely dog but I didnt even ask her name.

FunDad..have you named your puppy yet?

image.png.ed16096b78dd7c0a9a731697b6000a0c.png

FunDad62

We named her "Harper".  I used to live on a street named Harpers Ferry in Atlanta and that's sort of where we came up with it.  Later I realized another sentimental tidbit.  When I was a kid, we named all of our dogs names that began with "H" and had two syllables (I have NO idea why).  There was Henry, Hoover, Hamlet and Homer.  Well, "Harper" fits the bill perfectly!  The tradition continues.

IrinaHarr

175 today, somewhat less than yesterday but still room for improvement today. We are going to MN for Land of Lakes show, only 24 cairns were registered this year (non covid year is usually 50). I will take better care of my diet.

FunDad, congrats on getting a dog, being a homeowner has its own rewards :)

meyery2k

97 today.  Sunday's adventure was that the refrigerator went on the fritz.  The control board inside was just clicking.  Rush to get ice and salt and get the food in there.

Pulled the board and was able to order a replacement for $250 ($1500 refrigerator so worth it) and easy for me to change.  Board comes in tommorrow.  Against hope, I cleaned all the connectors and reinstalled the old board yesterday.  So far the refrigerator has run all night and got down to operating temperature.  The compressor has kicked on a few times.  Put the food back in with some ice to keep the load off as much as I can.  This buys me some time against the food spoiling.

Salted ice and a good cooler proved a life saver.  Even 48 hours later, food was still frozen solid.