Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

adiantum

I'll have to cook today as I'm getting weary of salads every meal, even the freezer has run out of pre-cooked meals.

3 eggplants will be my first dish ,using pasta sauce thats at ( or beyond)  its use-by-date & lots of cheese.

ran23

Wish I would have planted eggplant last summer, I miss that with Olive oil and pasta sauce.  

112 today.  

Ahnanimus

94. Not exactly an FBG . Had to change the battery so I  ended up doing a random. Happy to see double digits all the same.

Diana_CT

So far this winter the ponds have not frozen over and the ground is still not frozen, and for the next ten days the temperature is to be above freezing

I have a worry that without a deep freeze the invasive insects will not be killed off. A colony of Gulf Coast Tick has been found her in CT along with these invasive insects; wood-boring Asian longhorned beetle, and the emerald ash borer. It was the emerald ash borer that killed the ash trees in my backyard.

janice21475
On 1/8/2021 at 4:20 PM, adiantum said:

I reset my password  the other day but didnt keep a copy believing " I'll remember that".

Ha.. well I didnt !!

Not laughing at you but laughing with you. Been there, done that.

My oldest at died yesterday. I don't know what caused it but she was frail. She was 10. God blessed me by sending my handyman (who has no phone and only comes when he needs cash) so digging the grave was not an issue. Her name was Checkers. I am down to 1 cat and 2 dogs. No plans to get any more, just trying to outlive those current ones.

adiantum

7. Ran I wish I grew eggplants too... maybe in the next house. Theyre on special  but a medium sixe is still $3.50Au.

Janice, I am sorry . Checkers wasnt here long & I guess went naturally.....poor Checkers.

The worst period in my life was when my Doberwoman was dying & after she'd passed.

Diana, both land & aquatic animals have been seen  migrating because of global warming. 

Ive not seen the difference yet but theres different fish being caught locally.

meyery2k

Janice - I am sorry about Checkers.  Some of my best friends have been 4-legged...

Diana - Keep an eye on the polar vortex.  Extreme cold might be coming your way.

Late post.  I was 101 this morning.  Had to work a little this afternoon.  Got up and hit the bike so I could get my ride in.  We are having a period of high surf and, as you can see, it can go from calm to wild to calm in moments as the sets pass through.  I also encountered this taro patch today.

Image may contain: cloud, ocean, sky, outdoor, nature and water

Image may contain: ocean, cloud, sky, outdoor, water and nature

138075077_10214429237604428_207041790555

Image may contain: cloud, sky, plant, outdoor and nature

FunDad62

Mom and I cooked some eggplant this weekend.  I can't wait to get in to the house so I can have a little vegetable garden again.  And bird feeders.

adiantum

Ive only discovered eggplants since Dx when looking for low carb veges. 

Now I wish I grew orange capsicums as they  support good eye health.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-12/orange-capsicums-help-prevent-blindness-but-not-widely-available/13049208

FunDad62

@adiantum - Orange capsicums?  From my Google search, those are what we call bell peppers?  I have an orange, yellow and green on in my fridge now.