Diabetes forums
  • Welcome To Diabetes Forums!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today to contribute and support the site.

adiantum

Fasting BG of 2021

Diana_CT

145 was my reading this morning. 

Yesterday was a beautiful day here, high in the mid 70s (23C) with no wind. When I was sitting out on the deck reading, I could hear the druming of woodpeckers, I looked up and there were 4 or 5 red headed woodpeckers combing the dead ash trees. The ash trees in the wetlands were killed by Emerald Ash Borer a couple of years ago.

And by the sound this morning the woodpeckers are still around. Last spring I had to chase the woodpeckers away when they started to to drum on my vinyl siding for their mating calls. 

adiantum

The woodpeckers  must be wonderful to observe. We dont have any here.

We do have Corellas & daily I see flocks of about 100 at the park or fly over my house day or night & screach as they travel.

The flock down south are much greater &  remind me of Alfred Hitchcocks " Birds"

1281855858_CorellasflockNowraNSW.jpg.46f0b155532ce7d52ba8e9af3fad3958.jpg

https://expressdigest.com/insane-moments-thousands-of-corellas-descend-on-nsw-south-coast-town-nowra/

FunDad62

Finally bit the bullet and bought a lawnmower yesterday.  $400.  I hate spending money on things that aren't fun.  Lol.

adiantum

7.4 on the last day of April. This year is flying by so fast.

I called in at the op-shop yesterday  & bought stuff instead of donating. More clutter!!

I'm not sure that I will need 10 soup spoons but they were shiny new & 5 for $1.

Todays cuttlery sets dont include soup spoons which has me wondering how of if modern people eat soup.

Diana_CT

This morning's reading was 134.

Last night  I bought what is called here a Maine lobster roll, which uses mayonnaise instead of butter. I throw the roll out to the critters in the swamp and add lettuce, cherry tomatoes, celery, and a little onion and voila lobster salad. 

FunDad62

TGIF.  Spotted an alligator yesterday in the lake behind my house.  My guess is it's about 4 or 5 feet long.  I'd probably leave it alone but with the puppy and my daughter going in the back yard often, I suppose I'll call the wildlife commission and they can re-locate it.  The ducks and geese were scarce yesterday.  Smart birds.

16 hours ago, adiantum said:

I'm not sure that I will need 10 soup spoons but they were shiny new & 5 for $1.

5 for $1????  Oh yeah, I would've had to make that purchase too!  Good bargain!

Hammer

A 72 (4.0) today.  I went in to the hospital today to get my 3 month blood work done.  I'm always impressed with how quickly they post my lab results on my portal.  I was there at 12 noon, and they had the results posted by 2:30 pm.

Diana_CT
1 hour ago, Hammer said:

A 72 (4.0) today.  I went in to the hospital today to get my 3 month blood work done.  I'm always impressed with how quickly they post my lab results on my portal.  I was there at 12 noon, and they had the results posted by 2:30 pm.

I volunteer at a health clinic and they have a machine that does the common blood test and it takes only a matter of minutes to run the test.

Hammer
22 minutes ago, Diana_CT said:

I volunteer at a health clinic and they have a machine that does the common blood test and it takes only a matter of minutes to run the test.

Yes, I was at the hospital once, and I asked the woman drawing my blood if they had a machine that they put the blood in and ran all of the tests at the same time, and she that, yes, they did.

adiantum

7 for me.

Poor alligator having to move out because of the neighbours lol.

I guess that would be preferable then wrestling with a human stealing your doggy bag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGI91xQdSr8

Diana_CT

My reading this morning was 137.

Last night I was sitting out on the deck under the overhang watching the rain come down and the lightning in the distance when... crack, crack, thud. One of the dead ash trees in the wetlands a couple of houses down came down. Slowly one by one the dead ash trees are coming down. 

FunDad62

Well the trappers came and saw the gator but couldn't get close enough to catch it.  I haven't seen it since they left.  Maybe it moved on to the next pond.

adiantum

FunDad,  If not that alligator there  could always be another so best plan is to be prepared.

Dont allow it to spoil your lovely corner of the planet, just enjoy  what you have.

Here, I dont allow my dog to free range in the backyard if I'm not out there in case of a snake.

The chances of one being in the front garden are slim ,so he's free to be out there anytime.

adiantum

8 today.

Diana, it must be sad to hear those trees fall. Do the locals cut them up for firewood?

Ran Ive always considered gardeners to be like snails as I'd often see fellow gardeners in the plant nursies / garden centres when its raining.